Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2015 10:42:28 AM EDT
A thought popped into my head that through history, Americans vote democrat when times are good which facilitates a fucking on the economy and quality of life for the working class.  Then when the "oh shit" realization occurs, we bring in republicans to fix it.  Rinse and repeat.  This bullshit is like watching a pick-pocket in action and bumping into him on purpose.  True madness.

Maybe I'm wrong but I guess that was my deep thought for the day.

FBHO
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:07:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
A thought popped into my head that through history, Americans vote democrat when times are good which facilitates a fucking on the economy and quality of life for the working class.  Then when the "oh shit" realization occurs, we bring in republicans to fix it.  Rinse and repeat.  This bullshit is like watching a pick-pocket in action and bumping into him on purpose.  True madness.

Maybe I'm wrong but I guess that was my deep thought for the day.

FBHO
View Quote

Nope, it's all about the economy.  Reagan was president over a massively strong economy- at one point the US dollar was almost worth the same as the UK Pound- so he won reelection and it also led to Bush Sr being elected.  The economy tanked under him so the people elected Clinton. Clinton rode to immense popularity because of the tech boom, but once the economy started petering out at the end of his term, Gore lost and GWB won.  GWB did raise the economy a little bit which allowed him to be reelected, but then Obama came along and all the inner city people believed that electing a black president will magically make their lives better off.

Here in my state of CT we have one of the worst if not THE worst performing economies in the nation, so the Democrat controlled legislature passed a law allowing them to wait to reveal the finances of the state *after* the election.  All throughout the election last year, that damned pathological liar Malloy insisted the economy was growing and we had a budget surplus.  It wasn't even one flipping week after he won reelection on that platform that he turned around and announced "WHOOPS, sorry, I misspoke, there's no surplus and we're actually billions in the hole".  

Talk about yelling "SUCKER!"
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#2]
As said above, "it's the economy stupid", at least until 2008 and proved once again in 2012. Now it's about the feels and being historic. First black president, first female president, first gay president so forth and so on.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Perhaps, but the Left has their endgame in the works RIGHT NOW!  
The culmination of 40 yrs of social engineering is coming to a head, and the Cloward-Piven strategy and Alinsky models are in play.  Add wide spread voter fraud to that mix and the Right will never have the White House again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top