Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2015 11:10:36 PM EDT
What's your favorite tobacco to smoke, your favorite aromatic, and where online do you get the best deals for tins of tobacco.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you know about the humidor?  http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_1/143_The_Humidor.html

Me personally I like a mixture of 1/2 Burley and 1/2 Virginia.  Maybe throw in a little Perique.     Homegrown is best.  

You should grow your own being in Kentucky.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link, hadnt found it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Escudo, Hal o the Wynd, Gawith's Full Virginia Flake.  I don't smoke aromatics.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I like Cornell & Diehl mixtures - Byzantium, Haunted Bookshop and Green River Vanilla are my favorites.  Dunhill Nitecap also never leaves my rotation.  I like to order two ounces at a time, and I transfer them to a solid glass sealed container and put them in the closet for a month or two.  Then I bring them out, and I put them in the rotation.  Pipe tobaccos need a little time to mellow.  

I am by no means an expert, but I have tried more than a few tobaccos to find my favorites.  I am not in any way associated with them, but I like Smokingpipes.com for my bulk tobacco.  There may be better online sellers, but I have always had great experiences with them.

Enjoy!!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I like Cornell & Diehl mixtures - Byzantium, Haunted Bookshop and Green River Vanilla are my favorites.  Dunhill Nitecap also never leaves my rotation.  I like to order two ounces at a time, and I transfer them to a solid glass sealed container and put them in the closet for a month or two.  Then I bring them out, and I put them in the rotation.  Pipe tobaccos need a little time to mellow.  

I am by no means an expert, but I have tried more than a few tobaccos to find my favorites.  I am not in any way associated with them, but I like Smokingpipes.com for my bulk tobacco.  There may be better online sellers, but I have always had great experiences with them.

Enjoy!!
View Quote

Wow, you're doing exactly what Iam, with the small amounts. I use the medium jelly jars. I press my tobacco into it. Got a 5.56 wooden ammo crate with latch I keep them in. Storing em always in the dark.

I've just started so I'll be trying a lot more. I got a sutliff aromatic 5 tin sampler for 22.00 off of Cigar Intl. Each ton is 2 ounce.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Dunhill Nitecap also never leaves my rotation.
View Quote

This.

Other favorites are Orlik Golden Sliced, Mississippi River, Escudo Navy de Luxe, Squadron Leader, Frog Morton Series, Gawith Virginia Flake, Gaslight, Six Pence, Shortcut to Mushrooms, and others I can't recall right now.
For aromatics I like Lane 1Q, McClelland VBC, McClelland 3 Cherries, Frosty Mint, and Hobbit's Weed. (Split an order for Hobbit's Weed with someone else because their shipping charge is ridiculous)

ETA: Forgot Boswell's Cheery Smash and Christmas Cookie for aromatics and Boswell's Northwoods for an English. Also Esoterica Stonehaven and Penzance.
ETA2: Presbyterian is good too.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:48:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Frog Morton on the Bayou is the only pipe tobacco I smoke. I buy it the old fashion way, in person at a store.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:49:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Escudo and night cap from my savinelli trevi 602
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:55:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Frog Morton on the Bayou is the only pipe tobacco I smoke.
View Quote

Great stuff.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:56:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Pennsylvania Red is my number one smoke with Davinci as my second choice.

I buy mine at The Humidor Pipe and Tobacco Shop in Huntsville Alabama.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:17:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pennsylvania Red is my number one smoke with Davinci as my second choice.

I buy mine at The Humidor Pipe and Tobacco Shop in Huntsville Alabama.
View Quote

If I had all the money I've spent between the Humidor Pipe Shop and Larry's I could buy a house  

buk
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:20:44 PM EDT
[#13]
you need a minimum of 7 pipes to smoke if you are going to smoke daily....

not a written in stone but a good rule to follow
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Great stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Frog Morton on the Bayou is the only pipe tobacco I smoke.

Great stuff.

+1. Along with Mississippi River and Orlik Golden Slice.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:14:09 PM EDT
[#15]
i stick with Lane Limited 1-Q and RLP, and a BCA black cavendish. I don't smoke enough to keep a lot around.
I buy almost exclusively from Pipes & Cigars.
I appreciate their excellent customer service.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:18:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Yeah, I used to smoke a pipe at home. Some kind of vanilla/honeydew tobacco was my favorite, followed by a black cavendish. Used to be fun cleaning my pipes - kind of like guns are now. Haven't smoked them in 12 years.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:19:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone got any pipe tobacco laying around they'd share?
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Black Cavendish is my favorite for the most part, but sometimes I'll smoke other dark aromatics as well. I've never bought it online though..

I usually just pick mine up from the John Crouch Tobacconist Shop on King St. in Old Town, Alexandria. They mix their own blends in-house there- my favorite is one called "EBC". It's full-bodied smoke, but also kind of smooth.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I've used cigars intl which Io think is pipesandcigars.com. Shipping is just 5.99 and it's all been good.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#20]
No. They're all dead.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#21]
No, there's a few live ones left here.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#22]

I smoke VA-pers, English blends and Virginias...Cellar is as close as I come to an aromatic

These are some of my favorites

Dunhill Nightcap
Irish Flake
Escudo
C&D Pirate Kake
Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls
GLP Westminster
GLP Gaslight
GLP Quiet Nights
Mississippi River
Boswells Northwoods
Dunhill Flake
MB Latakia Flake
MB Old Dark Fired
Squadron Leader
FM Cellar
Balkan Sobranie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top