Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 1/25/2015 10:59:08 PM EDT
......I remember back in 2012 when I was stationed at Fort Campbell, some of the gun dealers around me were hoping Obama got re-elected, so their sales would go up.

Now with the Hollis vs Holder suit, it seems to have some of the more fucktarded SOTs around the country worried......

On Saturday, I was at a semi-local NFA dealer, and heard a conversation between the two guys behind the counter, that while they thought it was private, wasn't so private afterall.

I overhead the guy saying how if the NFA were repealed, or if post-86 MGs were legal again, he'd loose lots of money, or possibly go out of business, and that he hopes the lawsuit fails.

Is this really the type of people that dealers specalizing in NFA items, actually are? I bet there's more than a few dealers and MG owners on this forum that hope Hollis vs Holder fails as well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
It would never happen, but if the NFA did get completely repealed, what do you think would happen to the value of all of those 25k+ MG's?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm surprised people actually know about the suit
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Philosophically I can't agree.  However, they are businessmen with an inventory that could be de-valued sUbstantially.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:02:34 PM EDT
[#4]
That's all been brought up before. Most MG owners would trade the value in their collection to be able to buy new MGs for a tiny fraction of current pricing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:03:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Makes me want to chip more money in the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm surprised people actually know about the suit
View Quote

So am I, to be honest (unless they're regulars on this site).

Interesting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Apparently, your semi-local NFA dealer is an idiot.

Would his current MG's lose value?  Yes.

Would he get a new inventory of MG's that would sell? Yes.

I would say the NFA dealer would get more business with the repeal of the NFA.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Shit bags like that belong on the end of a rope with the rest of the treasonous pieces of shit....
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:05:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's all been brought up before. Most MG owners say they would trade the value in their collection to be able to buy new MGs for a tiny fraction of current pricing.

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:05:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It would never happen, but if the NFA did get completely repealed, what do you think would happen to the value of all of those 25k+ MG's?
View Quote

Some of them will retain most of their value, WWII Title I stuff has gone up in value as time has gone on.  There will never be more vintage MG42s, the fact that I could build or buy a new one won't change that.  The guys who bought $20K sears are going to get hosed.  Such is life.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:06:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok, so some do.

I am one and I dont.

Some people wanted to elect president Obama

Some people did not.

I guess everyone isnt the same! Amazing!

I do tire of the mantra that "all the machinegun owners dont want the ban to go away"

It isnt true and you all should know that by now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:09:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
......I remember back in 2012 when I was stationed at Fort Campbell, some of the gun dealers around me in were hoping Obama got re-elected, so their sales would go up.

Now with the Hollis vs Holder suit, it seems to have some of the more fucktarded SOTs around the country worried......

On Saturday, I was at a semi-local NFA dealer, and heard a conversation between the two guys behind the counter, that while they thought it was private, wasn't so private afterall.

I overhead the guy saying how if the NFA were repealed, or if post-86 MGs were legal again, he'd loose lots of money, or possibly go out of business, and that he hopes the lawsuit fails.

Is this really the type of people that dealers specalizing in NFA items, actually are? I bet there's more than a few dealers and MG owners on this forum that hope Hollis vs Holder fails as well.
View Quote

Money talks. They are just looking out for what they perceive to be their best interests. If it ever is repealed they would lose money initially, but in the end they would have a much larger customer base. Short sided thinking in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:11:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That's all been brought up before. Most MG owners would trade the value in their collection to be able to buy new MGs for a tiny fraction of current pricing.

View Quote

Yup, in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#14]
How about the quisling professional trainers who push for requiring training and qualification standards for people who want to exercise their right to carry a gun?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:13:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Some want to continue seeing $1000+ profit per sale on 2-3 MGs per month rather than $100 profit on 40-60 per month.
The current situation means a lot less people they have to deal with, because at the end of the day, it seems most gun dealers are introverted asshats.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:13:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Money talks. They are just looking out for what they perceive to be their best interests. If it ever is repealed they would lose money initially, but in the end they would have a much larger customer base. Short sided thinking in my opinion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
......I remember back in 2012 when I was stationed at Fort Campbell, some of the gun dealers around me in were hoping Obama got re-elected, so their sales would go up.

Those were my thoughts. The amount of people who would be able to drop $800 on a select fire Colt 6920 vs the pepole who can drop $5000 on a transferable MAC-10 is pretty substantial.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:14:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How about the quisling professional trainers who push for requiring training and qualification standards for people who want to exercise their right to carry a gun?
View Quote

Those assholes too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:16:09 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't see how they wouldn't still be in business. More rush for FA weapons.

I also don't see many wagon wheel brokers anymore. Sometimes you have to adapt to the market. I feel sorry for those who run their small businesses like Kodak ran their large Corp.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Its fucked up, but I can understand being upset if over $100k worth on machineguns lost $90k of their value overnight.

For some money is more important than our freedom.

Free
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't like the NFA any more than the next guy, but it won't be repealed. The most I can ever see happening is allowing new manufacture again with a stamp, and that's an unlikely wild stretch.

In this case, the "wow factor" would ultimately be lost. People want what is rare. Make it more affordable, and you would start seeing them everywhere. Happened with sound supressors and SBR's/SBS's.

Ammo prices would skyrocket.

Wait times for future processing would skyrocket.

Collections would be horribly de-valued.

Market would finally settle and seeing a machinegun at a range would become as commonplace as an AR.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:21:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Few people asked me the same thing when the AWB went away. Asked if I was worried my pre-ban stuff would be devalued once the "evil features" were allowed again, My response was zero fucks given since I would love to see the return of the pre-ban features for everybody and wasn't looking at it like a stockbroker.

As someone else pointed out, the vintage stuff will never lose it's appeal since the era it came from along with the manufacturing processes are not likely to be repeated ever again. There will only be "X" number of WW I, WW II, and Viet Nam era bringbacks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:22:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote
thing is, they would sell many more devalued machine guns than just a few very expensive ones...

its the walmart philosophy...sell the same shit as the little guy for cheaper, sell more of it, make more money

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:24:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#24]
FNFA
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#25]
They could sell hundreds of tube guns like Stens and S&W 76's. And even more DIAS's.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:25:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What if I told you, the BATFE allows certain people to keep post 1986 machine guns?
View Quote

It would piss me off something fierce...
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#28]
None starter as it will never be repealed and new MG's will never be allowed for civi's
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:27:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Those assholes too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those assholes too.

We have a dicktard like that here in Alabama.
He is some kind of trainer and range owner.
He is on video at state meetings telling lawmakers to vote for bills that force requirements to get your permit to carry.

As far as gun dealers go, about 80% are pure sleaze balls that would charge a person on fire for the water they used to put it out.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:27:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Get ready to get pissed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What if I told you, the BATFE allows certain people to keep post 1986 machine guns?

Get ready to get pissed.

in 4 answer
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:28:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:28:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
......I remember back in 2012 when I was stationed at Fort Campbell, some of the gun dealers around me were hoping Obama got re-elected, so their sales would go up.

View Quote

NAMES????
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:29:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Get ready to get pissed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get ready to get pissed.

In, and I've been drinking a lot of water today
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:29:48 PM EDT
[#34]
I know a man who renounced his lifetime NRA membership in disgust in 1994 after he overheard a gun store owner, who was an NRA bigwig talking about how much he liked Bill Clinton for signing the federal AW ban.  The store owner was in the process of tripling the marked prices on AR-15 rifles.

I understand that business is reptilian and that marking up the prices was the logical thing to do, but the guy's attitude was disgusting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I don't like the NFA any more than the next guy, but it won't be repealed. The most I can ever see happening is allowing new manufacture again with a stamp, and that's an unlikely wild stretch.

View Quote
This about sums up my feelings. I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I will be.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:30:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Yeah, 'cuz the Germans are still making nazi-marked mg34's.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:30:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wouldn't be surprised
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Then there are the NFA dealers existing a niche in the firearms community. If you could walk into Cabellas and walk out with a factory fresh MPwhateverthefuck was made last month...what do you think would happen to the former NFA dealers?

The new job for former NFA dealers...

"Welcome to Cabelas, how may I assist you?"
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:31:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Get ready to get pissed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get ready to get pissed.

I've been waiting for this.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:35:46 PM EDT
[#40]
I would be thrilled to devalue the hell out of my MG if that meant that I could purchase post 86 Title II firearms or more desirable models without selling kidneys on the black market.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:37:42 PM EDT
[#41]
In on 1 and ready for the post-86 MG answer.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:37:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

O shit this is truly going to be good. Boy i cant wait to see someone get dunked on.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Shit.  A factory fresh m240 costs $16k today.  That is a hell of a lot cheaper than $175k, but still very pricey.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:39:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:40:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

NAMES????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NAMES????

I'm not naming any names. I'm not exposing myself to drama, or some butthurt gun dealer trying to sue me.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

O shit this is truly going to be good. Boy i cant wait to see someone get dunked on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Win or lose, we will at the least expose them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised

Win or lose, we will at the least expose them.

I've heard of people holding guns via diplomatic immunity.  Any truth to this?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:44:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I'm not naming any names. I'm not exposing myself to drama, or some butthurt gun dealer trying to sue me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NAMES????

He can't sue you for libel unless it's not true what he said.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:45:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

People like...those with political connections?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top