Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2015 9:15:42 AM EDT
I've been wanting a travel bar set for a while now. I've looked at buying one from the '60's/'70's but I want something a bit more durable but still has "character".
I've decided on using an aluminum milsurp aviator NV case.
I've already removed the bottom latches so it will be stable when sitting upright. I've riveted 2" web straps on both sides to hold the bottles in. I've riveted in 2x2" web hinges.

All I need now is FOAM! I've tried to use a surplus sleeping pad "system" to secure the bottles but failed miserably. I'm trying to keep the cost down.
I've checked on "pick and pluck" foam but it's pricey and I'm not sure if the weight of the contents will mash the foam to a point where it will become loose.

The end product will be able to hold...
Big Compartment:
- 1x1/2 gallon bottle
- 2x750ml bottles
Smaller Compartment:
- 2x16oz Tervis Tumblers
- 1xTervis Shaker
- Corkscrew
- Stirring Spoon
- Deck of Cards

The large side dimensions are roughly 14x15x9. The smaller side is roughly the same but not as deep.
I want it to be tough but light-weight and inexpensive but classy!
Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:19:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I used rinsed out "5-Hour Energy" bottles for various liquids.  They do make great single drink portions of various liquors.  If you need something to hold sweet vermouth or simple syrup or something....

You'll want a way to store small amounts of ingredients for interesting drinks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:27:34 AM EDT
[#2]

is there a Hobby Lobby in your area?

they should have many different types of foam.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top