Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 9:37:06 PM EDT
If you were invited to be a  guest cast member/driver for one episode, which would it be?
Edit: Which car would you have wanted to drive?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:37:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to try my hand at Star* in a Reasonably Priced Car

*Arfcom Star.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Clarkson since he tends to test the coolest shit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd totally drive one of the backup cars for a special.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I would have killed to take my raptor along with them during the newest Patagonia special, or the search for the source of the river Nile special, or the amazon special..
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would have killed to take my raptor along with them during the newest Patagonia special, or the search for the source of the river Nile special, or the amazon special..
View Quote

Pagani Zonda
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The North Pole special was awesome.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#7]
The road trip thru Italy in 3 supercars . Any one of them would have been fine
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

*Arfcom Star.
View Quote

You can actually buy that as an event . It is not that expensive . I looked at it .
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:03:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I liked the earlier seasons where Clarkson would race a car against Hammond and May in mass transit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The road trip thru Italy in 3 supercars . Any one of them would have been fine
View Quote

Yep or the episode in Romania.  Which ever episode it was where Hammond took the Green GT3 I would have done the same.   Also when they came through my home town area to Willow Springs to be chased by planes.   I would have liked that one as well.   Near as I figured I missed meeting the 3 of them by 12 hours.  When the news hit here that they were in Vegas heading to San Diego I signed up and posted on Clarksons twitter then went to bed.   I merely suggested they come through my area for the 2 giant test tracks and 3 different actual race tracks.

If I had checked it before going to work in the morning, rather than going to work to check when I got home, I would have seen they deleted my twitter comment.  There were dozens of pics from the film crew showing pictures from around Willow Springs.

Would have been all the hint needed for me to run out to the desert to see if I could stalk them and figure out where they were going.   Why?   To get an autograph on the rear wing of my cobra so I could mount it on the wall.

No shit those guys have the single best job in the world.   I hold them in higher regard, in terms of wanting to meet them, than wanting to meet the president.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:12:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You can actually buy that as an event . It is not that expensive . I looked at it .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

*Arfcom Star.

175 pounds for 2 laps. Not bad.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Clarkson's personal Ford GT
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Road Trip Across America
(Ferrari 458, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Mercedes SLS)

or

Supercars Across Italy

(Lamborghini Aventador, McLaren MP4-12C, Noble M600)
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#14]
There is not one job I can think of that would be more fun then being a host on Top Gear. I'll look like the biggest idiot on earth to do some of the shit they do.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The North Pole special was awesome.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Perfect Road Trip.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:21:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't know what episode it was, but I want to ride shotgun with The Stig driving this. Sure I would like a go at it, but I think the thing would scare me too much to really get the same experience.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:45:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:01:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Now THAT is a glaring example of damning with faint praise!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

>snip< I hold them in higher regard, in terms of wanting to meet them, than wanting to meet the president.

If I can get the chance to do it I want to go back to England to meet them.  1 1/2 week vacation with getting to be on set for two in studio productions.   I dont know if they are cocks outside of the show/set.   I just know I had a shot at actually meeting them when they were at Willow Springs.

There was a day when I was younger that I got to meet Dennis Chalker and Harry Humpries during an LE shoot.   That was pretty cool after having read about a bunch of their conquests.

But honestly, the Top Gear guys have the better job.

Meet the President or meet the guys from Top Gear.   Easy choice for me, I will pick the 3 foreigners I respect every time over the lone foreigner I dont respect.

My bucket list dream vacation would be to start in Italy to drive up through a bunch of the roads they drove only to end in Germany for a few runs around the ring on open track day.   Would also like to hump Sabine Schmidts leg.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:11:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Series 18 - Episode one.  

Noble, Aventador, and MP4-12c around Imola, trying to beat the stig.  The visceral look on their faces as they were trying to beat The Stig's time reminds me of why I love racing so much.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If I can get the chance to do it I want to go back to England to meet them.  1 1/2 week vacation with getting to be on set for two in studio productions.   I dont know if they are cocks outside of the show/set.   I just know I had a shot at actually meeting them when they were at Willow Springs.

There was a day when I was younger that I got to meet Dennis Chalker and Harry Humpries during an LE shoot.   That was pretty cool after having read about a bunch of their conquests.

Meet the President or meet the guys from Top Gear.   Easy choice for me, I will pick the 3 foreigners I respect every time over the lone foreigner I dont respect.

My bucket list dream vacation would be to start in Italy to drive up through a bunch of the roads they drove only to end in Germany for a few runs around the ring on open track day.   Would also like to hump Sabine Schmidts leg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

>snip< I hold them in higher regard, in terms of wanting to meet them, than wanting to meet the president.

I know Jeremy and Hamster are pretty cool guys (friend met them when they were in the US), don't know about James.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:17:17 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd like to drive that Enzo or a Zonda.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:18:51 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm surprised nobody picked the episode in SE Asia when they were on scooters.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:23:56 AM EDT
[#25]
SE Asia on scooters looked miserable and cold.

There's a scene in that one where they're sitting around a small table drinking beer late into the night. Must have been three dozen bottles crammed on that table. Those guys can drink.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:29:33 AM EDT
[#26]
The one where Hammond drove the F1 car, they worked him up from lessor formula cars to Alonso's V10 championship car.

After that it would have been May's top speed run in the Veyron.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:30:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I don't know what episode it was, but I want to ride shotgun with The Stig driving this. Sure I would like a go at it, but I think the thing would scare me too much to really get the same experience.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8a/ArielAtomGoodwood.jpg/1920px-ArielAtomGoodwood.jpg
View Quote

My realistic dream car
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:46:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:48:29 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
SE Asia on scooters looked miserable and cold.
View Quote

Yeah, but looked fun as hell though.

I'd go with their amphibious car build to transit The Channel.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 1:55:09 AM EDT
[#30]
I don't know, the U-2 flight was pretty epic.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:05:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't know, the U-2 flight was pretty epic.
View Quote

Was that part of Top Gear?
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:07:11 AM EDT
[#32]
just finished the special tonight.

fuck Argentina.  

Was interesting to see their logistics crew though.   31 members of film crew, what looked like a baja style support hauler, several land rovers and a couple trucks.

When they rolled through the US and through my home town that was part of what I wanted to see.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:09:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'd totally drive one of the backup cars for a special.
View Quote

This is going to be the best answer in the whole thread.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:09:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:11:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I know Jeremy and Hamster are pretty cool guys (friend met them when they were in the US), don't know about James.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

May is the coolest of them all.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:13:05 AM EDT
[#36]
I'd put my IROC on the track. Not the one in my avatar

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:22:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:33:45 AM EDT
[#38]
I can't remember if it was the trip through Europe but they were in search of the best road in the world. When they panned out from their aerial it was nothing but glorious turns as far as the eye could see surrounded by beautiful mountains and countryside. Never having been to Europe that sure seemed like a good way to burn some time

The biathlon episode which I think was part of the Winter Olympic episode looked like great fun. I would hang out with them anywhere anytime. Makes me even more bummed they are dropping it off Netflix. Really wanted to finish it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:35:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I can't remember if it was the trip through Europe but they were in search of the best road in the world. When they panned out from their aerial it was nothing but glorious turns as far as the eye could see surrounded by beautiful mountains and countryside. Never having been to Europe that sure seemed like a good way to burn some time

The biathlon episode which I think was part of the Winter Olympic episode looked like great fun. I would hang out with them anywhere anytime. Makes me even more bummed they are dropping it off Netflix. Really wanted to finish it.
View Quote

It was Europe, Romania, or some little backwater like that. (Sorry Romania! )

Hopefully they renegotiate something and it doesn't disappear, though what's on Netflix isn't "truly" Top Gear.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:36:34 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

just finished the special tonight.

fuck Argentina.  

Was interesting to see their logistics crew though.   31 members of film crew, what looked like a baja style support hauler, several land rovers and a couple trucks.

When they rolled through the US and through my home town that was part of what I wanted to see.
View Quote
fuck Argentina X 11ty-billion. We so need to boycott anything Argentinian.

Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:46:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hopefully they renegotiate something and it doesn't disappear, though what's on Netflix isn't "truly" Top Gear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
....Makes me even more bummed they are dropping it off Netflix. Really wanted to finish it.

Looks like Netflix will be keeping Seasons 17-20 for now.
That sucks. Whenever I want to put something in the background while I'm doing something, I just start up an early season of Top Gear. I wonder when Amazon will be renegotiating.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 2:49:09 AM EDT
[#42]
What I would have liked to do is be a part of any of the programs where they talk about American
"Musclecars." Cars like the Chrysler 300 or the Camaro they tested a few years ago or even the
Shelby GT500. Where I could sit down and explain to them (And have it go on the air) that NONE of them are
MUSCLECARS! The Camaro and Mustang are Ponycars and the 300 is just a luxury sedan.
Then take them to the Optima Battery Ultimate Streetcar Showdown to see some REAL cars.
These are showcars that have awesome engineering and blazing speed.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:50:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Would not matter to me, just as long as it lasted a week or more to complete. They need to come to Alaska.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top