Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2015 9:01:24 AM EDT
Here's my situation.

I have a workshop/office in another part of town that I'd like to occasionally watch a little TV such as the news, etc..It currently has a dedicated hotspot that provides unlimited data of about 2 mb down.  

To drop cable in will run me over $180 per month as it's a commercial location so I was looking at options such as slingbox. The plan would be to associate with the cable (verizon fios) at the house and then access TV and the workshop via the hotspot and my laptop.

Any thoughts on how to best solve this?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:45:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Here's my situation.

I have a workshop/office in another part of town that I'd like to occasionally watch a little TV such as the news, etc..It currently has a dedicated hotspot that provides unlimited data of about 2 mb down.  

To drop cable in will run me over $180 per month as it's a commercial location so I was looking at options such as slingbox. The plan would be to associate with the cable (verizon fios) at the house and then access TV and the workshop via the hotspot and my laptop.

Any thoughts on how to best solve this?
View Quote

I am temporarily using a slingbox in my newly set up home office until I get off my ass and run cables.

Slingbox is hooked up to my directv receiver in the other room, slingbox app running on my ipad. From there it is being streamed to a Roku hooked to the tv with the slingbox app running on it.
The only downside is channel changes are slow/clunky. Otherwise it works well, have the tv on in the background most of the day when I am working out here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top