Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2015 10:31:10 PM EDT
I can't believe that it has been 8 years since this happened. I wonder how many people got their carry permits because of this case.

https://homeguntraining.wordpress.com/2015/01/14/the-murder-of-channon-christian-and-chris-newsom-4/
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:37:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing to see here.  Move along.  

#whitelivesmatter
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember reading about this back in 2007 and resolving to get my carry permit that year.  What a nightmare...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:35:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Shitty thing to have happen, hopefully people learned a lesson. by these two dying a slow horrible death
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:39:57 AM EDT
[#4]
rrrrrrrrrr
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:43:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Happened near me.

Watched the trials almost everyday.

Haven`t heard of anyone around me getting CCW permits just because of this event. Maybe the next time, won`t be a next time.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:06:56 AM EDT
[#6]
CCW is good, but I'm sure there's more to learn from this case.

How did the initial abduction go down? I assume they had their vehicle doors unlocked?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:13:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Had the opportunity to listen to a forensic panel from the multiple agencies that investigated this.  It was heartbreaking to hear the torture that both of these kids endured.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:56:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Had the opportunity to listen to a forensic panel from the multiple agencies that investigated this.  It was heartbreaking to hear the torture that both of these kids endured.
View Quote

I'd like to hear about some justice for the families & punishment for the perps.  Fat chance, I know...
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:45:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'd like to hear about some justice for the families & punishment for the perps.  Fat chance, I know...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Goes against the media's agenda. Now if the colors were reversed...

#blackcriminalslivesmattermore

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:33:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 6:42:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

How did the initial abduction go down? I assume they had their vehicle doors unlocked?
View Quote

Basically it all started out as a carjacking.

The kids were visiting some friends at a party and the perps were out looking to jack a car. Wrong place, wrong time.

BTW, I live in the same city.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I never heard about this until I read about it on arfcom some time ago. And I am a news junkie. Whatever happened to the perps?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:44:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I've lost sleep over this.
Makes me sick
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:49:32 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Democrats hide atrocities by Democrats.

View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:55:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Only black lives matter, haven't you heard?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:58:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Wasn't  an accomplice to the perps up for parole recently?  I remember reading something about it, but I don't know the outcome.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This story was all over the media  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I heard about it on an MMA website a year after it happened. This story got zero attention from the national mainstream media. This particular crime was what pushed me off the fence to begin carrying 24/7.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:45:31 AM EDT
[#19]
That the perps live is offensive.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:53:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Democrats hide atrocities by Democrats.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#21]
As a firearms instructor I have people coming to me all of the time to get "their" CCW vs pistol training.  I am quick to
explain that the permit does nothing to protect you from violence.  What I tell them is the ability to
defend yourself is what will protect you.  Learning how to "effectively" carry and use a firearm is paramount,
along with other self defense techniques, situational awareness and the continued training and practice.
Somehow, people believe the CCW badge is going to make the difference and it ain't.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is true that the bulk of the initial news reportage about the Newsom/Christian murders was local (predominantly in Tennessee, where the crimes took place, and in neighboring Kentucky) while the case received little or no national coverage by major news outlets
Read more at http://www.snopes.com/Politics/crime/newsom.asp#fKM5hoKWCZpGBWA4.99      (per snopes, take it for what it is)
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:15:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Every time I look at this case I rage.

I don't think I can say anything without violating the COC.  I'm really surprised the dad held it together....I can't say anything about this either due to COC.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was reported, yes.

The people who control the liberal media outlets "sometimes" have to report things which do not fit the "agenda."

However, it was not given the 24/7/365 top of the hour coverage that it would have been given had the race roles been reversed.

These people have not been completely successful in creating a truly Orwellian propaganda apparatus YET, but that doesn't mean they aren't trying.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Shitty thing to have happen, hopefully people learned a lesson. by these two dying a slow horrible death
View Quote

It never made the NY Times.  Did it really happen?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#28]
+1 carry permit
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

They were making out in the car while it was parked. ("Task fixation")
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:57:59 PM EDT
[#30]
And to think, not long ago someone was asking if evil exists.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:00:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Nothing to see here. Isolated incident. Workplace violence.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Nothing to see here. Isolated incident. Workplace violence.
View Quote

Violent but understandable extremism provoked by systemic racism and lack of adequate educational opportunities.

This is why free community college is so important.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top