Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/7/2015 1:16:40 PM EDT

He bought the place as a newlywed with his late wife, and says he'll "live and die in this house," according to Cleveland.com.
But over the past year, Clemens has been living a "nightmare" he can't
wake up from: Almost every night, his home is pelted with eggs.

Hundreds of eggs.

View Quote

Several times a week, the 85-year-old and his live-in son and
daughter wake up to eggs smashing against the aluminum front door. Even
with the help of police, the family haven't been able to identify the
culprits, who may be launching the eggs from a block or two away.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/06/home-egged-every-day-albert-clemens_n_6814876.html?ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I see an old man that desperately needs to order something from CMP.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#2]
This

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Police don't care and are refusing to do their job.  Eggs ruin paint.  I think some towns in Texas will fine up to 1k an egg.  Teach the kids to respect the law - instead teaching them it does not apply to them.

It is what is wrong with America.  We teach kids people the law does not matter, raising a generation of criminals.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Police don't care and are refusing to do their job.  Eggs ruin paint.  I think some towns in Texas will fine up to 1k an egg.  Teach the kids to respect the law - instead teaching them it does not apply to them.

It is what is wrong with America.  We teach kids people the law does not matter, raising a generation of criminals.  
View Quote

I bet it's an adult. Someone in their 20's or 30's.

A teenager would have gotten bored a long time ago.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:35:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Call in counter battery fire.

It's not like they can't figure the trajectory and vector.
View Quote

google earth view of his house you can see a few good firing areas in his neighbors back yards...

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Should easy enough to narrow down a time slot, and at that point should be easy to stake out and see what's up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's my guess, now lets shorten the list to who the old man has pissed off..then narrow it to the passive agressive ones...
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Not rocket science, limited area to fire from, should be easy to ID them.

Someone needs to have some fun with the assholes when they're caught.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#10]
There is more to this story. People don't wind up on the receiving end of that kind of dedicated wrath for no reason.

eta: And are they dropping the eggs from a freaking plane???
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:42:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Seriously, a year?  Is it too much trouble to stay awake 1 night to see who's doing it since it supposedly happens every night?  I can seriously just picture this old man sitting in his chair with every intention of trying to do that, then slowly nodding off, only to wake up the next day with his house once again covered in eggs.  "Dag nabbit, not again!"
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Your blind hatred of LE is showing.

Police have been exhausting their efforts, too. They've reportedly staked out the property, canvassed the neighborhood and even tested the eggs to determine their origin. They're also offering a $1,000 reward for a solid lead and say that the damage to the home makes this crime a felony.

"We're not going to let it go," Euclid Police Lt. Mitch Houser told Cleveland.com. "We'll continue to put effort into it until we figure something out."

Anyone with info on the eggings can call Euclid Police at (216) 731-1234.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Police have been exhausting their efforts, too. They've reportedly staked out the property, canvassed the neighborhood and even tested the eggs to determine their origin. They're also offering a $1,000 reward for a solid lead and say that the damage to the home makes this crime a felony.

"We're not going to let it go," Euclid Police Lt. Mitch Houser told Cleveland.com. "We'll continue to put effort into it until we figure something out."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just took a big runny shit right on his head.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

There is more to this story. People don't wind up on the receiving end of that kind of dedicated wrath for no reason.

View Quote
That's what I was thinking.  He seriously pissed of someone.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LoL, no.  They aren't trying very hard at all.    
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If he is closer I would offer my services. I bet they are using a water balloon sling shot.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Lazy cops
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

that's my guess, now lets shorten the list to who the old man has pissed off..then narrow it to the passive agressive ones...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly, the person must be a psycho to keep it up for a year.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#19]
He pissed someone off.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Even with the help of police, the family haven't been able to identify the culprits, who may be launching the eggs from a block or two away.
View Quote

Two blocks? Any major league outfielders in the hood? Only ones with the arm. And the checkbook. This has to have run into big bucks over the years.

eta: or an egg cannon!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Nvm dbl tp
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Keystone cops
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, by pointing out the cops are incompetent and lazy, rather than just apathetic.   .       Mousehunter really has egg on his face now!
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#24]
This is why pissing off the neighbors should be avoided wherever possible.

Also in before they discover its a drone.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:00:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Seriously, a year?  Is it too much trouble to stay awake 1 night to see who's doing it since it supposedly happens every night?  I can seriously just picture this old man sitting in his chair with every intention of trying to do that, then slowly nodding off, only to wake up the next day with his house once again covered in eggs.  "Dag nabbit, not again!"
View Quote

Cameras are probably the solution.  See what direction(s) they're coming from.   If from one spot it should be fairly easy to pin down.  If it moves, then someone in the neighborhood should be able to see them moving.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:00:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
If he is closer I would offer my services. I bet they are using a water balloon sling shot.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good call. A person could get some crazy distance with those things.

eta:

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#27]
You have to crack a few eggs to make an omlette.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like a PVS14 mission to me.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Id make a fake door out of foam, or find a way to keep the eggs from shattering.. Free eggs .... That or buy a trail cam... how hard is that?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

Would think someone could setup an IP video camera or game camera

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

eta:

http://youtu.be/qauTPWuCj9Q
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

eta:

I have one of those and you can get some crazy distance with it. Only problem is that you will have some fliers also. You sacrifice some accuracy for distance.

Unless the neighboring houses are getting an occasional hit, I'm guessing that they are fairly close.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:14:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Lazy cops
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:15:42 PM EDT
[#33]
In for Paul Harvey.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Old man is probably the town asshole. That is why the cops are doing the bare minimum and no one else gives a shit.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Id start by looking at 21040 Westport Ave.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I have one of those and you can get some crazy distance with it. Only problem is that you will have some fliers also. You sacrifice some accuracy for distance.

Unless the neighboring houses are getting an occasional hit, I'm guessing that they are fairly close.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

eta:

Here, I'll help. From the article...
The house has been pelted with eggs several times a week -- sometimes more than once a day -- for the past year. The attacks always happen after dark and last around 10 minutes each.

The family has been awoken as late as 2 a.m. by what sounds like the crack of a gunshot against the aluminum siding or front door. Clemens and police believe the eggs are being launched from a block or two away.

The siding on the front of Clemens' home is destroyed, splattered with dried egg residue that stripped off the paint. Other than a few rogue eggs that hit nearby homes, no other neighbors have been targeted.

Egg cannon is the likely culprit. These eggs aren't hand thrown or dropped (from a drone), sounds like they are launched with some pretty good force and velocity, if they sound like the crack of gunshots hitting the door.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Old man is probably the town asshole. That is why the cops are doing the bare minimum and no one else gives a shit.
View Quote

I'm guessing there are people who live around you that find some of your ideas abhorrent.

Should your property be vandalized on a daily basis?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#38]
After the second night, I would have been taking a week of leave from work, and the world would have stopped spinning until I figured out who was doing it.

Story seems odd.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will crack this case wide open sooner or later.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:46:25 PM EDT
[#40]
If its some large sling shot like thing it would seem the aluminum door would be dented to shit or destroyed by now

from eggs, fruit and canned goods... no windows hit yet?

If this is from far away they must have him pretty dialed in no? maybe even a stationary launch/firing mechanism?

It seems to me though that if it came from far away there would be more damage than just a mess.
Someone is investing a lot of time into vandalizing this old mans house.
eta- almost every night? seriously? almost 365 days in a row? or this is a real exaggeration?

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Return fire.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#42]
well, shoot back already..
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:55:35 PM EDT
[#43]
2 words.... Game Cam
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:57:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Never piss off Amish farmers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:57:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like the cops have a lot of egg on their face.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm guessing there are people who live around you that find some of your ideas abhorrent.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe it should if I'm a big enough fucking asshole to people. Of course, this old man could be just an innocent victim of ruthless teenage pranks. The local police could be indifferent or even somewhat inept at determining who is throwing the eggs. The egg chuckers could be criminal masterminds adept at evading capture and delivering to the old man his karmic just desserts.

The truth is we don't know why the guy is being targeted, but this is GD so we're going to speculate and make jokes and have some fun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#47]
From a block, or two, away, eh?  Needs more mortar and counter-battery.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, they are really scrambling to get a handle on it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:03:21 PM EDT
[#49]
says the attacks last about 10 minutes each time???

plenty of time to sneak out the back door..... and walk around with a paintball gun loaded with frozen paintballs....... listen for the snickering / giggling coming from a backyard....and open up on them. a few dozen golf ball sized bruses will make them find something else to do for fun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Back in the mid 80's when I was a little fuck in High School we would get our rocks off by purchasing sometimes 15 dozen eggs and going out on a spree. I could easily pelt a pedestrian from a moving vehicle from up to 50 feet away. Now that I own my own house and I'm in my mid 40's I'd kill the little bastards but I'm slightly grinning now reliving the memories. There is something special about the sound of a volley of eggs hitting someone at a high velocity.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top