Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/26/2015 3:00:14 PM EDT
DHS officials who didn't know their shit arrested him for being outside of a federal building with a firearm. Was released within a couple hours.

I smell money in his future.

I have open carried countless times in Spokane (not a rifle like this dufus) and have never had an issue.

Anthony Bosworth was arrested Wednesday outside a federal building for openly carrying a firearm.

Within hours, he had been released with no criminal charges, his wife informed supporters.

Bosworth was arrested in front of his wife and children by agents for the Department of Homeland Security, who "claimed that Bosworth was in violation of federal law by open carrying a firearm on federal property.”

Yesterday we reported on the arrest (and later release) of liberty activist Anthony Bosworth, an Iraq War vet and one of the co-leaders of Liberty For All.  You may have seen the InfoWars story on his questioning by the FBI.  What you don’t know is that it was far worse than even they reported.

If you have already seen the video, then you already know that he was not read his Miranda rights during his arrest.  He also wasn’t given his Miranda rights at any time during the three hours of interrogation by various federal agencies.  Not only did he confirm with them that he was, in fact, in custody and being interrogated (the two flags that must be present for a Miranda warning), but he specifically and repeatedly requested to speak with an attorney.

Rather than read him his rights and allow him access to an attorney, they told him that he would not be speaking to a lawyer of any kind, let alone one of his choosing.  The idea of access to legal counsel as secured by the Constitution, he was told, was "Hollywood stuff.”  In other words, we do not care what the Constitution says; we will do to you whatever we want.  Under the current "terrorism” laws, they can.

During his five hours of detention, the agents spent three of those hours interrogating him about everything from Liberty for All to how many firearms he owned to how "hostile” patriots were in Washington State.  They alternated between threatening him with federal jail time, and offering him everything they could think of in an effort to get him to talk about his associates, his activities, and his beliefs.  Some of the information they told him they were already aware of came from people within the movement, at least one of whom had voluntarily met with the FBI in an effort to ‘open dialogue’ a few days ago.  It was obvious with other pieces of information that they were simply fishing.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Conspicuously troll a federal building with rifles hoping to get arrested, and you get arrested?

Depending on the period of detention, they may have no civil recourse.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

he just had to get it on....
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Not sure if kwikrnu v. Milky Way Galaxy is applicable in this instance, but it's worth a look.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#5]
He was looking to get arrested... Wish granted. He should at least get a ticket for being an idiot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm having a difficult time understanding what Bosworth says to the officer when the officer asks him if he was "exercising your 2nd Amendment rights?" but it sounds like Bosworth answered in the negative and said he was there in "support of [unintelligible] case" at which point the officer seems to ask him some details about the case and Bosworth promptly tells him he doesn't have to say anything ... blah blah blah.

As well as I could hear what was going on, I've got no problem with Bosworth being detained.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like he got what he was wanting. I guess the ball is now in his court as to how to proceed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:53:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Of all of the rifles to carry, an AK?

Seriously?

He wanted to get detained.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#9]
No wonder gun owners are f*cked.  Even our own will eat one another.

<sarcasm> That guy has no reason to be open carrying! That idiot!  Who does he think he is exercising his "right"!?</sarcasm>
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:04:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

<sarcasm> That guy has no reason to be open carrying! That idiot!  Who does he think he is exercising his "right"!?</sarcasm>
View Quote

Don't bring a gun to a federal courthouse and tell officials that you are there in support/opposition to some specific case.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:08:48 PM EDT
[#11]
WA is very straight forward when it comes to open carry. Every department in the state is well informed about it at this point. He might be a douche, but he was well within his rights with his actions. The officers were wrong.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:10:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Don't bring a gun to a federal courthouse and tell officials that you are there in support/opposition to some specific case.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He never entered the building, was on public property, followed every rule when it came to open carrying. Who cares if he was looking for attention/being a dick?

Last I checked, being an attention whore wasn't illegal and wasn't an offense worthy of being cuffed and stuffed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
WA is very straight forward when it comes to open carry. Every department in the state is well informed about it at this point. He might be a douche, but he was well within his rights with his actions. The officers were wrong.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#14]
So it was legal for him to do so, but he was arrested anyways? And some here support his arrest?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Reading some of the comments in here it looks like I have stumbled into the DU.

What the hell is wrong with you people.

I guess, "Shall not be infringed", are just words to some of you.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Shall not be infringed is what it should be. But, we have folks who look for attention and act surprised when they get it.

ETA: watched. He was in the right, but he could have walked away and made his case at a later time. He chose the hard way.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So it was legal for him to do so, but he was arrested anyways? And some here support his arrest?
View Quote

If he had been shot, it would be the same.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I forgot about the Federal exemptions to rights.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

If he wants to intimidate witnesses or support intergalactic voting rights on WA property, that's probably a WA issue.  

If he chooses to do so on federal property, then that becomes an issue for the feds and federal law.  While there are specific laws specifically forbidding firearms inside federal buildings, there are other aspects of the US Code regarding interfering with witnesses and so forth - the guy sounded like he was making reference to an ongoing case and that's problematic.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.....most likely the "gun owners" that are either afraid of their guns...or really don't own any.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Updated with more stuff below the video in OP.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's GD for ya.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:29:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, Black Panthers with billy clubs standing in front of polling places ... they're just exercising their 2nd amendment rights?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Updated with more stuff below the video in OP.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:32:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

He never entered the building, was on public property, followed every rule when it came to open carrying. Who cares if he was looking for attention/being a dick?

View Quote
Some Arfcommers seem to want anything that can be construed as "being a dick to LEO" to be illegal and punishable by imprisonment.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#28]
WTF?  Some of you want to keep your gun rights a secret?  Use them or lose them.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Victim is likely a dipshit, but the DHS shitheads should be fired for ignorance and making a false arrest, and jailed for battery and false imprisonment.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:34:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

And you are surprised? For many the government is always in the right.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Shall not be infringed is what it should be. But, we have folks who look for attention and act surprised when they get it.

ETA: watched. He was in the right, but he could have walked away and made his case at a later time. He chose the hard way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had he walked away, he'd likely have had no case. He has a case now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
WTF?  Some of you want to keep your gun rights a secret?  Use them or lose them.
View Quote

I open carry long arms quite often, as is my right.

But, people also have a right to due process ... thus they should be able to walk into a federal courthouse without having to navigate past some creep loitering by the front door with a rifle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#33]
DHS is at the top of the list of agencies we need to get rid of
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep… then he would have been dead right…

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:45:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

But, people also have a right to due process ... thus they should be able to walk into a federal courthouse without having to navigate past some creep loitering by the front door with a rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suppose they have the right to go into the woods too, and to do so without having to navigate past some creep with a rifle.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If he wants to intimidate witnesses or support intergalactic voting rights on WA property, that's probably a WA issue.  

If he chooses to do so on federal property, then that becomes an issue for the feds and federal law.  While there are specific laws specifically forbidding firearms inside federal buildings, there are other aspects of the US Code regarding interfering with witnesses and so forth - the guy sounded like he was making reference to an ongoing case and that's problematic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It did not sound like he was reference to an ongoing case. The DHS scholar asks if he's making a 2dAm statement and he replies that they are actually there to support a group for the 10thAm.

If it is legal to carry arms in that place (no one has cited any law that says it's not) and it's legal to protest there, it's legal to carry arms there while protesting. There would have to be witnesses present for someone to interfere with a witness. Note, please, that  he was not arrested for witness intimidation or anything of the sort, but was arrested under a statute that does not criminalize his conduct.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#37]
It is very obvious that they are trying to start trouble! They did not turn the phone sideways to do the video!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Geebus..... there's a segment here that'd support loading cattle cars for disagreeing with the .gov....And we wonder why the country is going to shit?

I don't.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:49:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Write again when you know what due process is.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
He was looking to get arrested... Wish granted. He should at least get a ticket for being an idiot.
View Quote

Blame the guy acting perfectly legally for the illegal actions of government agents.  Good call.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:50:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Interesting way to protest the forced background checks.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Rather than read him his rights and allow him access to an attorney, they told him that he would not be speaking to a lawyer of any kind, let alone one of his choosing. The idea of access to legal counsel as secured by the Constitution, he was told, was "Hollywood stuff.”
View Quote

Remember this when arfcom's membership list is confiscated, it's not like Goatboy keeps a thermite grenade on the server....

I know where it's going, I pay for a mebership anyway, and I'll be sent to hell with a lot of you.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Last I checked, being an attention whore wasn't illegal and wasn't an offense worthy of being cuffed and stuffed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have no business discussing freedom and the exercising of said rights here.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Fuck looks cold there.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Let's poke the fire here a little.

Let's say you are home, and look out on the sidewalk, and 4 Black Panthers are standing around marching up and down in front of your home with AR-15's and AK 47's, maybe even a billy club or two. Your wife and kids are on the way home from picking them up at school.

You going to make them coffee? You going to call the cops? You going to confront them?

After all, they ARE on public property exercising their constitutional rights!

The problem with sense these days is it is not so COMMON!
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I repeat, shall not be infringed and In DU twilight zone.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Question.

So lets say he carries a rifle, slung, around the outside of the property.  Nothing happens.  LE looks at him, maybe waves and then ignores him.  What has been accomplished?

They "learned their lesson" not to mess with him?  The people who drove past and most likely didn't even notice he had a firearm are taught what...?  The masses are safer because he was ignored?

Lets stipulate to it being legal.  Whats the point?  Attention?  Exercising his rights?  Okay.  Could have done that at the piggly wiggly...it looks and smells of attention-whoring....

Just askin'...
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:58:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It did not sound like he was reference to an ongoing case. The DHS scholar asks if he's making a 2dAm statement and he replies that they are actually there to support a group for the 10thAm.

If it is legal to carry arms in that place (no one has cited any law that says it's not) and it's legal to protest there, it's legal to carry arms there while protesting. There would have to be witnesses present for someone to interfere with a witness. Note, please, that  he was not arrested for witness intimidation or anything of the sort, but was arrested under a statute that does not criminalize his conduct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the officer asked him "can you tell me the specifics of the case" at which point they guy chokes on gold fringe.  The officer was rightfully trying to determine if this could conflict with legal business at the federal courthouse.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Let's poke the fire here a little.

Let's say you are home, and look out on the sidewalk, and 4 Black Panthers are standing around marching up and down in front of your home with AR-15's and AK 47's, maybe even a billy club or two. Your wife and kids are on the way home from picking them up at school.

You going to make them coffee? You going to call the cops? You going to confront them?

After all, they ARE on public property exercising their constitutional rights!

The problem with sense these days is it is not so COMMON!
View Quote

What are you going to do?  Illegally detain them for a few hours?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

18 U.S. Code § 930

(f) Nothing in this section limits the power of a court of the United States to punish for contempt or to promulgate rules or orders regulating, restricting, or prohibiting the possession of weapons within any building housing such court or any of its proceedings, or upon any grounds appurtenant to such building.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top