Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2001 9:18:55 AM EDT
Trying to find info on where a casualty might be buried. This is for a Family member who is dying. This was his brother and he asked me for help.
Any info or search engines would be greatly appreciated.

info:
    Sergeant Clifford N. (Normand) Greenwood
    A.S. No. 34023533
Papers received stated:
    He died in the service of his country "In the European Area December          
    30, 1944
He received a Purple Heart & the paper said that id was "Given the 21st day of February 1945.
Now, from what Paul's family was told by the military was that he along with many others were killed when due to bad weather (fog) our planes uncertain of their position when they dropped their bombs hit our men.  There were two lines of men on their way to the mess tent and everyone in the left line died.
Spell?  Paul believes that he is buried at Henri Chappell in Belgium.

Any help you & others might be able to give Paul & I would be forever grateful.

TIA,
Delmarksman
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 9:58:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Try looking here:

[url]http://cougar.collegiate.ind.k12.va.us/~khurd/bastogne.htm#henri-chappell[/url]

It's a start. Good luck
Ron
Link Posted: 4/21/2001 10:11:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link, Ron.

I will pass it on.
Delmarksman
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top