Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/5/2015 3:58:03 PM EDT
My Nephew was arrested some while back for non support.

I went down to the jersey station they were holding him at , awaiting sheriffs deputies picking him up.

He was not in arrears and had the print out showing the money is always taken out of his check at work before he even gets his check.

The print out showed all the payments right up to one week earlier (6 days actually)

No one wanted to even read it.

The warrant said 4 weeks behind.

I had to post the money to get him out.

He ended up with a pretty nice check from the town & the county.

The deputies from the county were real pricks too.

When the town cops took the money from me , they gave me a receipt for "bail"

When the deputies got there they said it's not bail, it's back support, one of them tried to take the receipt from my hand, I put it in my front pocket, the deputy said either give me that receipt or we take your Nephew to county.

The detective that was standing there told them they weren't taking him anywhere, they got into a shoving match with one of the deputies putting his hand on his gun.

I told my Nephew if they draw hit the floor so we don't get hit in the cross fire, finally after 5 min of shouting a Captain came in and told them all to STFU or he'd arrest them all.

The captain asks me for the receipt so he could correct the error, I gave it to him and he did so and got us out of their.

He said he knew my boss and asked if I would not mention this as it was an embarrassment to his PD.

I really thought it might turn into a shooting right there in holding, JHC!    
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy shit, dude. That is fucked up. Remind me to never visit there.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
They almost protected and served the shit out of you
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad the morons didnt gun you all down, someone there needs to be fired.....or even prosecuted.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#4]
More reason to stay the fuck out of NJ.

I hope your nephew got it all straightened out.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

As long as they went home safe.....

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool story but you forgot the most important part. There is no cop anywhere who gives the first warm shit about what caused an arrest warrant to be issued. Explaining why the warrant is wrong will get you nothing but a sore throat.

The only exception is if the serving/arresting officer is the one who asked the judge for the warrant in the first place. Even then, you can still expect to go to jail to explain it to the judge.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#7]
you should have filmed this event !!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Cops being dicks?

No way!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:07:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Child support is a crock of shit, as is the man being involved in it.

Glad I don't have kids.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#10]
How is this not equivalent to a debtor's prison?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:09:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

He almost got treated like a king --- rodney king.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:09:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
you should have filmed this event !!
View Quote

worldstarhiphop.com  
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like they are real assholes.  Kudos to the Captain for his willingness to arrest a "pick up that can" type of cop.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#15]
I for one completely believe your story.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:19:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Liberty died in New Jersey a very long time ago.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Sounds dysfunctional.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#18]
i would have gone public.  f them.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Isolated incident for sure.

Can you imagine what us lowly civilians are up against?

A perfect glimpse of why you should never trust LEO.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#20]
This is not a cop bashing thread, the local town cops including the 2 arresting officers + detective + captain were on our side.

The print out got down to the station after my Nephews GF got it off the computer an hour after the arrest.

The arresting officers had no proof the money was not owed until the hour later.

The Captain knew me, he knew where I worked (One county over) the deputies knew me too but were still dicks.

They were both the epitome of "pick up that can citizen"  
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Do you even record video bro.....
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Isolated incident. Held to a higher standard. etc.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

i would have gone public.  f them.
View Quote
The settlement had a non-disclosure clause in it.

I only know how much it is because the check was on his table one night when I stopped by.

He owed about $115,000.00 on his house, put it this way, he paid off over 1/2 that.

Not bad for almost losing his job, being dragged out of your home at O'dark 30?

My buddy called me one night I was off, he said you know so & so?

(one of the prick deputies)

I said yeah, he said he just locked him for DV, I said no shit, you take his guns?

He said he had no choice , watch co showed up and said cuff & stuff and take the hardware.

In all fairness to my buddy, part of the DV  was threatening to shoot his wife (not holding a gun at the time though)

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#24]
This almost happened to me once. Up to date on support, court fucked up and issued a warrant. Luckily I was able to get it straightened out before they showed up.
That Office that takes and distributes payments is second only to the IRS in it's shenanigans.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
More reason to stay the fuck out of NJ.

I hope your nephew got it all straightened out.
View Quote

Agreed......Damn, it sounds like a major cluster fuck!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#26]
What is this thread about?   Your nephew got locked up erroneously and then sued?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is not a cop bashing thread, the local town cops including the 2 arresting officers + detective + captain were on our side.
The print out got down to the station after my Nephews GF got it off the computer an hour after the arrest.
The arresting officers had no proof the money was not owed until the hour later.
The Captain knew me, he knew where I worked (One county over) the deputies knew me too but were still dicks.
View Quote

Respect my authority!
Fuck you.  Respect my authority!
No.  Fuck you.  Respect my authority!
Both of you SHUT THE FUCK UP or I'll fucking arrest the two of yous!!

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This almost happened to me once. Up to date on support, court fucked up and issued a warrant. Luckily I was able to get it straightened out before they showed up.
That Office that takes and distributes payments is second only to the IRS in it's shenanigans.
View Quote

I think they staff them with man haters that don't care about shit other than screwing over men.

Debtors prison is right.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think they staff them with man haters that don't care about shit other than screwing over men.

Debtors prison is right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Debtors prison is right.

Division of Child Support Enforcement (DCSE) in my state is far worse than the IRS. They'll suspend your driver's license, trade/professional licenses, etc. then wonder why the guy can't pay the arrearage back.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#32]
In NJ...those flatfoot fucks are (about) the only people 'allowed' to be armed. Makes implicit sense to me.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#33]
As long as your nephew didn't shoulder a sig brace, you're good
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Not the first time I've heard of something like this
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:45:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Respect my authority!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Respect my authority!

That would make a great video!
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like a very broken and corrupt system, in general.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Glad I don't have kids.
View Quote

When you have kids and divorce, or choose not to live and marry the mother, you will be put into the belly of the beast.

This is government.  This is what it has become.  The Family Court system is an insane, corrupt, nightmare.  Do whatever you can to never be subject to them.

In most states a dad in arrears isn't even afforded the same constitutional protections violent criminals enjoy.  They aren't given legal representation if they can't afford it.  They aren't allowed to make "bail".  They have to go before a judge without legal representation, who is in the most powerful position a judge can be in, he can do anything.  You can't request a jury of your peers.  You will be kept in jail until the judge is satisfied.   Whatever that takes.  While in jail, without income, the arrears continue to mount.  

It's really is a fucked up situation.  

There's federal matching money for child support services, and the family court itself for enforcement and collection.  It tends to be one of the biggest money makers for all the players involved, attorneys, courts, and bureaucrats.  

There will never be legislative action to fix it .... because it's a "for the children issue".  Besides, unless you've personally been involved with it, or know someone who has, you probably can't appreciate just how screwed up the system actually is.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
How is this not equivalent to a debtor's prison?
View Quote

It is debtor's prison.  

But they get around that by calling it "contempt of court".  Instead of "bail" they collect arrears...the debt.  The law is a complex mess.   It's made complex by people that make their living increasing complexity.  The more complex and insane, the more they make.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:55:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Poor System, once they get your money is hard to get it back.
1995 or so, was awarded Full Custody of my 2 kids, support continued to be taken from my pay checks, $994.75 per month.
Took almost a year to get my money back, as well as the arrears I was owed.
PA, BTW.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:59:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

When you have kids and divorce, or choose not to live and marry the mother, you will be put into the belly of the beast.

This is government.  This is what it has become.  The Family Court system is an insane, corrupt, nightmare.  Do whatever you can to never be subject to them.

In most states a dad in arrears isn't even afforded the same constitutional protections violent criminals enjoy.  They aren't give legal representation if they can't afford it.  They aren't allowed to make "bail".  They have to go before a judge without legal representation, who is in the most powerful position a judge can be in, he can do anything.  You can't request a jury of your peers.  You will be kept in jail until the judge is satisfied.   Whatever that takes.  While in jail, without income, the arrears continue mount.  

It's really a fucked up situation.  

There's federal matching money for child support services, and the family court itself for enforcement and collection, so it tends to be one of the biggest money makers for all the players involved, attorneys, courts, and bureaucrats.  

There will never be legislative action to fix it .... it's a "for the children issue".  Besides, unless you've personally been involved with it, or know someone who has, you probably can't appreciate just how screwed up the system actually is.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad I don't have kids.

In most states a dad in arrears isn't even afforded the same constitutional protections violent criminals enjoy.  They aren't give legal representation if they can't afford it.  They aren't allowed to make "bail".  They have to go before a judge without legal representation, who is in the most powerful position a judge can be in, he can do anything.  You can't request a jury of your peers.  You will be kept in jail until the judge is satisfied.   Whatever that takes.  While in jail, without income, the arrears continue mount.  

It's really a fucked up situation.  

There's federal matching money for child support services, and the family court itself for enforcement and collection, so it tends to be one of the biggest money makers for all the players involved, attorneys, courts, and bureaucrats.  

There will never be legislative action to fix it .... it's a "for the children issue".  Besides, unless you've personally been involved with it, or know someone who has, you probably can't appreciate just how screwed up the system actually is.  

QFT.

I'm divorced and paying child support in New Mexico. Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:00:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Child support is serious business.  Those hardcore criminals that don't pay need to put away for life.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Another cop bashing thread. Fuck this site
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#43]
When I was paying CS it came out of my check as well...state issued funds to the ex. If there was an issue she had to take it up with them.

Why was a warrant even issued for back child support if he was having it garnished out of his check...if the money wasn't being paid out it was on the State Agency

not him.

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:19:57 PM EDT
[#44]
How can this person still be in uniform?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
How can this person still be in uniform?
View Quote

Because police unions.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
When I was paying CS it came out of my check as well...state issued funds to the ex. If there was an issue she had to take it up with them.

Why was a warrant even issued for back child support if he was having it garnished out of his check...if the money wasn't being paid out it was on the State Agency
not him.

View Quote

I know!  I'm amazed as well, usually Government workers never fuck up or anything.  

It always runs like a top, perfect and efficient.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:29:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Who paid the settlement...the courts?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm guessing either them or the PD's insurance.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#49]
That fabled "Vast Majority" of good LE must take a lot of time off.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:33:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

The taxpayers.  Any further clarification is just splitting hairs.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top