Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2015 7:15:52 PM EDT
http://www.wsmv.com/story/28284053/metro-police-lieutenant-decommissioned-for-kicking-officer?clienttype=generic&smartdevicecgbypass

A Metro police lieutenant has been decommissioned for allegedly kicking a sergeant under his command during a heated argument.

Police said Lt. Wayne Skinner, 55, and Sgt. David Humes, 50, were discussing rifles and Second Amendment issues Friday morning at the North Precinct's administrative offices.
View Quote

No word on the positions each officer held.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
DUPE

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1725499_2_police_get_in_fight_over_2nd_ammendment.html
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#2]
...I just read that somewhere...
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

At least my link works.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
DUPE

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1725499_2_police_get_in_fight_over_2nd_ammendment.html
View Quote

Yeah but this OP's link works so I make a motion that this thread become the official thread and the other gets closed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a motion too....a lot different than the proposed one though  
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably the fight was over "which is better the AK or AR?"
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Probably the fight was over "which is better the AK or AR?"
View Quote

LT kicked other guy in the balls when he said a shotgun is better for HD then an AR.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
At least my link works.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

At least my link works.
...So ya got that goin' for you.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:42:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
http://www.wsmv.com/story/28284053/metro-police-lieutenant-decommissioned-for-kicking-officer?clienttype=generic&smartdevicecgbypass

A Metro police lieutenant has been decommissioned for allegedly kicking a sergeant under his command during a heated argument.

Police said Lt. Wayne Skinner, 55, and Sgt. David Humes, 50, were discussing rifles and Second Amendment issues Friday morning at the North Precinct's administrative offices.
View Quote

No word on the positions each officer held.

View Quote

Metro police lieutenant decommissioned for kicking officer
Posted: Mar 06, 2015 4:40 PM CST Updated: Mar 06, 2015 4:57 PM CST
Reported by Julia Bruck
Connect

Lt. Wayne Skinner (Source: Metro Nashville Police Department) Lt. Wayne Skinner (Source: Metro Nashville Police Department)

Sgt. David Humes (Source: Metro Nashville Police Department) Sgt. David Humes (Source: Metro Nashville Police Department)
NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

During the discussion, police said Skinner kicked Humes in the chest and groin area. Humes was taken by another officer to a nearby hospital where he was checked out and released.

Skinner is now the subject of a criminal assault investigation and an administrative investigation by the Office of Professional Accountability for violation of Metro police rules and regulations.

Skinner has been placed on administrative assignment away from the North Precinct.

Skinner is a 13-year veteran of the department, while Humes is an 18-year veteran.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#10]
The Lt is a 13 year veteran of the department, and the Sgt is an 18 year veteran of the department.  They were discussing rifles and 2nd amendment issues...

Given that the Lt rose higher in less time, he's probably in full agreement with the local politicians' stand on the 2nd amendment (that it should be ignored).

My wild guess is that the subject of Obama's ammo banning came up, and the Lt started claiming that there was no justification for civilians to have assault rifles and armor piercing ammo, and the Sgt tried to educate him, resulting in the swift kick to the Sgt's groin and chest.

Anti's don't like it when you start using facts.  Toss "respect my authority" into the mix, and things get messy.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:55:23 PM EDT
[#11]
So I assume assault charges are pending?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:03:26 PM EDT
[#12]
9mm or .45? good thing it wasn't Beans or no-beans, would have been worse
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Knowing coppers the way I do...

Pussy was the root of this
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Aimpoint > EOTech
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Clearly a .223 as a viable deer hunting round argument.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Lt is a 13 year veteran of the department, and the Sgt is an 18 year veteran of the department.  They were discussing rifles and 2nd amendment issues...

Given that the Lt rose higher in less time, he's probably in full agreement with the local politicians' stand on the 2nd amendment (that it should be ignored).

My wild guess is that the subject of Obama's ammo banning came up, and the Lt started claiming that there was no justification for civilians to have assault rifles and armor piercing ammo, and the Sgt tried to educate him, resulting in the swift kick to the Sgt's groin and chest.

Anti's don't like it when you start using facts.  Toss "respect my authority" into the mix, and things get messy.
View Quote

you assume they hired at the same position. LT could have hired in as a SGT from a different department.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm having some kind of       Déjà vu  myself....                  
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm not saying shit, until I know which guy to root for.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Knowing coppers the way I do...

Pussy was the root of this
View Quote

First thing I thought too . Ive seen it too many times.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#21]
The line it has been crossed.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

you assume they hired at the same position. LT could have hired in as a SGT from a different department.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Possible.  But being pro-2nd amendment seems likely to be viewed as a strong negative, at promotion time in metro PD.  

This is a police department with a history of police chiefs going to the state legislature to explain (and lie through their teeth) why pro-gun legislation will do nothing but create serious problems for metro PD.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#23]
who the fuck comes out of the gate with a kick. unless you're anderson silva or something that shit is kinda weird
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I'm not saying shit, until I know which guy to root for.
View Quote

Ditto for me as well.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top