Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/20/2015 1:45:57 PM EDT
I was kissing my ass goodbye and I wasn't even there.    Good thing that truck driver was from New Jersey though.  They know how to drive in bad weather because he's from the north.

http://youtu.be/5toFOOHCac0

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Pucker factor in full effect when you see that happen so close to you.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#2]
He caught a little air there.

I give him a 8.9
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#3]
My step-dad works for Estes. (Not a driver.) Will forward.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Must be a typo.  Can't be a northern driver.  They know how to drive on snow and ice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Guy in the car is a turd. He sat while the truck almost hit him, then left the guy sitting in a burning car  across the highway .
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:53:52 PM EDT
[#6]
So you see a out of control truck heading towards you and you think the best course of action is to just sit there and watch? Really?

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guy in the car is a turd. He sat while the truck almost hit him, then left the guy sitting in a burning car  across the highway .
View Quote

why should he be late because someone else can't drive?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your diagnosis, but that was still an active scene.  You can see the Estes truck get hit at least once after it came to a stop, it would be extraordinarily dangerous for somebody to get out of their vehicle and go running around in that mess.  Car on fire with unknown entrapments is one of those instances where I'd consider it, though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't believe a tractor and tandem trailers jumped that guardrail and remained upright.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:55:25 PM EDT
[#10]
That would make an awesome "In" meme.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your diagnosis, but that was still an active scene.  You can see the Estes truck get hit at least once after it came to a stop, it would be extraordinarily dangerous for somebody to get out of their vehicle and go running around in that mess.  Car on fire with unknown entrapments is one of those instances where I'd consider it, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he was getting ready to go over there but saw an Obama bumper sticker and changed his mind
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#12]
...and like a typical rude NJ driver, then proceeds to just drive away without even seeing if the guy was alright.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#13]
My first thought was he should check on the truck driver (heart attack, etc.), then I saw that it got hit by another vehicle, so . . . then the car on fire.

Yeah, video guy is douche.  Stop taking video and call 911 at a minimum.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:05:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think he was getting ready to go over there but saw an Obama bumper sticker and changed his mind
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's Jersey.

Everyone is an Obama voter, whether they wanted to or not.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#15]
My question would be, why was he just stopped there half way on the left shoulder?  You can hear the clicking sound for his hazard lights, which made me think he was having car trouble.  But after that wreck he says lets go and decides to drive off.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It's Jersey.

Everyone is an Obama voter, whether they wanted to or not.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:07:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My question would be, why was he just stopped there half way on the left shoulder?  You can hear the clicking sound for his hazard lights, which made me think he was having car trouble.  But after that wreck he says lets go and decides to drive off.
View Quote

That's the protocol for professional icy road condition drivers.  He's from the north.  He should know.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:08:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe the Truck driver should have slowed the fuck down in freezing rain and icy road conditions instead of losing control of his vehicle and putting multiple lives at risk.

Like the snowstorm video a week or so ago, fucking morons just kept plowing into the back of the multiple car/truck pile-up because they can't be bothered to slow down in low visibility and low traction situations.  Fuck them all.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:10:57 PM EDT
[#20]
At least he stopped to check on the guy.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Video clearly shows him waiting in line to get around a jackknifed tractor trailer before he turns the camera around to see Mr. Get-Outta-Muh-Way trucker come barreling up behind him.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm almost sorry the semi did not hit the driver of the truck....
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:15:34 PM EDT
[#23]
AND he held his phone the correct way
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:16:25 PM EDT
[#24]
They don't call double trailers wiggle wagons for nothing. It does not take much before the driver becomes a passenger in the front seat of a roller coaster gone off the rails.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So you see a out of control truck heading towards you and you think the best course of action is to just sit there and watch? Really?

View Quote

give him some credit.. he recorded in landscape
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Video clearly shows him waiting in line to get around a jackknifed tractor trailer before he turns the camera around to see Mr. Get-Outta-Muh-Way trucker come barreling up behind him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah Duh.  I guess I wasn't paying attention to the first part of the video.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:19:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They don't call double trailers wiggle wagons for nothing. It does not take much before the driver becomes a passenger in the front seat of a roller coaster gone off the rails.
View Quote

pups looked empty, ....his shorts are a different subject

Either way, he was driving too fast for conditions. He will have a job at FedEx next week.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Either way, he was driving too fast for conditions. He will have a job at FedEx next week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Crazy thing about it too is it's usually the newbs stuck in those things. No one wants to fool with them and they pay incentive if any is not usually enough to attract the more experienced drivers to drive them.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:23:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I hope never to see that in real life.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:27:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

...and like a typical rude NJ driver, then proceeds to just drive away without even seeing if the guy was alright.

Maybe, just maybe, he did stop to help. He just wasn't stupid enough to stay where he was and moved to a safer location before exiting the vehicle...

From another article regarding the same incident:

"Once I turned off camera, I called in 911 and reported the accident. After that I came to the truck and the rest of the cars to verify they were alright.After arrival of NJ State Trooper and his dismissal confirming that he does not require my presence, I left the scene."
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:28:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Stuck the landing. Nice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View Quote
  Appeared to be  stopped  or barely rolling IN the left lane,  jackass is probably  dead by now.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
  Appeared to be  stopped  or barely rolling IN the left lane,  jackass is probably  dead by now.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a truck sideways across the highway in front of him.  Where was he supposed to be?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I can't believe a tractor and tandem trailers jumped that guardrail and remained upright.
View Quote
I think it's empty.  You can see in the back one at one point and it looks empty. Plus, it flies like it's empty.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:55:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I bet the person taking this vid drove a bit and pulled over to run in the bushes/trees to remove his undies and toss them.  I bet it was full.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Maybe the Truck driver should have slowed the fuck down in freezing rain and icy road conditions instead of losing control of his vehicle and putting multiple lives at risk.

Like the snowstorm video a week or so ago, fucking morons just kept plowing into the back of the multiple car/truck pile-up because they can't be bothered to slow down in low visibility and low traction situations.  Fuck them all.
View Quote

Full Retard much?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I always heard them called WidowMakers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Nice semi. Take it off any sweet jumps?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#39]
guy that filmed that is a POS. didn't even bother to se if the semi driver was okay.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:35:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't think the jack-knifed semi in front of him had something to do with that?

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
guy that filmed that is a POS. didn't even bother to se if the semi driver was okay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe, just maybe, he did stop to help. He just wasn't stupid enough to stay where he was and moved to a safer location before exiting the vehicle...

"Once I turned off camera, I called in 911 and reported the accident. After that I came to the truck and the rest of the cars to verify they were alright.After arrival of NJ State Trooper and his dismissal confirming that he does not require my presence, I left the scene."
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:15:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where would you go? You don't know where the truck will go. All you can do is hope that he doesn't hit you.

Someone hit the trailer after the truck came to a stop. You can see it lurch forward and hear the thud. The car driver already saw the truck that spun out in front of him. If you get out, you're begging to be the cause and victim of another collision.

A friend in N.J. said the roads iced suddenly and it wasn't forecast. As much as I hate New Jersey, notice that it didn't turn into a 150 car pile-up. They actually do know what they're doing.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are there any conclusions I can jump to left?

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#44]
The roads that day were horrible. 400+ accidents reported in the morning hours by state police alone.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Wow, did the truck jump the guard rail or something when it hit? You only get to see the trailer riding over the guard rail from that camera angle.

And ice and ice, a few weeks ago during that bad 190+ car pileup on I-94, I was driving on one of the main road and doing about 30 or 35. I was about 300 or so feet from an intersection when the lights went from Green to Red. I tried to stop and just went through the red light. Luckily, nobody was at the stop light to cross my path, and so once I was almost right at the stop light, I just put the foot back on the pedal and kept on driving. So it doesn't really matter about "experience". And really the only trick to driving on ice or snow is to drive slow enough to stop. There is no magic trick that a northerner can imply by saying he/she was born in the north and are just skilled at driving in it.

ETA: Scratch that, it does show the truck itself jumping the guard rail as it hit.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:39:35 PM EDT
[#46]
I have to wonder if the truck driver did about the only thing he could to keep from crushing the camera guy or crashing into the other stopped vehicles. Across the median looked like the only open space and driver took his truck over two guard rails and kept it upright. By design or a screwup, I don't know.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:41:08 PM EDT
[#47]
sonofabitch
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#48]
I didn't see a car on fire. I saw headlights and hazard flashers.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I didn't see a car on fire. I saw headlights and hazard flashers.
View Quote

The truck hit it. It's in the express lanes, on the outside of the truck at the end of the video.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#50]
I drove past that area around 11:30 that day.  Roads were terrible, the ice was unexpected.  Traffic was generally moving around 40 MPH, normal is 70 MPH+.  Lots of little fender benders.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top