Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They have money for that?

<chuckle>
View Quote

Came here to post this.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#3]
It's kind of the Russian Space station now. What's everyone else going to do to get there and back, use a ladder?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:16:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's kind of the Russian Space station now. What's everyone else going to do to get there and back, use a ladder?
View Quote

Hot air balloons duh.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

<chuckle>
View Quote
He said, when our own country has to hitch rides to ISS with the Russians.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<chuckle>

I'm pretty sure they can only afford to keep their rockets going up because we're paying to use them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure they can only afford to keep their rockets going up because we're paying to use them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<chuckle>

We're paying to use them because we have to, not because we want to.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#9]
How long until the ISIS space station?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#10]
go right ahead.   science and space exploration are things I wish countries could set aside politics for.    

By then we'll hopefully have our new ride all ready to go
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:40:36 AM EDT
[#11]
they know the US will be stick a fork in and done in 9 years? Glorious Obamrade, we award you the Hero of the New Soviet Union
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#12]
By 2024 we should have private company's building there own space station's.

So yea let them have that ageing peace of junk. typical Russia hoarding old out dated junk.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<chuckle>

More than a couple of decades ago, when I was a kid and the Berlin wall came down, a few years later my Dad told me how his employer had, "the equivalent of Phds (in Russia)... working for pennies."

Vodka notwithstanding, there are some smart people over there. Chill out, patriot.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Space program funding is a "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" proposition

Let the eggheads smoke and go back to slide rules. At least they got things done when it was like that

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:42:36 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
More than a couple of decades ago, when I was a kid and the Berlin wall came down, a few years later my Dad told me how his employer had, "the equivalent of Phds (in Russia)... working for pennies."

Vodka notwithstanding, there are some smart people over there. Chill out, patriot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<chuckle>

Dude, Patriot sheep dog, maybe you misunderstood what I was implying.

Literally nothing you replied with has anything to do with the monetary situation of the US funding of NASA over the last few years leaving us stranded on earth.

I know people are smart in Russia, I worked with one of the leading Physicists that escaped during the shake up in the 80's.  

LOL "Chill out Patriot..."  
No.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:46:40 AM EDT
[#16]
The Russians kept the Mir Space Station running all through the 1990s when they were collapsing as a government.  Whatever else you can say about them, they have a robust, practical space program that they are willing to support at the expense of more immediate material gratification.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Didn't the US essentially give them the funding to build those "Russian" modules, and then launch them into orbit using the Shuttle, and then assemble them?

I seem to recall that the Russians were so inept and behind schedule in building those "Russian" modules that NASA almost decided to build them instead of waiting any longer.

Typical Russian (government) behavior.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 11:44:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Literally nothing you replied with has anything to do with the monetary situation of the US funding of NASA over the last few years leaving us stranded on earth.

I know people are smart in Russia, I worked with one of the leading Physicists that escaped during the shake up in the 80's.  

No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<chuckle>

No.

Sorry man, I messed up and was focused on the inside post. Even then I should not have said that last bit.

I do not have a problem with either NASA or Russia, and did not mean to start an argument.

I also understood your point, but clicked on the wrong post because I have been drinking.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Sorry man, I messed up and was focused on the inside post. Even then I should not have said that last bit.

I do not have a problem with either NASA or Russia, and did not mean to start an argument.

I also understood your point, but clicked on the wrong post because I have been drinking.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Good...    good...

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
By 2024 we should have private company's building there own space station's.

So yea let them have that ageing peace of junk. typical Russia hoarding old out dated junk.
View Quote

In 2024, the ISS will certainly be obsolete. The Space Shuttle was showing its age after 30 years. We'll have better technologies by then.

I hope.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

<chuckle>

And we send them payloads to keep those smart people there, and out of  Argentina, or Iran...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top