Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2015 4:56:17 AM EDT
Finally Some one with the Balls to Say FHBO and build them here after the Sanctions Against Russia in July.

AK's and Shotguns . Check the comments for LOL'S

American Company building them from the ground up

LAS VEGAS (CNNMoney)
An American gun company has found a way around the anti-Russia sanctions that have banned imports of the Kalashnikov assault rifle: Make them here, in the U.S.A.
The U.S.-made gun will have same name as the original: AK-47, arguably the most ubiquitous assault rifle in the world.

The gun will be made by American company RWC, which is the official importer and distributor of Kalashnikov AK-47s. The company had to stop importing the guns after the U.S. imposed sanctions in July against Russia for its role in the Ukraine crisis.

RWC said it is not permitted to have any contact with the Russian company, Kalashnikov Concern, which makes the AK-47s.

RWC, based in Tullytown, Pa., has the rights to the AK-47 Kalashnikov brand of guns, which has been produced in the Soviet Union after World War II.
It is arguably one of the most famous firearm brands in the world. The original AK-47s are made by the 200-year-old Russian company, but it is one of the most copied assault rifles in the world with knock-offs made all over the globe, including China, Europe and the U.S.

Demand for Ak-47s -- already very high in the U.S. -- has surged after the sanctions.

For now, the company has enough guns to meet the demand.

"I have a lot of inventory on my shelf bought and paid for," McCrossin told CNNMoney in Las Vegas at the annual gun industry show. "We are permitted to sell these weapons because they were already in the U.S. But when the inventory goes down to zero, there are no more."

McCrossin plans to change that with a new factory that will make the first AK-47s in the U.S.

"In the second quarter of this year we are going to start manufacturing here in the U.S.," said McCrossin. "What I'm manufacturing are our own AK-47s and shotguns under the Kalashnikov brand."
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:58:05 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:58:06 AM EDT
[#2]
It had already been done for ..... six months AT LEAST.

PS FUCK YOU COMMIE FUCKS. A bunch of Americans started building them here in July 2014. 2014
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:01:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:01:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Century makes milled receiver AKs from scratch here in the US
IO Inc makes stamped receiver AKs from scratch here in US

it will not be a new........
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:03:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

CNN Headline NEWS....from last year.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:10:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From......yesterday.

Funny actually, you have one AK specific marketing channel pumping this like it's the second coming.....and then along comes derpy CNN to tell the rest of the story.

Never would have guessed I would have seen that.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:15:15 AM EDT
[#7]
The comments section... Apparently half of gun owners shoot themselves in their lifetime. Also if you use a gun that a criminal/terrorist has ever used you are the same as them. Our country is full of idiots.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:18:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

From......yesterday.

Funny actually, you have one AK specific marketing channel pumping this like it's the second coming.....and then along comes derpy CNN to tell the rest of the story.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From......yesterday.

I am commenting on the total late to the party BS reporting that CNN has come to symbolize. CNN is hyping this like it is something new and ground breaking with regard to the making of AKs domestically. When two companies started making 100% domestic AKs LAST YEAR.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:25:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I am commenting on the total late to the party BS reporting that CNN has come to symbolize. CNN is hyping this like it is something new and ground breaking with regard to the making of AKs domestically. When two companies started making 100% domestic AKs LAST YEAR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From......yesterday.

Gotcha (and I agree on that part.....even if it is like arguing first place at the special olympics).

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:12:20 AM EDT
[#10]
The cool thing to me about this is, if there was to be a ban on importation of parts kits it would have little effect on AK's now much like domestic AR's now. Look at what was available in the AR market prior to 1990 compared to now.
With AK's being domestically made more options and development will take place. Just like the stupid imported barrel ban that accomplished nothing other than made domestic barrel manufacturing explode and also caused otherwise shot out pitted kit barrels to be replaced with new barrels with sharp rifling. In a sense the ATF's imported barrel ban demanded foreign 'non sporting' rifles be more accurate .
If anything these anti-gun ban measures make these types of guns more popular and widely available. Nothing causes a man to buy something faster than the rumor of a ban, many would have otherwise never pursued buying one.
Unintended consequences and all that shit...

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:17:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:36:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Some of you kids are just never happy are you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top