Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2001 7:26:33 PM EDT
hey guys

sorry if this has been asked a bazillion times;  
where to buy a good garand? (not a cmp one)  
or is cmp the way to go?  
how to get a cmp rifle?  
classic arms have one for $420 - any good?

from what i understood, you have to shoot in a program to get a cmp garand - not really much opporunity here in so cal.
(now i understand how people asking about which ar to buy feel like!!!)-

thanks in advance
steve
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
or is cmp the way to go?
View Quote

The only way to go, unless you have plenty of discretionary income to pay much more for the same thing from the profiteers or some of the real old stuff at estate sales. Check out the CMP site:

http://www.odcmp.com/

Don't have to shoot matches if you're a vet or leo. Still need an affiliated gun club. GCA (Garand Collectors Association) qualifies.

Get yourself one. It will make you smile [:D]
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 2:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
CMP
CMP
CMP
By far, the best way to get a REAL USGI M1 Garand rifle is through the CMP.www.odcmp.com
If you are military, veteran, or law enforcement, you don't need to shoot a match.
Otherwise look at http://www.odcmp.com/ClubsSearch.asp
There are a ton of clubs in California.
all you need is one score.
Besides, every Garand we liberate from the US Govt. is one that won't get cut in 2 by a torch and sold as scrap metal ! ! ! !
My CMP Garand is the best money I've ever spent.
The new cast commercial recievers are junk ! !
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 6:15:22 PM EDT
[#4]
If you dont want to go through the hoops of cmp.Go to M1garand.com. I am pretty sure that is the website. The company is orion7. They specialize in M1 Garands,M1 Carbines and M14. He rebarreled my garand and it is great. He deals with only military receivers. His prices are fair I think the cheapest is $650. You have to chek it out. He does a teck inspection and makes sure they are all in safe working order. He has some great compition rifles at about $1500. I would like one of them. You can get your choice of 30-06 or 308 win. I didn't want to wait the year to get the rifle. Maybe it is different now.I am also not into cmp shooting.For you it might be the best thing. I would buy one from tony (orion7)then do the cmp and buy one from them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2001 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top