Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2015 8:37:40 PM EDT
Just got back from seeing American Sniper. Great film. While Chris Kyle may have stretched the truth in some areas, there is no doubt that he was an American hero. For those cowards to besmirch his name from the comfort of their nice warm beds is an insult to every American who has ever donned a uniform.

Fuck Ron Paul.

Fuck Michael Moore.

Fuck Seth Rogan.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]
What does RP have to do with this?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense. [...] As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend’s violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#3]
In the other thread Seth Rogan has to climb a dick wall using only his mouth.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Paging Ron Paul.......
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chris Kyle's death seems to confirm that "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword." Treating PTSD at a firing range doesn’t make sense. [...] As a veteran, I certainly recognize that this weekend’s violence and killing of Chris Kyle were a tragic and sad event. My condolences and prayers go out to Mr. Kyle’s family. Unconstitutional and unnecessary wars have endless unintended consequences. A policy of non-violence, as Christ preached, would have prevented this and similar tragedies.

I don't see why this is an issue.  He's right.  Chris Kyle would be alive today if we had a sane foreign policy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don't see why this is an issue.  He's right.  Chris Kyle would be alive today if we had a sane foreign policy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like we have a live one. This is why I hate libertarians.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:48:20 PM EDT
[#7]
If mitt rmney would have won, chris kyle wouldnt have been able to go to the range because mitt would have banned guns.

Think about that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:48:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But how is he wrong?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:49:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You hate Libertarians because you can't refute my statement?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:49:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Plus we'd have our trillions of dollars back. The wars accomplished nothing in the end.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#11]
373rd american sniper thread of the week!

Award
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they generally want to avoid war unless absolutely necessary?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he's not putting the blame squarely on the foreign policy. He suggests that Kyle is to blame by "living by the sword."

I'm a libertarian and agree with RP on a lot of things, but his remarks about Chris Kyle were stupid and unnecessary.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:55:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but class and decorum dictates that one shuts the fuck up in this situation.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate them because you can't just respect an American hero and have to drag politics into everything. A sane person (like we have above) would have said, "yeah, I'm a libertarian, but those comments were out of line". Instead, you had to double down on retardedness like a true kool-aid drinking Paulite.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I think we should have a contest to see who is the most patriotic in their love of this movie.

2 points if you saw the movie with an american flag lapel pin on.

1 point if you were "totally silent" during the credits.

7 points if you have a poster of bradley cooper in your room.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Because he's not putting the blame squarely on the foreign policy. He suggests that Kyle is to blame by "living by the sword."

I'm a libertarian and agree with RP on a lot of things, but his remarks about Chris Kyle were stupid and unnecessary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Ron Paul's response was in Ill taste, and I would hesitate to place him at the same level as Moore or Rogen on this one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

GrasshopperAlways

More like.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Ron Paul lost touch with reality a long time ago.

Michael Moore and Seth Rogan are simply trying to get publicity by attaching their names through controversy to the biggest thing in Hollywood right now. If you're in the film biz you want your name mentioned when there is this much buzz about a movie.  

American Sniper cleared $90 MILLION box office over the weekend. What that shows is that people like Michael Moore are in the extreme minority and you shouldn't pay them any mind just because they have big mouths.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:59:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just got back from seeing American Sniper. Great film. While Chris Kyle may have stretched the truth in some areas, there is no doubt that he was an American hero. For those cowards to besmirch his name from the comfort of their nice warm beds is an insult to every American who has ever donned a uniform.

Fuck Ron Paul.

Fuck Michael Moore.

Fuck Seth Rogan.
View Quote

+1000!!

I can't believe I ever voted for that coward

Gr

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:01:08 PM EDT
[#22]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Moore

Occupation Director, producer, writer, author, journalist, burger eater
View Quote

*Snicker*
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes, but class and decorum dictates that one shuts the fuck up in this situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or make a major motion picture about it and cash the fuck in.  Class and decorum have no place left in this spectacle.  Like it or not, it is a topic and a hot one at that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:03:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I hate them because you can't just respect an American hero and have to drag politics into everything. A sane person (like we have above) would have said, "yeah, I'm a libertarian, but those comments were out of line". Instead, you had to double down on retardedness like a true kool-aid drinking Paulite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YEP
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:04:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Another RuPaul thread
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:04:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can be critical of our foreign policy while respecting those who served.  Being an isolationist is probably the most respectful position to take.  For everyone involved.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:05:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like the OP is projecting some fantasies....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:06:21 PM EDT
[#28]
No... "they" don't start ron paul threads. Only the mobies do.

Btw
if any of you have this cup collection, you automatically make operator status.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, if by "a long time ago" you mean 50 years or so.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:10:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:10:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You can be critical of our foreign policy while respecting those who served.  Being an isolationist is probably the most respectful position to take.  For everyone involved.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the thing, I am an isolationist. I just don't feel the need to bring it into every fucking conversation.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:13:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Vre
Quoted:

Or make a major motion picture about it and cash the fuck in.  Class and decorum have no place left in this spectacle.  Like it or not, it is a topic and a hot one at that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah. I can agree that the first part of RP's statement could have been left out and doesn't enhance his point at all.

The second part of his statement, in my humble opinion, is true, and of course politicians gonna politic.Very few will pass up a perceived opportunity to score a point.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:13:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Here's the thing, I am an isolationist. I just don't feel the need to bring it into every fucking conversation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's fair.  But some of us can't help pointing out the elephant in the room.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
373rd american sniper thread of the week!

Award
View Quote

Hmmm... I counted 87.                   JK
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:25:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
In the other thread Seth Rogan has to climb a dick wall using only his mouth.
View Quote

If the road were paved with cocks he would be walking on his asshole.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He  (rp) is beyond naive in his view of the world.  There is evil.  You can ignore it.  Eventually it will show up on your own shores.  And there is nothing in the last 1300 years of history to suggest that treating the western world's common enemy nicely will result in them behaving any differently.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:43:54 PM EDT
[#37]
It's not everyday besmirch gets dropped here. Nice.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
GrasshopperAlways

More like.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

GrasshopperAlways

More like.

You're both idiots. Chris Kyle would be alive today if that asshole didn't shoot him.

Iraq/Afghanistan don't have a fucking thing to do with it.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I think we should have a contest to see who is the most patriotic in their love of this movie.

2 points if you saw the movie with an american flag lapel pin on.

1 point if you were "totally silent" during the credits.

7 points if you have a poster of bradley cooper in your room.

View Quote

I haven't seen it, but one of the guys I work with said at the end after credits where rolling he said the whole place was quite. He said he has never been to a movie where that happened before.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Grasshopper is 100% correct. Now, granted, Chris Kyle wasn't killed in the war itself. But everything he went through, led up to his death. And the loon that shot him and his friend, wouldn't have been dealing with a PTSD Marine.

Many of our troops would still be alive today, if we stayed the fuck out of foreign affairs that have nothing to do with American national security.

It's not "isolationism. It's non-intervention. The Golden Rule. Leave them alone and they'll leave you alone. Fuck with that and you get Blowback.

By the way... Get one of these.

Just the black t-shirt is enough to throw it in the faces of all who have the audacity to say Chris Kyle wasn't worthy of recognition... The Legend

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, since you brought it into the conversation... You (a self declared isolationist) probably have a lot more in common with regular libertarians than you think. RP isn't our poster boy, he's who the media has declared is our poster boy. Just like the democrats have been hijacked by liberals, the GOP by progressive apologists, and yes even libertarians by politicians we wouldn't want carrying our banner. Politics today is a shit-storm of corruption and true libertarians just want to bring the government back to a level where the voting taxpayer (IE: you and me) have a say in its conduct and control.

We don't want: A president who has dictator/king power. A supreme court who can supersede voting majority voice. Taxes / tax system that bleeds citizenry dry. A federal government that strips freedoms and spends without regard to future consequence. Career politicians that care more for re-election than righteous governing.

We do want: Freedom, Our divine right.

We'll see you on the other side (our side) eventually... because we're the only hope this country has.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:53:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Potential. This thread haz it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because you want an insane foreign policy?  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

He  (rp) is beyond naive in his view of the world.  There is evil.  You can ignore it.  Eventually it will show up on your own shores.  And there is nothing in the last 1300 years of history to suggest that treating the western world's common enemy nicely will result in them behaving any differently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a little silly to think we can afford to fight evil to the ends of the Earth, alone. If one thing has been shown in the last decade, it's that you can't fight an ideology like you'd fight a nation.

It would be an easier goal (yet, totally incorrect) to assign a moniker of "evil" to all Muslim nations, and demand 100% eradication. Even that goal is totally untenable, the Nazi's tried it and lost with the Jews and they weren't even a nation state. But trying to root out, and destroy, the entire ideology of "We hate America" is probably impossible or at least entirely un-affordable.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:55:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You're both idiots. Chris Kyle would be alive today if that asshole didn't shoot him.

Iraq/Afghanistan don't have a fucking thing to do with it.

View Quote

Excuse me?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:55:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Go sit in the corner, adults are speaking

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yup. Plus we'd have our trillions of dollars back. The wars accomplished nothing in the end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How convenient an argument.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:03:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A sane foreign policy is killing those that hate us.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:04:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That's fair.  But some of us can't help pointing out the elephant in the room.  
View Quote

The elephant in the room is this never ending unicorn fairy land incessantly bandied about here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Itshappening
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top