Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2015 11:04:45 PM EDT
I keep seeing their ads on TV. I'm sick of Chase and their fees and lack of service. I like that Ally doesn't charge ATM fees and will reimburse you for fees accrued by other banks. One thing that is a little troubling is the fact that they have no provisions for depositing cash. It doesn't happen often, but every now and then, I need to deposit some greenbacks. What does the hive think?

Mike F
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I work for a competitor of Chase.  I think they are a great bank.

Ally is a rebranded GMAC.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Get a credit union.  Best of the worst...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Eeek! I just found this:

https://www.creditkarma.com/reviews/banking

Ally doesn't seem so great.

I wish my Credit Union was more convenient than it is (www.msufcu.com). Plus, their website is HORRIBLE.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I have them, I like bring able to deposit checks with a smart phone. A checking account and savings account even collect interest.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
The rebranding of the old GMAC, IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, formerly GMAC. Used to lease a chevy back in 2009 under GMAC then name went Ally.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Ive used ally for a while now. No problems. good interest compared to other banks. If you need to talk to someone, their phone menu system isnt very frustrating like most banks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top