Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2015 6:35:30 PM EDT

President Barack Obama will visit Selma, Alabama, in March to mark the 50th anniversary of civil rights demonstrators’ march across the state to Montgomery, the White House said Tuesday.

The trip is slated for March 7, an official said, and will “highlight the president and his administration’s overall efforts to mark the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Voting Rights Act of 1965.”

View Quote

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/01/obama-selma-visit-2015-114400.html
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you seen us
Uncle Remus
We sho' do look fine in these clothes (yes we do)
Unless we get sprayed with a hose
It ain't bad in the day
When they squirt it your way
'Cept in the winter when its froze
And its hard when it hits on your nose

RIP Frank...
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]
well, isn't that special....
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh, good for him.

Our Social Warrior President doing what he does.

He sure doesn't know shit about economics, military strategy, or foreign diplomacy. At least he can go give a speech somewhere from time to time instead of vacationing
and golfing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#4]
In before the speech attempting to make me feel bad for my God-given white privilege.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I drive through selma twice a week. Nothing to see but projects, liquor stores, cash advance stores, and hoodlums drinking beer at 10 am on a work day.

Lucky bastards.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#6]
He won't miss another chance to bad mouth America and say how fucked up we are.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuckin' race pimp.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#8]
meh , maybe a GSD will bite him in the ass.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:20:00 PM EDT
[#9]
but he can't make it to France
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:23:45 PM EDT
[#10]
The most racially divisive president ever stirring more resentment and hatred?  Who would have thought?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I drive through selma twice a week. Nothing to see but projects, liquor stores, cash advance stores, and hoodlums drinking beer at 10 am on a work day.

Lucky bastards.
View Quote

They have probably already sent a security team down there and in a small town like that they will stick out like sore thumbs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:50:33 PM EDT
[#12]
And they still won't get an Oscar for Selma
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#13]
And the best post from the local news issss.......

Robert Trent Jones is a golf course btw

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope he flies into Montgomery or Maxwell instead of Birmingham.

I'm sure all of the local black leaders will be there to fellate him in public and give him fist bumps.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Obama Was Born In 1961, 4 YEARS BEFORE The 1965 Selma March.

In His Selma Speech, Obama Said His Parents “Got Together” And He Was Born As A Result Of The Selma March. Obama: “Because some folks were willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama, Jr. was born. So don’t tell me I don’t have a claim on Selma, Alabama.” (Senator Barack Obama, Remarks At Brown Chapel AME Church, Selma, AL, 3/4/07)

“Earlier In The Day At A Prayer Breakfast, The Illinois Democrat Said: ‘If It Hadn't Been For Selma, I Wouldn’t Be Here.’” (Anne E. Kornblut and Peter Whoriskey, “Clinton, Obama Link Selma March To Present,” The Washington Post, 3/5/07)

Wonder if he will repeat the lie?  I'd guess yes as the media won't cover the lying part.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm sure all of the local black leaders will be there to fellate him in public and give him fist bumps.

View Quote

Most likely.

I will say it was kinda cool seeing AF1 sitting at Maxwell where Bush visited. But the SS cleared the streets of people, made them go in doors.

Also got to see the SUV full of hair gelled operators go by with boom sticks hanging out of every window.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:21:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

He probably will.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Obama Was Born In 1961, 4 YEARS BEFORE The 1965 Selma March.

In His Selma Speech, Obama Said His Parents “Got Together” And He Was Born As A Result Of The Selma March. Obama: “Because some folks were willing to march across a bridge. So they got together and Barack Obama, Jr. was born. So don’t tell me I don’t have a claim on Selma, Alabama.” (Senator Barack Obama, Remarks At Brown Chapel AME Church, Selma, AL, 3/4/07)

“Earlier In The Day At A Prayer Breakfast, The Illinois Democrat Said: ‘If It Hadn't Been For Selma, I Wouldn’t Be Here.’” (Anne E. Kornblut and Peter Whoriskey, “Clinton, Obama Link Selma March To Present,” The Washington Post, 3/5/07)

Wonder if he will repeat the lie?  I'd guess yes as the media won't cover the lying part.
View Quote

That makes me wonder if Obama really is who he thinks he is.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:02:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Wouldn't be funny as hell if someone traced his father's ancestry and they happened to be the ones selling fellow Africans as slaves.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Obama's dad's tribe in Africa were slave traders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top