Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2015 5:02:15 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:06:08 AM EDT
[#1]
That thing is so cool looking... I have to have one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:06:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Google translate says...

THOR is a weapon, unlike to any other. With magazine for 50 rounds caliber 5.56h45 mm is a unique self-defense weapon. It is a weapon that will make the owner of the rifle fire of envy. One press of the button results in THOR forearm and butt into the firing position and provides 100% piercing Standards CRISAT. All this is possible thanks to the unique semicircular store cMAG gate and a hammer, which makes curvilinear motion up and down. A similar principle of operation provides weapons low return and high speed operation mechanism. Folding front handle and telescopic buttstock allows THOR wear a special holster, making it an ideal weapon for close combat. Less than a second THOR provided in the firing position, and you get the power and precision rifles. THOR can be recharged in the folded position as in combat. All controls, including the slide catch, magazine catch, safety lock and handle loading arms allow you to operate with either hand, thus providing a high level of ergonomics. The basis for such a unique weapon is a 50-round magazine cMAG. Made of transparent plastic and mounted immediately behind the handle of the weapon he always allows to accurately estimate the number of remaining rounds. Cartridges are located in the store in a checkerboard pattern and before entering the chamber, the cartridge is set at 90 degrees, which is reminiscent of the supply of ammunition in the gun machine gun FN P90. The advantage of such a scheme according to the creators is the efficient use of space and a good balance of weapons. Reloading weapons in a few seconds. THOR was designed for high firepower, so cooling weapons very important task. For this purpose, the upper part of the receiver has been developed as an air pump. During the shooting of the cold air enters the channel behind the flame arrester that is due to the movement of the shutter. After going almost the entire length of weapons, air escapes through the ventilation slots in the back of the gun-arms between the whole and the upper point of the store. Access to the internal components and mechanisms THORa is very simple, just open the receiver cover and you get access to all the sites and mechanisms. All internal parts can be removed without any tools. Tool for cleaning and maintenance of weapons located in the butt. Receiver and stock are made ??of titanium, which makes the weapon more expensive, but the most durable. The performance characteristics THORa Caliber - 5,56h45 mm Efficiency up to 300 meters Height - 220 mm Width - 54 mm Length (folded / unfolded ) - 432/752 mm Weight -3.1 kg. fire type - automatic /
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:07:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Someone has been playing too much COD.

That drives me nuts when the sights are reversed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:10:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Translate hell, just slow down that graphic, so I can see how the bolt locks, and feeds.

There's a WHOLE LOT going on at once, with a LOT of moving parts in that design.
Too many hinge points under stress, and some weird physics involved.

I suppose it could work, but I can see how some debris could really tie up the works easily.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Translate hell, just slow down that graphic, so I can see how the bolt locks, and feeds.

There's a WHOLE LOT going on at once, with a LOT of moving parts in that design.

I suppose it could work, but I can see how some debris could really tie up the works easily.

View Quote
Know how I know you don't M2?

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I like that it has Magpul sights.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Especially the backward front sight...
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:14:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So what makes the front sight directional?

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#9]
By the sound of it, the guy who wrote that just helped me fix my computer.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:27:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because that's how it always is in the pictures, duh.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:32:59 AM EDT
[#11]
5.56 kriss?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:33:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Okay the concept is neat, but the Pistol grip is longer and fatter than a 30rnd pmag, and then you still have to reach the trigger. With that grip, it would need to be designed for robot hands.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:34:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
By the sound of it, the guy who wrote that just helped me fix my computer.

View Quote

Looks crazy lol
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:40:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone else think the internal mechanism could be simplified if the bullets were reversed in the mag?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:43:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
With that grip, it would need to be designed for robot hands.  
View Quote

In Russia, robot combats you!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:51:47 AM EDT
[#16]
I want one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:54:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Finally , something crazy-interesting
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:56:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Anyone else think the internal mechanism could be simplified if the bullets were reversed in the mag?
View Quote

The cartridge taper would be oriented the wrong way.

At first I thought it was pistol rounds circling around and up through the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:59:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

At first I thought it was pistol rounds circling around and up through the pistol grip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, good point

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:02:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Okay the concept is neat, but the Pistol grip is longer and fatter than a 30rnd pmag, and then you still have to reach the trigger. With that grip, it would need to be designed for robot hands.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:09:29 AM EDT
[#21]
CT already banned it...
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:37:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
CT already banned it...
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#23]
The gun at the bottom looks like the assault rifle in Half Life 2.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:46:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Interdasting  . . .

But it's merely a "concept".

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:07:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Sancho sorta likes.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#26]
I kinda like it.  I would like to see if someone could make it work.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:33:23 AM EDT
[#27]
What would the chest rig look like for that thing????
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Looks really,really cool
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#29]
But, what does the red button do?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#30]
The second weapon reminds me of the Overwatch Standard Pulse Rifle from Half-Life 2.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#31]
black ops modern duty 5.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:48:54 AM EDT
[#32]

Solution looking for a problem.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 8:57:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The second weapon reminds me of the Overwatch Standard Pulse Rifle from Half-Life 2.

http://combineoverwiki.net/images/f/f2/OSIPR.jpg
View Quote

Well the guy that came up with these designs is the visual director of Crytek, so it would make sense.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#35]
You'll shoot your hand off
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Interesting concept, but the mag would be the weak point.  Easy to use CG to show rounds coming out, but I want to see how you load them, and how they keep from dumping when not in the firearm.

Also that rifle would literally blow hot air back in the users face.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:32:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ok, color me stupid, but isnt it essentially similar to how the KRISS works??  Obviously Feeding is different, bot the hammer and recoil impluse looks pretty similar
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
But, what does the red button do?
View Quote

Do you know, how I know, that you are a dyed in the wool killer? I also bet you're cold blooded, clean, methodical and thorough...
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#39]
PERFECT movie/ TV gun . . . .

NEVER runs out of ammo
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Seems to adopt the bolt operate of the Kriss.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Hey while we're talking about fantasy guns with unrealistic physics...  I'd like a handgun that shoots guided projectiles.  The projectiles would also have the size and mass of telephone poles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top