Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/21/2015 12:16:33 AM EDT
..is he a thug?

Richard Sherman - Thug Life:
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:22:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Obnoxious.

Hopefully the Pats finish the job and detach his arm in the Super Bowl.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:22:23 AM EDT
[#2]
He's good and underneath it all he's pretty savvy.

But go ahead and hate him, he probably wants you to....
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:24:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Obnoxious.

View Quote

11 / 12 balls were under inflated,
nice work there pal
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:37:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Hell, I like the guy. He's one of the few I've seen that looks like he's having fun out there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#5]
He laughs all the way to the bank with said antics
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:40:37 AM EDT
[#6]
That is a very good video, thanks for posting that OP.
I hope his arm is OK for the Superbowl, he sure showed a lot of heart staying in the game on Sunday.

I may have to ad his jersey to compliment the Lynch one that I wear for Seahawks games.

Haters gonna hate !

Go Seahawks !

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:42:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, can't stand him. Not one ounce of class.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:45:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Probably the guy I like on that team the most.  He plays with emotion and confidence, how can you not like that?

Lynch?  Don't get me started.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:52:28 AM EDT
[#9]
He talks that shit to Gronk, he'll "get thrown out the club."

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:53:31 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Obnoxious.

View Quote
Oh, yeah, he's the obnoxious one.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:55:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Sure.  

But the Seahawks will still win.  

Why do you care about this anyway?

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:55:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't like him, never have.  I wouldn't give a damn what team he plays for...

He is a clown, and that is why people love him...

Keep on perpetuating the stereotype there Ricky...

Oh and I hear that they are doing some kind of tribute to Obama at the SB this year.  YAY!!! I just can't wait!!

NOT...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:56:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote
He's damn good at marketing himself.  Most defensive players don't get the attention, and therefore the endorsements, that the higher profile offensive players do.  He's managing to simultaneously get into his opponents' heads, AND make himself talked about and more attractive to sponsorship deals.
Hell, I think half the reason he asked Rodgers, at the end of the week 1 game, if he (Rodgers) had intentionally avoided him was to stay in his head, for the next time they played each other...maybe it worked, because even with one arm, Rodgers avoided him.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:57:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:57:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Trash talk is part of the game and he's a master at it. Of course, it doesn't hurt that he can back it up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:58:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

You have anyone in mind with class?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
He's damn good at marketing himself.  Most defensive players don't get the attention, and therefore the endorsements, that the higher profile offensive players do.  He's managing to simultaneously get into his opponents' heads, AND make himself talked about and more attractive to sponsorship deals.

Hell, I think half the reason he asked Rodgers, at the end of the week 1 game, if he (Rodgers) had intentionally avoided him was to stay in his head, for the next time they played each other...maybe it worked, because even with one arm, Rodgers avoided him.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's some Michael Jordan level trolling right there.  I read a story once about Jordan playing against Mugsy Bogues and calling him short all the time and stuff.  Bogues said he never got it out of his head and it really screwed him up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:01:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Oh and I hear that they are doing some kind of tribute to Obama at the SB this year.  YAY!!! I just can't wait!!

NOT...
View Quote

Watch the video.

He seems like a real decent chap to me, and has a good family. His dad reminds me of my dad (immense work ethic).
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:01:13 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't think he's a thug. His job is high stakes and high profile. And he's damn good at it. There is a mental aspect of the game, and I think he takes full advantage of it. Lots of guys talk shit. Look at the part about the Brady tweet. Brady was talking shit first, and Sherman showed him up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:04:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
He talks that shit to Gronk, he'll "get thrown out the club."

http://youtu.be/-Fn-H1S6YLQ
View Quote

Except Sherman brings his little friend.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Trash talk is part of the game and he's a master at it. Of course, it doesn't hurt that he can back it up.
View Quote

Yep, too many Nancies on here thing talking trash is being a thug or makes you "classless."

Shit, I talked trash on the football field, basketball court and on the diamond constantly because I knew I could back it up. I guess I'm a terrible lowlife!
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:06:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I don't think he's a thug. His job is high stakes and high profile. And he's damn good at it. There is a mental aspect of the game, and I think he takes full advantage of it. Lots of guys talk shit. Look at the part about the Brady tweet. Brady was talking shit first, and Sherman showed him up.
View Quote

No, Sherman was yapping at Brady before the game and Brady responded with something like "We'll see after the game."

Of course, Seattle wouldn't have won if not for the worst pass interference in the end zone no call in NFL history.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:06:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Watch the video.

He seems like a real decent chap to me, and has a good family. His dad reminds me of my dad (immense work ethic).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOT...

Watch the video.

Oh a broken clock is right twice a day...I don't think he is all bad...I just think when he is bad he really is...

He uses the race card often and I don't particularly like that...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:08:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Watch the video.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOT...

Watch the video.

That's what I got from watching the video.

I got nothing but respect for his parents. I'd be happy to have them as neighbors.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Obnoxious is a good word to describe him.

I'd say much more COC words but he's not worth the lock. Fuck him. Hopefully someone, somewhere, someday, puts him in his place.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:11:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Oh a broken clock is right twice a day...I don't think he is all bad...I just think when he is bad he really is...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOT...

Watch the video.

With all due respect can you please show an example ?
Your perspective of the race card is something that I have not considered, personally I don't see it but would appreciate your insight.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:13:57 AM EDT
[#27]
I didn't have an opinion of him until he made a video promoting obungocare, now him and Russel Wilson can go choke on zeros cock.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:14:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Your perspective of the race card is something that I have not considered, personally I don't see it but would appreciate your insight.
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPSiOCC8nvc

This is just one example...

He equates the usage of the word thug, to Ni****....

It's just insane...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:15:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOT...

Watch the video.

He's a big time race baiter. Just a few months ago he was implying that the Eagles cut one player because he was black. Yep, NFL teams are always trying to keep black guys off their rosters.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:15:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Can he play football?  Yes!  Is he good?  Yes!!  Does that make him a wonderful person who doesn't try to use race to his advantage?  Well I guess you have to ask yourself that question...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:17:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

NOT...
View Quote

The stereotype where young black men graduate from Stanford and then become famous and well spoken?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:17:41 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote

Agree 100%.  I lol at people who get upset that he's the best at talking shit.....in a league of players who all talk shit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:19:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One completion for 6 yards, one INT. In two separate games. That's an MVP quarterback right there.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:20:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The stereotype where young black men graduate from Stanford and then become famous and well spoken?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOT...

Shit you think he is well spoken??? You must have been talking to the people who voted for Obama *lol*

I don't like him, however that doesn't take away from what he does on the field.  You will never hear me say he is a bad player.  What I think about him personally is a different story...

Oh and by the way there are tons of young black men who graduate from college all the time who don't act/ speak like most of these THUGS do that are in sports or the entertainment industry period...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:21:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I'd say much more COC words but he's not worth the lock. Fuck him. Hopefully someone, somewhere, someday, puts him in his place.
View Quote

Lol. U mad bro?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:21:21 AM EDT
[#36]
I like him. I wish he were on me team.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:23:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Lol. U mad bro?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. U mad bro?

Nah... just don't like him.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:24:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It's just insane...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just insane...

Hes probably right about that..just like some folks use the word "ghetto" the same way...folks get pissed and want to say it but know they can't...steam had to blow off some way..watching ferguson on tv and someone says thug you know damn well what they mean...but hell could you blame them?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:26:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

It's just insane...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just insane...

If he was a white guy no one would be calling him a thug (or meth dealing trailer trash, the white guy equivalent of thug) in this thread. Look at that Andrews interview. No profanity, no Ebonics: just a passionate and articulate guy. Nothing thug life about it. But because he's a black guy being arrogant he's a thug. It seems legit. Just because liberals accuse everyone of being racist for no reason, doesn't mean some stuff isn't actually racist.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:27:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's just insane...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just insane...

Thanks for that, I remember that now.
You are correct, he did inject that a little deep but from my perspective I see that coming from a lot of NFL players so it's not a big deal.
Considering where he comes from and where he has gotten to, I can digest why he was saying that.
Most NFL players have a chip on their shoulder (black or white) and enjoy the platform offered to get their digs in.

Either way I still feel he is all business on the field and the OP video (although two dimensional) shows him to be a class act off the field.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:28:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Brady and Belichick don't give a shit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:29:45 AM EDT
[#42]
I don't hate him but I REALLY don't like him

He is the only reason I care who wins the Super Bowl......Go Patriots
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:30:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Shit you think he is well spoken??? You must have been talking to the people who voted for Obama *lol*

I don't like him, however that doesn't take away from what he does on the field.  You will never hear me say he is a bad player.  What I think about him personally is a different story...

Oh and by the way there are tons of young black men who graduate from college all the time who don't act/ speak like most of these THUGS do that are in sports or the entertainment industry period...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOT...

He doesn't speak like a thug. Show me an interview of him going "Yo yo yo, sup my n••••s. Straight cash homie." Or whatever the hell the kids are saying these days. Watch the Andrews interview. He's super pumped because it's an incredibly adrenaline filled emotional moment, but he communicates clearly.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:33:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Hes probably right about that..just like some folks use the word "ghetto" the same way...folks get pissed and want to say it but know they can't...steam had to blow off some way..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just insane...

Hes probably right about that..just like some folks use the word "ghetto" the same way...folks get pissed and want to say it but know they can't...steam had to blow off some way..

Look at "Amish" and "dindu" on here. Thug is the non arfcom equivalent. If Sherman was wearing his pants around his ass and had a grill and you had to edit fuck and n•••a out of every one of his quotes then yeah "thug" would apply. But "He's a black guy and an asshole so I'll compare him to a drug dealing gang banger" is racist.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:39:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If he was a white guy no one would be calling him a thug (or meth dealing trailer trash, the white guy equivalent of thug) in this thread. Look at that Andrews interview. No profanity, no Ebonics: just a passionate and articulate guy. Nothing thug life about it. But because he's a black guy being arrogant he's a thug. It seems legit. Just because liberals accuse everyone of being racist for no reason, doesn't mean some stuff isn't actually racist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just insane...

But we aren't talking about a white guy right now...We are talking about Ricky...Now I understand that no one wants to be called any names...Thug at that..But to equate Thug to the N word is a stretch for me..Hey it's just my opinion...I might be wrong, doesn't happen often but it does occasionally...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:42:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

But we aren't talking about a white guy right now...We are talking about Ricky...Now I understand that no one wants to be called any names...Thug at that..But to equate Thug to the N word is a stretch for me..Hey it's just my opinion...I might be wrong, doesn't happen often but it does occasionally...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just insane...

You have a very valid point there.
Thugs here are called thugs because of their actions, regardless of their skin colour.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:46:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's just insane...

Personally I think he took it the wrong way.  They were using the word "thug" with respect to the NFL world, not the world in general.  A guy could be mild mannered off the field, but his on field play might be considered "thuggish" to me.  But it's a big stretch to equate thug with ni****.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:47:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You have a very valid point there.
Thugs here are called thugs because of their actions, regardless of their skin colour.
View Quote

I think he was called a thug because of his antics...No one cares that he went to Stanford etc...One bad act can ruin all the good...Ask me how I know...

That being said the people who are super racist are calling him the N word...They don't need to hide behind other words...As for people on here, when dindu and Amish and thug are used, I never think you are talking about me, because that is not what I portray...

It's not what you are called, it's what you answer to...

IJS
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:47:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's a racist stereotype that doesn't apply to him but he gets called it anyway. It'd be like a black guy calling Donald Trump trailer trash because he's a jerk.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:50:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It's a racist stereotype that doesn't apply to him but he gets called it anyway. It'd be like a black guy calling Donald Trump trailer trash because he's a jerk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are saying that because you like Sherman...Trust me if it was someone you didn't like, you would feel the same way I do *lol*

Thug is not racial at all...I call white guys Thugs all the time....You know the Gratata guy?  Yeah he is a thug and he is surely not black...Thug applies to anyone who acts thuggish...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top