Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 6:16:24 PM EDT
Haven't started to research yet but anything in particular I need to know about Ohios carry laws? Is it concealed only or open as well. I typically conceal 95% of the time but often lazily because I don't have to care.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:53:35 PM EDT
[#1]
OH is a "must inform" state i.e. if stopped by the local LEO's, you must inform them that you are carrying (if you are) without being asked.  Try to stay out of the Canton area.

Can't speak to the rest of their laws.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:29:20 PM EDT
[#2]
DO NOT OPEN CARRY. Not against the law but you will get arrested for inciting panic.
As stated if pulled over tell LE and keep hands on steering wheel until you tell him immediately.
Cannot carry in pocket unless in holster. If locked in car I am pretty sure it has to be in lock box, not glove box. Cannot carry, as usual, on any school property, including college campus.
So if you are headed to the HORSESHOE to kiss it, do not carry on campus.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:33:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I travel frequently from TN to OH.  I also have a former LEO(30 years experience) who has helped to keep my informed on the laws pertaining OH CCW.

You are good as far as reciprocity.  You aren't supposed to carry any where with the standard "No gun" signs.  The sign with a gun and circle and one slash through it.  Obviously, government land is also a no go.   As others have said, if you do have a run in with LEO, you are supposed to notify them immediately.  

I would recommend going into the Ohio Hometown forums to answer any specific questions.  I personally, have never had any issues.
Ohio Hometown forum
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top