Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2015 9:07:41 PM EDT
So with all the thread about close calls at work, what's your close calls when you were not getting paid?

Mine, when I was 18 months old, I was checking out my my uncle's new corvette and he backed it over me. The tire rested on my head, and according to my mom, who got shera strength picked up the car off my head, I was dead for a few minutes. Broken collarbone compound fracture at my elbow broken T-11 and a cracked skull. But no long term side effects

Share yours
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy crap!!! That's scary!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#2]
woke up on the middle of the night once and had bad diahria.  almost missed the toilet by a split second
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:13:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't like my kids being around moving vehicles.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:15:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got nothing.

Fortunate that Darwin has never come calling with an award.
View Quote

Darwin missed me by 'that' much.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

So with all the thread about close calls at work, what's your close calls when you were not getting paid?

Mine, when I was 18 months old, I was checking out my my uncle's new corvette and he backed it over me. The tire rested on my head, and according to my mom, who got shera strength picked up the car off my head, I was dead for a few minutes. Broken collarbone compound fracture at my elbow broken T-11 and a cracked skull. But no long term side effects

Share yours
View Quote

Now your previous posts make sense.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I've had a couple fainting spells. Worst was when I was 19, woke up on someone's lawn after I wrecked my car into their front porch. 2 feet to the left, and the porch column would have landed directly on me. Took out my driver's side mirror instead.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Share yours

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:19:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Been downrange of people shooting several times.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
woke up on the middle of the night once and had bad diahria.  almost missed the toilet by a split second
View Quote

Bahahahaha!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:25:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't like my kids being around moving vehicles.
View Quote

My wife lost a cousin that way.  I refuse to put the car in reverse if the kids are outside unless I can see them both in front of me.

Mine was last July.  Rafting the Snake River.  We stopped to do some cliff diving.  They threw me the rope but couldn't get me hauled in.  I took a mile ride through the rapids.  I was dumb and hadn't tightened my vest very well. I was pretty sure I was going to drown.  Every time I came up for air I caught another wave to the face.  I got smashed in to a huge boulder at one point.  As soon as the river calmed I used the last of my energy to swim/crawl to the bank. 5 minutes later the raft caught up with me.  My wife was pretty sure I'd be dead.  Apparently I was white as a sheet.  I inhaled a lot of water,  and was pretty beat up.  Shins were hamburger and a couple of broken toes.

I've rafted plenty of times before and even swam the rapids.  But this was different.  It still gives me panic attacks to think about it.  I've had plenty of close calls and throughout my life,  but this is the first time I actually thought I would die.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#12]
When I was a baby I had severe anemia. Hospital gave my mom some kinda iron supplements for me. They told her that even ONE DROP too much could kill me. She told me she was very careful to count every drop, every time. Lotta stress on a mom. I can't imagine such a scenario these days. Guess that was as close a call as I've got.

Of course there were a couple of times behind the wheel of an 84 Buick Grand National that still chill me a little.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:27:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Got a few.

Heres one: Some hood fired a few rounds from what appeared to be a MAC11 at me
from atop the Gratiot viaduct while I was walking through the Dequindre Cut on the East side of Detroit.

He couldn't shoot for shit, but the snapping and cracking of incoming rounds is
a bit unnerving. Specially when I didn't have my concealed back then and my
"cover" was a mangled 55 gallon drum and a bunch of garbage.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Coming home from my parents. Hitting an exchange in the highway. Idiot decides to come to a stop at the fork because he was in the wrong exit, then decided to shoot for the far right lane at the last second right in front of me. My dog was in the car, he definitely would have been ejected if I didn't swerve....

Other that that.... Work related.Got backed ovEr and drug through a parking lot by open car door during officer rescue drills
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:34:11 PM EDT
[#15]
At the range running a squad fir a carbine shoot and was hit in the leg by a piece of shrapnel from the next bay over and was leaking pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:38:23 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm twenty and we were walking along the river banks at night.  I'm a little out ahead without a light.  My buddy yells for me to stop.  There is a 60 foot drop near that I didn't know anything about.  I stop and wait.  Buddy shows up with light.  My next step would have been 60 feet of pain.

I don't walk to the mail box in the dark without a flashlight now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Cleaning up a relatives yard after a tornado, I had to climb about 10 feet up a tree to chainsaw the rest of the way through part of the trunk that was laying over and reaching to the ground. I was sitting in the "Y" where the trunk forked and reaching out sawing close to where it was split. When I got through the trunk the weight of it was supported by the branches that were touching the ground, and it fell back and knocked me out of the tree. Fell flat on my back in some brush about 2 feet from an old rusty barb wire fence post, with the chainsaw dangling in the tree above me. Almost impaled.  My mom was watching and was freaking the fuck out, she didn't want me in the tree in the first place. I just hopped up laughing about the whole thing, I have a sick sense of humor. Prior to this happening I told my dad that I thought we should cut the dangling branches first, but he was like "nah, the weight of the trunk will break them"

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I got  a paper cut wrapping Christmas presents in 1985. It bled just a little.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Many.

One that always makes me look back and cringe is the time I stuck my finger in the back of a running home well pump, and pulled it out as soon as I felt it to find blood leaking at a steady rate out of my finger

Got off lucky with that one and only a deep gash in the pad of the finger. Could have easily been worse.

ETA: Not the pump head side, but the motor side. The cover was off that end and my finger got caught by the edge of the nut on the end of it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:44:46 PM EDT
[#20]
When I was kid, I was in the car with my mom, coming home from the mall. We were sitting at a red light at the bottom of a hill, when a dump truck came barreling down the hill at a pretty good clip, passed us close on the right and went right through the red light.

Don't know if his brakes failed, or if he just wasn't paying attention... I just remember him being pretty damn close to us as he passed.

But, as I said in the other thread, a miss is as good as a mile.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#21]
I've posted this before but this was probably the closest. I had just dropped my 3 year old at home and went for a drive. Throttle stuck and like a dipshit I blipped the gas to the floor to free it up and it stuck there at WOT. Spun the car and hit a tree and got knocked out. Came to and the car was doing about 60 and hit a pole in front. The car had a 460 in it and had a shit ton of power.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:46:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Was sitting at an intersection waiting for the light to turn green.  Major intersection and the light turned green something inside my head said wait an extra second.  Sure enough a dump truck fully loaded blows thru the intersection at 50 mph without even hitting the brakes.  Was in a daze for the rest of the day.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Almost choked out on a piece of candy when I was a kid. Dad was not suppose to be home for hours but came home early to find me almost passed out.

Almost drowned when a raft tipped over on me and I went down

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:56:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Another one:

I fell down a 2 story pitch black elevator shaft in an abandoned motel thinking it was the adjacent staircase.

Smacked my dome on some piece of metal on the way down which left a huge gash and a dent leading me to believe I
fractured my skull and would die down there.

My right hip took the majority of the rest of the impact, which happened to be where my Sig P226 resides.

Could not climb back up for shit so I decided to make peace, while I faded in and out.

When I started thinking straight and my night vision in that pitch black hole adjusted, I noticed the 1st floor entrance was blocked
with plywood and I was able to kick it down with a later to be discovered broken knee. I somehow managed to get in my car and drive home
a half hour, where my girl let me in and I just wanted to lay on the couch for a moment. Couldn't move at all when the Amberlamps arrived and
the pain REALLY set in.

Found out I fractured my back: L1-L4, 3 ribs, my right hip, my left knee, right elbow, forearm and wrist and needed a crap load of staples in my head.

Took a half year of bed rest and a few months of therapy to be able to walk again.
Back will never be the same.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#25]
on a weekend around 2 am it was  clear night, I was on my gsxr 750 stopped at the end of a road I was going to turn onto. after the on coming car went by I started to take off and then i hear the loudest tire squealing (brakes locked up) coming up from behind me and before I could really get out of the way the car passes me on the right. Thank the Lord I didn't get rear ended.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Got off work and had to pick up my girlfriend (from her work).  I have a few hours to kill, so I decide to visit a friend who lived in a really bad neighborhood that I used to live in.  We're drinking and having fun until I need to go.  I walk out into the parking lot and there are 3 people next to my parked truck.  One chick on the trunk of a mid 80's lincoln and two dudes right in front of her.  I give the obligatory nod, and try to pass to get to my door.
"Hey man, whatcha lookin' fo?
"nuthin."
"Say foo, whut up?"
"uh....nuthin"
This goes on for probably about 20 seconds and it's starting to get irritating.  Somewhere hidden in the ghetto lingo, I'm pretty sure I start to get threatened.
"FUCK YOU, BITCH"  my words.
Dude backs up and his homey gets in my face.  
"I ain't gonna let you talk to my nigga' like that"
I instantly shove him away from me, and start mouthing off some "fuck you too, mf'er." or some suck drunken verbal abuse.  During all this, my friend whose apartment I'd just left, heard the commotion and came out to see what's up.  He saw the writing on the wall, ran over to me, and started pulling me back towards his place (he's really ghetto, big ass ex con type).  
The first dude comes BACK and starts with this wannabe boxer, dancing, shadow punching bullshit.  I love it.  I convince my buddy to let me go and I rush the dude.  Right when I get in range, I immediately duck.  Sure enough, that left jab goes right over the top of my head and I grab this dude by the waist.  

Now slow motion...........the king of all.....no that's not right.  The Mother of all body slams is juuuuuuussssst starting when this epic Booom! Blows right into my ears.  I didn't see the right coming from behind the waistband.

I roll off before I've even got him off the ground.  Hit the ground, do a semi roll and then rest on my back.  

"That's what you get white boy!  That's what you fucking get!!"

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Part 2

Fuck,  I'm shot.  I don't know where.  The smell of gunpowder so strong, that I have nothing else to compare it to.  I've been shooting all my life and have never smelled powder so damn strong.  First thing....close my eyes and say a quick prayer.  Open them up and start......building up courage.  Courage to wiggle my toes to make sure they still work.  They do.  Panic starts to set in.  I start to feel my body "wig out"  and I force myself to breath long slow deep breaths.  The panic subsides.  The locals all come out and start conversing.  
My friend appears on top of me and the only thing I can think of is to hold his hand.  No shit.  That's all I wanted.  More than anything in the world.  I never would have guessed it, but my worst fear was checking out all alone at that. last. moment.  He has me roll over just a bit and the gasp from the crowd confirms that it's bad.  

Ambulance ride is fucking awful.  I get taken to some hospital on Greenville Avenue (Dallas).  They won't admit me even though they were only a few minutes away.  Fire up the truck and were on our way to Parkland.  Fuck, it hurt so bad....every bump was shear agony.
We get to Parkland and they're waiting on me.  Get rushed into E.R., and they're rotating me over, putting some kind of plates underneath me.  Xrays????  Doc comes in and looks me over........suddenly the room empties.  Everyone walks out.  WTF?  I'm really suckin' right now!!!!!    The door opens and in walks a priest.  I fucking shit you not.  He comes over to the side of the bed places his hand on me, asks if there's anything I want to say, confess, or some such question.  In my strongest voice I can muster, I tell him "no, I'm just fine.  Thank you"

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:31:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Part 3

After action report.  That loud ass bang I heard?  It wasn't one shot, it was two.  I was hit once in the base of the neck and once in between my neck and shoulder (trap area).   Neck shot hits my c5 vertebra and ricochets off to the right side underneath the skin.  Trap shot goes directly aross my back underneath the skin, as well.  After that, the actual wound path for each round is pretty fuzzy.  I suffered a cracked vertebra, two broken ribs, broken shoulder blade, and a collapsed lung.  One round exited my back, the other stopped about 4 inches away from that just underneath the skin.  

Couple weeks later, I had my aunt open up the bulge and pull that round out.  My old man sent it to a jeweler and had it mounted on a necklace.  I have it to this day.   40 caliber.
To top it all off, a few weeks later I went to the police station to see if there was any progress on the "case".  They call out the investigating officer, and he was a complete and total fucking asshole.    I was dumbstruck.  Here I was, lucky to be alive, and this guy is just mouthing off to me nonstop.  I've never called the cops since that episode, been about 15 years.  I'd rather just deal with it, than call some asshole over just to treat me like shit.

Sorry for the long post.  I was reliving the moment while typing........
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Common theme in this thread, I drown when I was a kid.

I was about 2 and decided to go swimming alone.  Sometime later my oldest sister came out to find me floating face down.  My dad was running a chainsaw at a neighbor's house about half a mile away, somehow she got to him, he got to me, and did what he calls 'his version of CPR'- grabbed me by the ankles and beat me until I quit being dead.  Hey, it worked.

When I was in 11th grade I had a runaway horse.  When we got to a ditch at the end of the field I put everything I had into turning her left away from the road, but she turned right anyway.  The saddle slid sideways and went underneath, and I ended up sliding around front hanging onto her neck, and she tripped on my legs.  Her full weight came down directly on my abdomen.  I saw it coming and did the hardest crunch of my life, and survived the hit (wish I had those abs now!)  I stood up and went to lead her home, and nearly blacked out, I lost my vision completely.  It was the weirdest feeling walking beside the road leading a horse, knowing there's a mailbox somewhere ahead of you and not being able to see it to avoid it.  I was lucky though, a foot higher and she'd have wiped out my ribcage.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:55:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Up at a buddy's cabin, I go to take his jetski out and ask whats on the other end of the lake, are there any sandbars or anything to worry about? He tells me "no, you can ride anywhere". I take off at 65 to the other end of the lake when I notice a seagull standing ON the water. It suddenly hits me that the seagull is standing on a barely submerged rock. I look ahead and see a rock sticking out of the water so I release the throttle and stop before I hit it. Once stopped I start looking around and see submerged rocks all around me, somehow I didn't hit anything in the 50 yards or so that I made it through them. I slowly navigate around the rocks and back into open water and back to the cabin. When I got back and told the story my buddy goes "oh yea I've never been to that end of the lake"

Same buddy, we're riding down a hill on bikes parallel to a busy road and we need to cross the road, I didn't want to slow down or stop to cross so I call back to my buddy asking if there are cars coming, he yells "no". I start turning but get a funny feeling and glance just in time to see a car coming. I lock up the brakes and the car lays on the horn as it speeds by. I ask my buddy why he said there weren't any cars he says "oh, I didn't know what you said"
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:06:24 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Part 3

After action report.  That loud ass bang I heard?  It wasn't one shot, it was two.  I was hit once in the base of the neck and once in between my neck and shoulder (trap area).   Neck shot hits my c5 vertebra and ricochets off to the right side underneath the skin.  Trap shot goes directly aross my back underneath the skin, as well.  After that, the actual wound path for each round is pretty fuzzy.  I suffered a cracked vertebra, two broken ribs, broken shoulder blade, and a collapsed lung.  One round exited my back, the other stopped about 4 inches away from that just underneath the skin.  
Couple weeks later, I had my aunt open up the bulge and pull that round out.  My old man sent it to a jeweler and had it mounted on a necklace.  I have it to this day.   40 caliber.

To top it all off, a few weeks later I went to the police station to see if there was any progress on the "case".  They call out the investigating officer, and he was a complete and total fucking asshole.    I was dumbstruck.  Here I was, lucky to be alive, and this guy is just mouthing off to me nonstop.  I've never called the cops since that episode, been about 15 years.  I'd rather just deal with it, than call some asshole over just to treat me like shit.

View Quote
Sounds like a good shoot.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:13:56 AM EDT
[#33]
I was drunk in the backseat of an early 2000's Mitsubishi Eclipse and the driver (sober) lost control of the car during a bad rainstorm on the highway. He tried to counter steer but it just put us in the ditch at 75mph. We went airborne and rolled 3.5 times (landed on the roof in a rain filled ditch). I didn't have a seat belt on, but at the last moment I wrapped both arms and death gripped around the guy in front of me (he didn't have his belt on either) and tried on hang on as hard as I could. Half way through it I flew off and dented the windshield with the top of my head and blew the sunroof out with my back. We all crawled out alive with cuts and bruises. No airbags deployed. I really think grabbing around the guy in front of me might have saved both our lives. Who knows.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:16:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Was sitting at an intersection waiting for the light to turn green.  Major intersection and the light turned green something inside my head said wait an extra second.  Sure enough a dump truck fully loaded blows thru the intersection at 50 mph without even hitting the brakes.  Was in a daze for the rest of the day.
View Quote

Similar here, light goes green and everything looks good as I start to go and something (can't remember what honestly) made me look left again, this time I see a pickup around the size of an F-350 blowing thru. ended up missing my front fender by a few inches. If I hadn't looked a second time He woulda hit me square on the drivers side at around 40mph.

my little VW hatchback is heavy and sturdy for its size and class, but that truck would have annihilated me and my car.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:30:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Got hit in the face with an old school horse shoe during a family get together when I was like 5.
Here is the ms paint(I was out cold and got alot of stitches):
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:45:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Tried to save my cousin from drowning when we were 5 years old. He returned the favor by climbing on top of my head.

Luckily, my uncle (his Dad) saw us at the last second and swam out to drag us in.

Last thing I remember is looking up and seeing a salamander calmly and gracefully swimming past about 3 feet over my head.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:01:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Got hit in the face with an old school horse shoe during a family get together when I was like 5.

Here is the ms paint(I was out cold and got alot of stitches):

http://i61.tinypic.com/2367w5.jpg
View Quote
i love arts and craft

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:04:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Was out shooting on some public lands outside of city limits down here in FL.  Normally no issue with LE out there, they'll usually stop by and say hello, sometimes check out your guns and admire the cool shit.

So, I go out there one day with a friend.  When we get out there, there's a couple guys trying out their new AR with a slidefire stock.  About 10 minutes go by and we notice a local SO car driving down the single dirt road out to this shooting spot.  As customary, we toss our rifles in the bed of the truck so nobody gets jumpy when they get down there.

So, we see them stop behind a line of bushes, then nothing.  A few minutes go by and out of nowhere we hear a yell back by the bushes to "GET YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!"  Turn around and see two deputies, one with a Remington 870 and the other with an AR pointed at us.

Knowing the drill, they instruct to move away from the vehicles, blah, blah.  Me and my buddy identify ourselves as AD .mil from the nearby base in hopes of calming their concerns a little bit.  So the deputy with the 870 instructs my buddy to step forward so he can do a quick pat down while the other deputy provides cover.  He does so, pat down complete and he tells him to step to the side.

He then instructs me to step forward.  I do and he moves behind me to conduct a pat down.  He begins and realizes his 870 in his hand is slowing him down, so he slings it across his back with the muzzle down.  As he moves forward to restart the pat down all I hear is "BAM!" and then some ringing in my ears.  I look down and there's a hole in the mud two inches from my right foot from a 12 gauge slug.  Idiot had chambered a round and neglected to engage the safety before slinging it over his back.  

The shotgun had kicked up and the stock cut the back of his head pretty good though.  

A sergeant and his LT ended up coming out and interviewing us, turns out he is a perpetual fuck up.  Found out they had gone out there because some do-gooder had called in a report of someone firing an automatic weapon.  

AFAIK deputy retard is still stuck in an admin position 3 years later.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:14:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:17:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:22:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:39:31 AM EDT
[#42]
two that I know of(first one as told to me by my mom as I was obviously too young to remember).

#1- i was a large baby(over 9lbs back when 8lb'er were considered big), but not the first baby my mom had. when my sister came before me, she broke my mom's tailbone. unbeknownst to my mom, when her tailbone re-fused, it was curved inward. when it came time for me to be born, i almost wasn't. apparently the position my mom's tailbone fused in after my sister, coupled w/my largess prevented my exodus from the womb. have i mentioned that i was also laying on the imbilical cord and preventing it from sustaining me during said time? anyway, long story short, at the very last second, i managed to pop out(although my mom tells me i looked a bit worse for wear due to almost dying and what not).

#2- i was probably somewhere around 11yrs old. i was at a waterpark. i went on one of those "lazy river" things that kind of circle the park w/a constant current. i was on my back and had a life jacket under me and was just cruising along enjoying the water. to this day, i don't really know how it happened, but as I'm floating along, i somehow find myself under a cluster of tubes and under water. i remember shucking the life jacket and trying to swim under/away from the tubes, but the constant current kept me trapped under them. i remember thinking i was going to die. i also remember my vision starting to get dimmer. then,  i either popped out or was pulled up. all i know is i went from seeing black to gasping for air and was back above water. i must have looked like shit, because the next lifeguard i came to pulled me out of the water and laid me on the ground until i recovered enough to get up and walk under my own power.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 4:01:32 AM EDT
[#43]
I got ran over by the mailman when I was 6. I still have a knot on the back of my head where it bounced off of the pavement. It was my fault. I ran in front of the mail jeep.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 9:59:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wow, that's weird. What is it with dump trucks?

Quoted:
When I was kid, I was in the car with my mom, coming home from the mall. We were sitting at a red light at the bottom of a hill, when a dump truck came barreling down the hill at a pretty good clip, passed us close on the right and went right through the red light.

Don't know if his brakes failed, or if he just wasn't paying attention... I just remember him being pretty damn close to us as he passed.

But, as I said in the other thread, a miss is as good as a mile.

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Join date, post count, got a link? That has to be in the news.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Part 3

Join date, post count, got a link? That has to be in the news.

Nope.  This happened in 1999 or 2000.  Dallas Tx.  7152 Fair Oaks. They were called The Lofts" apartments back then.  Just looked it up on Google earth.  Bad area, lots of dope around.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Part 3

Don't know how you came to that conclusion, but ok.  Hope you don't ever have to experience that bro......
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 11:55:04 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Don't know how you came to that conclusion, but ok.  Hope you don't ever have to experience that bro......

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Part 3

You admitted to being drunk and rushing the guy to fight him, which cause him to shoot you. I really don't know why you were expecting the police to investigate it for you.

"The first dude comes BACK and starts with this wannabe boxer, dancing,
shadow punching bullshit.  I love it.  I convince my buddy to let me go
and I rush the dude.
 Right when I get in range, I immediately duck.  
Sure enough, that left jab goes right over the top of my head and I grab
this dude by the waist.  

Now slow motion...........the king of all.....no that's not right.  
The Mother of all body slams is juuuuuuussssst starting when this epic
Booom! Blows right into my ears.  I didn't see the right coming from
behind the waistband.
"

Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#48]

Maybe you didn't read the whole thing, or maybe I didn't illustrate it correctly.  I'll summarize.  I leave my friends house.  2 dudes try to sell me dope.  I decline.  They get mad and one gets in my face.  Friend tries to diffuse situation, pulls me towards apartment.  Thug #1 tries to come at me while I'm headed towards apartment.  Friend lets me go.  I get shot.  

Somehow this is all my fault??  Ok.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#49]
hit by a truck on my bicycle when I was a kid.  tire of the truck was on my rear wheel when we finally came to a stop from sliding.

fell backwards off a tractor and nailed my back with the arm of the 3 point hitch.  tool box on the fender caught my foot.

slid off a tractor and turned the wheel as I did so.  tractor goes with gravity and runs my arm over on the ground.  goes over the hill and smashed the front end up against a tree. Just pushed my arm into the mud and didn't break it but it sure felt like it was, the bruise was good, but telling my dad while he was Away at work was priceless.  

drive chain breaks on my dads cane press and nails me HARD in the shoulder.  that could have been bad if I wasn't as tall as I am.  

If you want to be safe, don't grow up on a farm.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Was changing the clutch on an Audi 4000 csq.   I suddenly  heard loud creaking and popping.  Slid out from under the vehicle at lightspeed and the car came crashing down off the jackstands about 5 seconds later.  Jackstand had gone clear through the jack point.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top