Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/19/2015 4:14:59 PM EDT
I can't get from point A to point B going to work without getting run down.  I'm in the center lane of a 3 lane highway, going 10 over the speed limit, 75mph.  People in right lane are 100 years old going 45.  People in passing lane are out of their minds must be going 100.  I have 3 different people pull up on my bumper flashing their lights, blowing horns, and one woman as she went by giving me the finger, all just trying to get to work.  I know CSB but damn WTF?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Assholes to the left, Jokers to the right...
  ....And here I am stuck in the middle again.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:17:07 PM EDT
[#2]
City living lol.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I had that on an 8-track

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#4]
people=shit
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:18:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know why I came here tonight
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Your problem is that you live in CT.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:20:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
 I'm in the center lane of a 3 lane highway ... just trying to get to work
View Quote

That's you're problem right there.  Move to America.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#8]
If you're not in the act of overtaking another vehicle you should be in the right lane.  Period.  Your speed, nor the speed of other vehicles on the road are of any concern.

Flashing lights means they want to pass, move out of the way when it's safe.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#9]
You just described my daily commute here in Baton Rouge.  The only difference is I am the one flipping someone the finger.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Better prepare yourself, the snowflakes will be along shortly to tell you to get your ass in the far right lane so they can endanger everybody else on the road.

ETA: seems they got her faster after all...

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:24:05 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If you're not in the act of overtaking another vehicle you should be in the right lane.  Period.  Your speed, nor the speed of other vehicles on the road are of any concern.

View Quote

In the center lane I'm constantly passing all the people on the right.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a feeling that something ain't right...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Still not fast enough for them.

They're special, you're not.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I can't get from point A to point B going to work without getting run down.  I'm in the center lane of a 3 lane highway, going 10 over the speed limit, 75mph.  People in right lane are 100 years old going 45.  People in passing lane are out of their minds must be going 100.  I have 3 different people pull up on my bumper flashing their lights, blowing horns, and one woman as she went by giving me the finger, all just trying to get to work.  I know CSB but damn WTF?
View Quote

Speed up Nancy....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Population density leads to rage. I live in a small town here and everybody drives angry all the time, way too many people.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Your problem is that you live in CT any big city.
View Quote

Houston is just as bad, only the slow people are all in the left lane driving step side pickups.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's constantly?

My mother thinks she's good to stay in whatever lane she's in as long as she has or will be passing someone within 10 minutes.  

But yeah, if there's that many people in the right lane, just let them pass you when they can in the left lane.

Don't get too worked up about it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:29:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Suck it scofflaws...

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:30:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, no, no.

Right lane is for slow moving vehicles.

Center lane is for vehicles moving at or near the speed limit.

Left lane is for vehicles moving well above the speed limit.

Once we get everyone to agree to this, the better off we will all be.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:32:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck em.  Your doing it correctly.  If there is a left lane let em use it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

OP, being a fellow Connecticunt (not by choice, but by my Dad being in the Navy at the time), I can say that CT drivers are, arguably, some of the worst in the country. Ridiculous wastes of life, the lot of them. Aside from the majority of the CTHTF members and a few people outside of arfcom, I can't think of any other Connecticunts that are worth a shit.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Hell, what's wrong with camping out in the middle lane if the right lane is jamming up with merging traffic?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:34:51 PM EDT
[#24]

It is comforting to know you are taking pictures with your phone while doing 75 MPH. I see you are from Florida, slow down before you hit a toll booth.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

No, 3 lane highways are placed where there is a lot of entering and exiting traffic. The right lane is for people getting on and off, the center lane is for normal traffic, the left lane is for passing. Until they throw in an exit on the left, then it fucks everybody up.

They would stay behind me flashing their lights as well. If they want to pass they can use the passing lane.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  Move someplace where your main problem is Southern Ice tm and your only problem will be Southern Ice tm.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

lmao.....I guess this is what passes for reading comprehension these days.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hey!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

He said he's driving in the center lane. Those rules only apply in the left lane.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:40:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Yep.  Move someplace where your main problem is Southern Ice tm and your only problem will be Southern Ice tm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like Florida?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
OP, being a fellow Connecticunt (not by choice, but by my Dad being in the Navy at the time), I can say that CT drivers are, arguably, some of the worst in the country. Ridiculous wastes of life, the lot of them. Aside from the majority of the CTHTF members and a few people outside of arfcom, I can't think of any other Connecticunts that are worth a shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
No, no, no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, no, no.

This is how I see it.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I got to a point once where it was either kill, die, or quit caring.  I quit caring and haven't been able to start again since.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Population density leads to rage. I live in a small town here and everybody drives angry all the time, way too many people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boom, nailed it.

Density in a town I live in around SW CT has tripled in less than a decade; way too many people.  

My rule of thumb I tell people is if you want to get somewhere on the highway around here you have to be willing to be the bigger a-hole.  Not referring to cutting people off but you better be willing to get on it and zig-zag between lanes when safe to do so.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#36]
There are a lot of ass holes out there.  Morning work commutes really seems to bring them out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

It is comforting to know you are taking pictures with your phone while doing 75 MPH. I see you are from Florida, slow down before you hit a toll booth.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

1) You can only conjecture that I was the one taking the pic.

2) I don't do toll ways.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:54:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
City living lol.
View Quote

Yup........
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
people=shit
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#40]
PARENTS in the olden days (including mine and now my kids) taught their kids that you travel in the right lane, pass in the left lane and damn well move over if somebody comes up behind you in the left lane.  It's not my business how fast you go and it's sure not my business to impede your travel by hanging out in the left lane at any speed.  I only travel in the left lane when I am actively passing.. .period.  Same for my adult children.  

Please pass it on.  This is part of what makes America great.  You MORONS who think you own the PASSING lane are just that....morons.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:03:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No, no, no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, no, no.

This and op you did nothing wrong
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've driven in almost every state including yours and I've never seen anyone have that kind of reaction to someone actually using the middle passing lane for passing.

Are you sure that there was never a point where it would have been appropriate for you to get right?  I do see people quite frequently treat the middle lane as a cruising lane even when they have ability to get right and let faster traffic pass.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:03:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
PARENTS in the olden days (including mine and now my kids) taught their kids that you travel in the right lane, pass in the left lane and damn well move over if somebody comes up behind you in the left lane.  It's not my business how fast you go and it's sure not my business to impede your travel by hanging out in the left lane at any speed.  I only travel in the left lane when I am actively passing.. .period.  Same for my adult children.  

Please pass it on.  This is part of what makes America great.  You MORONS who think you own the PASSING lane are just that....morons.
View Quote

OP has 3 lanes, not 2.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#44]
People feel like they need to be in a hurry these days.  They'll zig zag their way ahead of traffic just to daydream at the green light.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Probably pissed off people from your troll thread wanting to know where the video is.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:04:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:04:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Rt 84 or 95?

Eta: or 91?  They drive like assholes on 91.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#48]

Most people don't give a damn about anything, up to and including themselves.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:06:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you even read the OP?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Rt 84 or 95?  

Eta: or 91?  They drive like assholes on 91.
View Quote

They drive at the same magnitude of assholism on all 3
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top