Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2001 8:12:02 PM EDT
Why some men hate cats:

Dogs need you.  Dogs give you unlimited attention, love you, but most important of all, obey your every command (if trained right).  Dogs are a creature that will never leave you, always need you, and are always willing to pay attention to you.

Cats are independent.  They can decide how much to eat, when to come to you, when to use the bathroom.  Cats don't need you.  They just like YOU giving THEM attention.  

Men who love dogs and hate cats have a problem with their selfesteem.  They want something to boss around.  Not neccesarily to abuse, but something that WILL listen to them.  They don't like cats because they can't dominate them.  Try to dominate a cat, and it bites you.  But, cats are still cute, and loving animals, they just have their limits.

It's really a matter of if the man in question's wife/girlfriend is giving him any.

James
nomex suit on

please people, I like dogs too.  This post is tongue-in-cheek, and just supposed to be funny, don't take it personally (except for Randall Flagg)

Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#1]
i agree 100% with the assessment of the differences between cats and dogs.  i have both.  and when i want guaranteed love and affection i always go to the dog.  if i want it from the cat, i have to ignore the cat and make it think i DON't want it.  [:)]  

as far as the assessment of men not liking cats....i'm not even going to touch that one.  [:D]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#2]
so does this mean

Men are Dogs
Women are Pussy's
[>:/][:o)]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Dogs will eat anything. Cats are picky.

Dogs will warn you of intruders. Cats leave.

Dogs will eat the ass out of intruders. Cat left 5 mins. ago.

Dogs keep people out of your yard. Cats shit in the neighbors yard.

A dog will do anything you train it to do. A cat will do what it wants to do no matter what you try and teach it.

Dogs will save your life. Cats will find someplace else to live when you are dead.

Dogs keep the bed warm. Cats climb the curtains.

For all these reasons and more someone wrote the book "101 uses for a dead cat."

Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish we could have both cats and dogs. Guinea pigs, too, for that matter, but we're away on weekends a lot, and with kids around, and a wife who works a lot, guess who'd have to take care of the animals. ME....

No thanks, not for now. Leaving animals all alone frequently is not a good thing for them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Steyr that is very true.  
But which animal does it make seem smarter?

James
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't need a useless mammal suckin' up air in my house no matter how smart.

To answer your question above. Men like dogs because they are like men themselves. They will sacrifice and die to protect those they love. Not very smart but men and dogs with both do it. Cats are more like lawyers. Smart and goddamn useless.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#7]
My girlfriend wants a cat..  I am going to get a german shepherd..  I tell her if she gets one, I'll feed it to my dog, if I havent used it for a "ballastic test" yet...
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:20:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Cats are worthless. They occasionally make a good range target though.

What would you rather have in a friend: Loyalty (a dog) or a prissy coward (a cat)?

I agree with your assessment of dogs and cats, but youre idea of why men prefer dogs is total bravo sierra.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:26:30 PM EDT
[#9]
You need to understand cats in order to appreciate them.
I'm part cat myself, so I of course like them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:30:58 PM EDT
[#10]
You're partially useless?
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You need to understand cats in order to appreciate them.
I'm part cat myself, so I of course like them.
View Quote

I'm just gonna act like I did'nt even read THIS response [:D]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:34:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You're partially useless?
View Quote

Yep. Right now I am.
Part of me just got [i]completely[/i] used up.

[:D]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Egyptians worshiped cats for a reason. Cats have a certain awareness that most people can't relate to.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

The Egyptians worshiped cats for a reason. Cats have a certain awareness that most people can't relate to.
View Quote

wow....really ?
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:41:53 PM EDT
[#15]
treetop - we should talk - i too am part cat!!

also and the proud father of two d.a.s. 'lads' (zeus and apollo - kidding!)- had them for 14 years (outlasted my marriage by a long shot) - they stay independent mostly - but will come at times when called.  will eat most anything i give them and are very affectionate and will stick their paws out to me when they want extra petting.  they're getting old now and sleep alot but will sit at or near my feet when i'm on ar15.com or will watch me clean my weapons,

steve

Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Tree, if cat's were so goddamn aware, my German Shepard would not have brought one home last year.

If you want a cat, get a real one. Lion, tiger, hell even a bobcat. House cats are like minature dogs. They are a freak of evolution. Like a shrub with legs. Natural selection would have done them in years ago if we didn't butt in.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:55:08 PM EDT
[#17]
ENJOY[:D]
[img]http://www.zing.com/picture/pffe9b82ae3d4e65675b071dbd62b05b3/fea7349d.jpg.orig.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Obviously, you that think cats are useless have never been owned by a Bengal.

The are basically a cross between an Asian jungle cat of sorts and a house cat.

Can be mean, mean, mean.

My first one, Tweeker, was about 25-30 lbs of muscle and could clear a six foot fence with ease.
The first time our neighbor's Rott tried messing with Tweeker was his last.
Dog lost so much blood, almost died at the vet. The funny part was neighbor tried to get me to pay not only for the vet bills, but for the cost of the mutt....seems it was show dog.

Tweeker was very skitish and would run under the bed...his signal that some one was coming down the walkway.  He did this as my two dogs, Rott/ABT & Rott/Dobie, were fast asleep.

Paul
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 10:50:29 PM EDT
[#19]
 I wanted a big dog, but could'nt have one over 14in and the shoulder because of my park rules.  A cat was easier to train and hide so I have a cat.  I guess I got lucky because my cat eats almost anything thrown at her (she usualy likes it rolling across the floor though) she misses me when I am gone for a long time.  She like to play rough (bite, roll aroung, run through the house, etc.) she keeps my bed warm, and is very very amusing when she plays with a foil ball attached to a fishing line.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 11:05:08 PM EDT
[#20]
You wanna know the real truth about cats and dogs?

They taste just like chicken.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 11:15:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Actually cats aren't cowardly...they only run from things bigger than them...which is like everything...but if you put a cat and a dog that weighed the same together...byebye doggie...you have to give cats a chance to understand them.

James...defender and lover of pussy everywhere
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 6:34:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Men=Dogs
Women=Cats

Yes.......men like dogs because they are much alike.  I totally agree with that.

I don't however, agree with the domination part.

My wife acts just like a cat.  Totally.

My dog, a Jack Russell Terrier, is more loyal, more lovable, more intelligent and more trustworthy than almost anyone I know.

She listens better to.

Hows that?
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 7:47:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Actually cats aren't cowardly...they only run from things bigger than them...which is like everything...but if you put a cat and a dog that weighed the same together...byebye doggie...you have to give cats a chance to understand them.

James...defender and lover of pussy everywhere
View Quote

Most cats I've had or known would come out ahead in a fight with most dogs. Coyotes are a little more dangerous to them, and a fisher will eat a cat's lunch. A coon would win a fight with a cat, too, but most coons won't pick a fight with them. Each pound of a cat's body weight is packed with 5 lbs of fight. A friend in OK had a big ol' tomcat (20-25lbs) that would kill rattlesnakes, and I saw the same cat running from 4 dogs once (50lb-ish mutts) - but in that part of OK trees are few and far between, so he stopped, turned, and fucked up all 4 of those dogs. He was in pretty bad shape, too (needed about 100 stitches, lost an ear and part of the scalp around it, and almost lost an eye) but it was the dogs that broke off the fight.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 8:23:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Letz zee what Freud might zay, ya?

Dogs are the male ego wrapped up in a small, pet-size package.  They are simply extensions of our, um, Pluto Echo Nevada Indigo Sierras.  What we see in ourselves and our buddies, we also see in our dog.  We watch TV with them, play outside and walk with them, and do general masculine things with them.

Pus...er let's just call them "Cats" for the moment, are generally how we view and treat some of our female counterparts.  While the "cat" may be warm, fuzzy, and more eye-appealing then your dog, you have a scant urge to play with or pet them, but do not want to deal with the moodiness, fussiness, and general attitude of the cat.  Just like women, cats ARE VERY PERSNICKETY (look it up), and although we're tempted to associate with them, just as in reality we have to ultimately decide if the hassle of putting up with them is worth it.

Lesson of the day:  If you're tempted to play with your pussy, be ready to put up with it afterwards...if I had known then what i know now *sigh*

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 2:02:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Best reason to own a dog=mobile home invasion detection unit and very loyal.

Best reason to own a cat=mobile disease carrying rodent exterminator.

I like both if they got cool personalities/dispositions.

But if it were a matter of survival/life and death, I would find out if either really taste like chicken.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 4:09:09 AM EDT
[#26]
The Egyptians worshiped cats for a reason.
View Quote

Eating the rats that ate their grain probably had a lot to do with it.

Didn't the Egyptians also worship the scarab (dung beetle)?  So much for their taste in animals... [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top