Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2001 1:02:53 PM EDT
I was thinking about what kinds of guns would be avalible if (knock on wood) the 94 ban sunsets in 04'. When you think about it it basicly locked the gun world into 1994 era technology. I was just wondering what you guys would like to see if (god willing) the ban goes away. I for one would like to see Calico's in non pistol calibers. ( especial 5.56mm or maybe the cheap 7.62mm round ) I would also love to see a semi only G11 (or anything caseless). The other thing I would jump on is, even thoght they wouldnt be new, a new Steyr Aug that wouldnt cost $8K
[rail]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 1:33:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to see lot's of "evil features" being released on all rifles.  Too bad us New Yorkers are SOL. [:(]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Good question...lets see, where to start. On the realistic side, I'd like to see a 16" AR180, saw one once in Europe and it looked mean. But here's the stuff I'd sell my kidney's for:

> Heckler & Koch G-36
> SIG 550/16" barrel
> Steyr AUG
> Heckler & Kock UMP w/16" barrel...like the '94

Link Posted: 4/21/2001 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I hadn't thoght of that but a G-36 would be real sweet, I also thoght that the new isreali bullpup ( I forgot what it was called) would be real kewl to own. In general I think there needs to be more bullpups on the market.
[rail]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The current ban sunsets, then the 1968 amendment  repealed, then the 1934 NFA ruled unconstitutional.

Then I could get an M16, .50CAL BMG, a 20mm, Mortar, all the stuff that goes:

Big Bada [size=6][red]BOOM[/red][/size=6]

[rail]Railgun....
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 3:07:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Wish you guys best of luck with this issue, but looking at your political climate this seems wisful thinking, hey Finland in summer is very nice, bit cold and DARK in winter. But for this you get whatever you want in weapons and everything related to them in microscopic prices compared to the current U.S prices
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Bayonet mounts.

Lots of Bayonet mounts!
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#8]
In response to Tukka,

If you belive that all is lost then you have let HCI/VPC win. Yes in the current political climate it looks bad but look on the good side, we have Ashcroft as AG. That's a step in the right direction and it we stand to gain more seats in 02'. Dont roll over and die! There is reason for hope. I heard today that Bush was planning on removing the Clinton executive order banning the import of small arms that could accept pre-ban mags. We CAN still win.

Look on the bright side you'll live longer,

back to the topic at hand, I'd love to see a Barrett M-82A1 in 20mm...BOOOM or a S/A only FN P-90 classified as a pistol so it wouldnt have to have a stupid looking 16" barrel
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Scientist, i live in Finland, it´s in my profile there, a gazillion miles away from you guys and i dont have to worry about HCI, FBI , ATF or any alphabet group trolls.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hey Scientist, i live in Finland, it´s in my profile there, a gazillion miles away from you guys and i dont have to worry about HCI, FBI , ATF or any alphabet group trolls.
View Quote

Hey Tuukka,

What are the laws like there or rather do you have any type of "right" to own/bear arms if Finland?

Just wondering, as it seems the UN wants to disarm everyone. I'm suprised they haven't had some effect in Finland.

I'm glad to here that somewhere you can own what you want!
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#11]
It isn't going to sunset, guys, so forget it.  
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#12]
We can always work to bring about the next phase of firing projectiles!

[url]http://www.railgun.org/design/[/url]

[url]http://members.tripod.com/~mad_coiler/railgun/[/url]

[url]http://www.surplussales.com/MaxwellList.html[/url]

[rail]Railgun....

Link Posted: 4/21/2001 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Would you be able to buy semi-automatic mp-5's? Were these available before the ban, or were they illegal before that?
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 5:50:31 PM EDT
[#14]
I want a lightweight semi auto over and under with retractable stock in .223 and 12ga that takes AR mags and six or more rounds of 12ga with a single trigger that you can switch from .223 to 12ga simply by flipping a small lever similar to a safety.

THISISME

Link Posted: 4/21/2001 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I suppose I will need to get a good shotgun for ariel shooting,

since if the ban is really allowed to "sunset",

there will be pigs flyin all over the place.

McUZI
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I suppose I will need to get a good shotgun for ariel shooting,

since if the ban is really allowed to "sunset",

there will be pigs flyin all over the place.

McUZI
View Quote

hahaha  so very funny but so very true[:(]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I think we should raffel off a Swedish citizenship, not only are you allowed to own a gun you are REQUIRED to own and be proficent in the use of the current government issued iron!
My kinda place!
Now if I can just get an interpeturHeck I'd settle for being able to spell in English I guess!
TF
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think we should raffel off a Swedish citizenship, not only are you allowed to own a gun you are REQUIRED to own and be proficent in the use of the current government issued iron!
View Quote

Sweeden too?
I thought Switzerland was the only one like that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Lahti's, Solothurns. joking..
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Remember, the ban is supposed to sunset in an election year.

To my way of thinking, this means the ban might never end.

If it's extended, as long as the "new" sunset date falls in an election year it could go on and on.
I think the election year sunset date was deliberately included for just this reason.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#21]
What...Oh...I was just DREAMING!
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I would really like to see it happen. It would be worth all my mags and guns dropping 400% in value! The fact is we don't have the right people in the right places in government to pull it off...it is going to be a real struggle.

John[heavy]
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 8:12:50 PM EDT
[#23]
We need marches, signs, fundraisers.  We need ORGANIZATION!
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Rickyj,

Yes they were available. The H&K SP 89's were the pistol versions while the H&K 94's were the carbine versions. Worth outrageous prices now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#25]
i think 94 ban will history for a little while at least. if dems(or is that demons) take back control they will be quick to reinstate it. i'm not slacking off but i think tide is turning in our favor.
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 10:47:01 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't think this crap will ever end.Organization is the key word,Unfortunatly,there is so little of it amongst us. I have little hope for the future.Hell,half the people on this website bitch back and forth like a bunch of crybabies.We don't have to worry about HCI or Sarah Brady,we are our own worst enemies.Instead of stockpiling guns & ammo,bitching back and forth & waiting for an armed confrontation, why don't more of us try to encourage positive thoughts on guns/hunting and SPORTSMANSHIP, with people who are unfamiliar with it.Our voices as individuals are unheard.Our voices united as one can be overwhelming.I for one firmly believe our NRA saved this last election.If your not already a member,then join.They are the loudest voice we have and they need to get louder.Us,sitting here bitching about these laws is a waste of time.We as individuals are no threat to the politicians who make them.The NRA is a major threat.If you don't believe me,ask Al Sore.Look at some of the states he was defeated in,mainly his own + klintons.You can thank the NRA for that.I don't believe the weapons ban will sunset quietly or peacefully.The democrats will just dream up some more crap to add to it.We have already learned to swallow the '94 law,why would they let it die? They will just show a few of the school shootings on the news and tell the public why our "children" and our "childrens children" need to be "safe" and "protected" from these "horrible" guns.             I get so pi$$ed I start to ramble so I'll shut up now.         [sniper]            
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#27]
the only gun I want is my M4 is Sarah Brady's Face!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 10:54:21 PM EDT
[#28]
dragracerart,

I agree wholeheartedly!

As for me, I have and still do educate and inform those I meet about firearms and their benefits.

When we are united, we are strong but there are many issues which divide us. Part of the plan of our advisaries.

I wouldn't give up yet, but it REALLY is frustrating!

Link Posted: 4/22/2001 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank you Kihn!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top