Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/6/2015 6:55:43 PM EDT
My wife likes to watch the bridal dress shows and I swear, almost every woman wants to be or look like a princess???

You are not special, and you don't just deserve something, so I just don't get it.  NOT ragging on women, I just don't understand, and it sounds kind of stupid to listen to.  

Is there a reason?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:00:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Disney's Fault
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Their fiances are putting them on a pedestal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Because that's how they should be treated
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:01:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's just a fantasy.

Different from a guys fantasy.
View Quote

This. Like our fantasy to build ammo forts.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I want them to look like a fairy tale princess too.

I guess I'm just not into fat, ugly chicks. meh.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I pretend to be Mario andretti almost every morning.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#8]
lol!  Same reason arfcommers like to dress like GI Joe
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Disney's Fault
View Quote

I'm not sure.  Seems to me like a fantasy that many girls/women have had since long before Disney was around.  Probably as natural as a boy dreaming about cowboys and Indians or playing soldier.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:04:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

you's be trollin'
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#12]
stupid women and their fixation with princesses.

crom says they should be more like us.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#13]
If I ever have a daughter I'm going to buy her Legos and model rockets instead of barbies.  We buy girls a bunch of toys that give them unrealistic expectations of their own bodies and life, then wonder why they need Prozac and watch Housewives all day.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/356/1/e/fat_princess_5_by_insane_pencil-d5otqpr.jpg

Would eat.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#15]
OK, so what should they want to look like at their weddings?  Truck drivers?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:27:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Heavy6.jpg
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
lol!  Same reason arfcommers like to dress like GI Joe
View Quote

Ouch.  The truth is gonna hurt some folks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's just a fantasy.

View Quote

Exactly. And why shouldn't a woman feel special on her wedding day? Would it be better for her to be miserable on the day she commits herself to her husband before God and her family?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Simply being born with a vagina as more than 50% of the population has does not cut it. It should be earned on individual merit .
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Exactly. And why shouldn't a woman feel special on her wedding day? Would it be better for her to be miserable on the day she commits herself to her husband before God and her family?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's just a fantasy.

It creates false expectations.

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Their fiances are putting them on a pedestal.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I'm not sure.  Seems to me like a fantasy that many girls/women have had since long before Disney was around.  Probably as natural as a boy dreaming about cowboys and Indians or playing soldier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Disney's Fault

Yep, perfectly normal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:44:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If I ever have a daughter I'm going to buy her Legos and model rockets instead of barbies.  We buy girls a bunch of toys that give them unrealistic expectations of their own bodies and life, then wonder why they need Prozac and watch Housewives all day.
View Quote

I know man, I was so depressed because every fucking day I'd come home from school, and what was on TV? He-Man, Masters Of The Universe. I was extremely skinny and here's this guy who has muscles on top of his huge muscles, all my friends had those toys and it just gave me unrealistic expectations about how my body was supposed to look like. I couldn't understand why I didn't look like the He-Man action figure. Hell, even the Skeletor action figure was ripped. A fuckin' SKELETON had more muscles than I did!

I sank into a deep depression, turned to drugs, and tried to kill myself twice. I finally got therapy and was able to get past the unrealistic expectations that HeMan and Skeletor put on my young, developing mind.

Oh wait, no that didn't happen. Because I knew they were just fucking toys.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:45:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not sure if serious...

If you are serious, here's a news flash..... Girls like to play with barbies and dress up as princess', boys like to run around and pretend to shoot things. Yes, there are exceptions but this is the norm.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's just a fantasy.

Wearing a pretty dress on a very special day creates false expectations? Should she wear a feed sack instead? Or perhaps some sloppy, grubby sweats?

People traditionally dress up for weddings. Men wear tuxedos. Women wear pretty dresses. Guests typically dress nicely. It's not like she's running around wearing princess dresses every single day or demanding to be called "your highness."
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I know man, I was so depressed because every fucking day I'd come home from school, and what was on TV? He-Man, Masters Of The Universe. I was extremely skinny and here's this guy who has muscles on top of his huge muscles, all my friends had those toys and it just gave me unrealistic expectations about how my body was supposed to look like. I couldn't understand why I didn't look like the He-Man action figure. Hell, even the Skeletor action figure was ripped. A fuckin' SKELETON had more muscles than I did!

I sank into a deep depression, turned to drugs, and tried to kill myself twice. I finally got therapy and was able to get past the unrealistic expectations that HeMan and Skeletor put on my young, developing mind.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad I kept reading, you had me worried for a minute
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#27]
After my now ex wife cheated on me, I was an idiot and dragged things out for about 2 months trying to see if there was something to be salvaged. It was obvious to everyone that something was really messed up, but I'm a pretty quiet person and keep my roubles to myself mostly. I had told no one what happened, and I had no plans to.

Well we were over at my mom's house, and it was driving her nuts that she didn't know what was going on. To be honest, I was being a real asshole to my then-wife, and Mom was fuming about it. Eventually she took us both aside and said "Dbrad197, I don't know what's going on, but I can tell you how to start fixing it. Every girl needs to be treated like a princess. You aren't treating her like a princess, and you need to be."

The smug look on my ex wife's face made me furious. So I responded casually.."fuckin bitch cheated on me, so fuck her. Maybe whatever dudes dick she is sucking this week can treat her like a princess."

Wish I had a mic so I could have dropped it as I turned around and left them on the porch. In retrospect I seriously regret using that language in front of my mom.

Anywho, back on topic....OP, men have fantasies about threesomes and war and exploring shit, why worry about a woman's fantasy. And if being a princess is her fantasy, I say fuck it let her have it for just one day.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

heeheehee

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#30]
You treat women nice so they'll bang you. That simple. There are other strategies, sure. But all have the same goal.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
OK, so what should they want to look like at their weddings?  Truck drivers?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

To be fair, the Frog couldn't exactly be a chooser, could he?

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:57:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You treat women nice so they'll bang you. That simple. There are other strategies, sure. But all have the same goal.
View Quote

When you have a nice, polite conversation with Joe Bob does it include negotiations on who gets to be the top?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#34]
You're posting on a website with members who have invested thousands of dollars in tactical gear and body armor and never leave mom's basement.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

Like medieval currency for the rich and powerful?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:07:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
After my now ex wife cheated on me, I was an idiot and dragged things out for about 2 months trying to see if there was something to be salvaged. It was obvious to everyone that something was really messed up, but I'm a pretty quiet person and keep my roubles to myself mostly. I had told no one what happened, and I had no plans to.

Well we were over at my mom's house, and it was driving her nuts that she didn't know what was going on. To be honest, I was being a real asshole to my then-wife, and Mom was fuming about it. Eventually she took us both aside and said "Dbrad197, I don't know what's going on, but I can tell you how to start fixing it. Every girl needs to be treated like a princess. You aren't treating her like a princess, and you need to be."

The smug look on my ex wife's face made me furious. So I responded casually.."fuckin bitch cheated on me, so fuck her. Maybe whatever dudes dick she is sucking this week can treat her like a princess."

Wish I had a mic so I could have dropped it as I turned around and left them on the porch. In retrospect I seriously regret using that language in front of my mom.

Anywho, back on topic....OP, men have fantasies about threesomes and war and exploring shit, why worry about a woman's fantasy. And if being a princess is her fantasy, I say fuck it let her have it for just one day.
View Quote

What I would liked to have heard was your moms responds when she turned and faced the dick sucker.

I butt dialed my EX during our separation and said to a coworker she wasn't worried about germs sucking some dudes dick last week. (She wanted to come over and use my washer, instead of a coin laundry ). The EX called me and I had to damage control so our dissolution wouldn't fall apart.

Back on topic.  As normal as boys playing with sticks as swords wanting to be knights.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-Cheering-Clapping.gif

What I would liked to have heard was your moms responds when she turned and faced the dick sucker.

I butt dialed my EX during our separation and said to a coworker she wasn't worried about germs sucking some dudes dick last week. (She wanted to come over and use my washer, instead of a coin laundry ). The EX called me and I had to damage control so our dissolution wouldn't fall apart.

Back on topic.  As normal as boys playing with sticks as swords wanting to be knights.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-Cheering-Clapping.gif

yelling and crying from both of them, I freaking left.

That was a PERFECT response
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:15:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Same as men watching tactical stuff and acting like mall ninjas.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My wife likes to watch the bridal dress shows and I swear, almost every woman wants to be or look like a princess???

You are not special, and you don't just deserve something, so I just don't get it.  NOT ragging on women, I just don't understand, and it sounds kind of stupid to listen to.  

View Quote

Just tell your SO she's nothing special. See for yourself how that works.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have made all my GF's dress up a princess at some point, so i can save them from a dragon and then they do favors for me.

Some of them loved it some of them left because of it, they all turned out to have the crazy in the end.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:20:38 PM EDT
[#42]
it's a show and made up to get viewers
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:20:48 PM EDT
[#43]

Meh, I like Anna way more

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I have made all my GF's dress up a princess at some point, so i can save them from a dragon and then they do favors for me.

Some of them loved it some of them left because of it, they all turned out to have the crazy in the end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure.  THEY were all crazy.  

This place.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#46]
You mean like this?

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#47]
It's the biggest day of their lives up to that point. The day they've been dreaming about since they were playing with Barbie
They want to be the center of attention
The guy just wants to get it over with.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:27:23 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Disney's Fault

+1.  The princess is basically the ideal job for a woman.  It is the top of the social hierarchy without being burdened with age and responsibilities like the queen.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, there's a reason.

There's a reason you want your upper to match the lower, or your wheels on your truck to be sufficiently cool & shiny.

It's all the same reason.

And, you're not special either.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:30:14 PM EDT
[#50]

I need more beer
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top