Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2015 10:41:44 PM EDT
Brian and Valerie Wilson “really want a family.” They applied to become foster parents, but were ultimately rejected by the Nevada Department of Child and Family Services. The reason behind their rejection has left the parents “heartbroken.”

Due to a regulation that requires that prospective foster parents store guns and ammunition in separate and secure containers, the Wilsons were deemed unfit to become foster parents because they legally carry concealed firearms.

Now, the Nevada Legislature is considering a new bill that would allow them to carry their firearms and still serve as foster parents.

“I am really heartbroken that the Department of Child and Family Services gave us this denial letter,” Valerie Wilson told lawmakers at a committee hearing on Wednesday.

The Review Journal has more information about the proposed bill:

The bill would allow Nevadans with concealed-weapons permits, and law enforcement officers, to carry loaded weapons on their person in a home or car and still be eligible to be foster parents. If not carried on their person, the weapons would be required to be kept in a secure safe, but they could remain loaded.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/03/06/heartbroken-couple-told-they-cant-be-foster-parents-gun-advocates-will-be-irate-when-they-learn-why/
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:42:56 PM EDT
[#1]
So cops cannot be foster parents?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
How did the foster care service become aware of the fact that they are CCW holders? Concealed means concealed and all that?
Regardless, I think this should be a fairly simple lawsuit to win.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I know in Texas cops can be.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Why do they need a new bill? Seems it would be easier for the lawmakers to tell the fucktards at DPS to change their arbitrary, fucked up rule.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#5]
In Arkansas the guns and ammo have to be stored separate and locked up. I asked a my CCW and they frowned on it but stopped short of telling me that I couldn't carry.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:56:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why do they need a new bill? Seems it would be easier for the lawmakers to tell the fucktards at DPS to change their arbitrary, fucked up rule.
View Quote

This, is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 11:22:13 PM EDT
[#7]
If those dirty little foster brats act up, you gotta be ready to take em out!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top