Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2015 3:43:05 PM EDT
I'm a fan of the product, it definitely slicked up my pump shotguns and Remington 7600 pump rifle

I've used it on a few other guns so far and it works great

my go to oil though is G96
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Wilson Ultima II grease

Slip2000 ewl

Clp
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
North of the freeze line, or south?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#3]
How about no.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I use Frog lube and Break free CLP exclusively.

Great stuff.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Great stuff.
View Quote

Been using FL on the carrier, CLP everywhere else.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:49:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Great for cleaning like ballistol.

I like non toxic cleaners and lubricants.

I use EWL for lube and frog lube/ballistol for cleaning.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I like the minty smell.  I keep wanting to taste it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Nay, EWL for me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I used it for a year... I went back to Slip2000EWL

I didn't buy into the seeping out of the pours while you shoot BS

It never did give me trouble in extreme cold...

It was relatively easy to clean and reapply but I didn't like that I had to heat up parts and such...

It's just easier to spray your weapon down with Gunscrubber and reapply Slip2000EWL

- Clint
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It was relatively easy to clean and reapply but I didn't like that I had to heat up parts and such...

It's just easier to spray your weapon down with Gunscrubber and reapply Slip2000EWL

- Clint
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

- Clint

Straight from the Slip2000EWL website

Slip 2000 EWL will not dry out or attract dust or dirt particles like petroleum products. Even when surface is wiped dry to the touch Slip 2000 EWL is still present and lubricating the metal parts from within the pores of the weapon.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Great stuff.
View Quote

Same here.

I've probably been using it for about three years now.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I use it when I work on museum guns.  Along with a nickel, it removes rust without affecting the patina.  That's important in conservation work.
For everyday cleaning though, it's Hoppe's and then whatever oil is at hand.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Froglube tends to gum up my weapons and does not preform well in the cold.
I now use Fireclean, and I have plenty of Mobil 1 that will work fine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

You actually can.... it doesn't taste half bad
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#15]
TW25B Grease and Breakfree LP Oil.

All of my guns run great and I'm a very high volume shooter.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't you have to heat some shit up and then apply it or something? Eh fuck it too lazy to even research it, I just use fireclean.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#18]
When applied according to instructions, frog lube worked great in cold weather (low of 14 degrees F, high of 22 F).  I applied it to AR15 type rifles before a practical rifle match, and the rifle worked without a hitch.  The action felt more like it was on ball bearings than it did with other types of lube.  

Follow the instructions for application:
1.  Clean off all old lube first.
2.  Heat up the parts before application. (I put the parts in a plastic tub and put a hair dryer blowing hot air onto them)
3.  Put on the lube while the parts are hot enough to melt it, then rub it well into the parts.
4.  After you apply the lube, and the parts have had a chance to cool off, wipe off all extra lube.  If you leave any lube, it will get gunky  
    and attract carbon, dirt, dust, and crap.  If you follow the directions, stuff just wipes off most parts.

I think most people that have problems didn't follow the application instructions.  

I think frog lube is great stuff.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Dont know, never used the stuff but heard nothing but good.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Not me, I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#21]
No respectable man uses lube with frogs...

Pussies!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How about no.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
North of the freeze line, or south?
View Quote

Very important, I loved it when I first used it "in the summer" winter came 30's out, it sucks & its a bitch to get rid of.  
But it smells bitch'in
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

it taste like it smells, I had to do it
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Ive never had any problems with the stuff. I use it on all my guns.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Froglube Works for me.... like fireclean, freedom juice, Seal one, syn 10w40 motor oil and trans fluid.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Great stuff.
View Quote
Yep. +1 this.

ETA: I only use it once as an initial lube. Then I use SLP2000
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:23:33 PM EDT
[#28]
You don't need to heat up parts, or slather it on.
I've applied it cold and on parts heated with a dryer, or left in the sun and I can't tell a bit of difference when shooting.

To all those saying it gums up their firearms, I don't know what you're doing, but it sounds like you're caking it on.
Anymore, I just put a film of Frog Lube on my fingertip and wipe the part(s) to be lubed.

No worries.

I also use Strike Hold, G96 and Gibbs Brand for certain applications.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Fireclean
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:07:24 PM EDT
[#31]
tag
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

This right here is why I love this place. Answers to every question.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

How about no.

Can you explain further ? I currently use eezox and a version of weapons shield for years

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm a fan of the product, it definitely slicked up my pump shotguns and Remington 7600 pump rifle

I've used it on a few other guns so far and it works great

my go to oil though is G96
View Quote

latest trendy stuff.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:22:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I used it exclusively for two years. This Winter I started having problems with cycling and actions felt sticky. In the cold (<41 deg) the liquid bottle turns to a solid just sitting out in my garage.  The paste has dried out and shrunk away from the sides of the tub.  So you've got a lube that "freezes" well above 32 degrees and dries out (and turns sticky) in arid climates.  Maybe it works great in hot, humid areas but it is the worst of all worlds here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Lies! I had to try it (Frog Grease) while I drunkenly bubba'd that upper together in the hotel room over the weekend. It was not tasty.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I have used CLP, then Slip2000 then Froglube(paste) and now use Fireclean.  

I didn't like the way the froglube paste seemed to crust over when sitting.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Froglube tends to gum up my weapons and does not preform well in the cold.
I now use Fireclean, and I have plenty of Mobil 1 that will work fine.
View Quote

I don't have to deal with cold temperatures down here, but if you let it sit on a gun for too long (5+ months), it will gum up all on it's own and turn to a sticky residue.  

No idea why, but it's kind of common when you own a bunch of different AR's, there's times where a few rifles will sit for extended periods in the safe without being fired.

The only thing I really liked about the Frog Lube compared to other conventional gun oils, is that it did not run down into the buffer tube when the rifle is stored muzzle up in the safe.

I've since switched to a 60/40 mix of 15w-50 Mobil 1 Synthetic/Synthetic ATF.  It stays put relatively well (not as good as the Frog Lube though), and it doesn't dry up all that badly when firing.  Cheap as hell too.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:33:11 PM EDT
[#42]
I use it on the outside of guns and knives I don't use much as a rust preventative, it works pretty good for that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's deli slicer line.

And yeah, it sucks in the cold.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

i have found properly applied and not poured on like a normal lube the freezing doesn't seem to be a real issue. granted i don't have those temp issues here but i did freeze the gun over night and didnt have any issues with it freezing or gumming up. i can certainly see that happening if caked on like grease or oil. but applied to a hot surface and buffed it performed just fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I used it exclusively for two years. This Winter I started having problems with cycling and actions felt sticky. In the cold (<41 deg) the liquid bottle turns to a solid just sitting out in my garage.  The paste has dried out and shrunk away from the sides of the tub.  So you've got a lube that "freezes" well above 32 degrees and dries out (and turns sticky) in arid climates.  Maybe it works great in hot, humid areas but it is the worst of all worlds here.

i have found properly applied and not poured on like a normal lube the freezing doesn't seem to be a real issue. granted i don't have those temp issues here but i did freeze the gun over night and didnt have any issues with it freezing or gumming up. i can certainly see that happening if caked on like grease or oil. but applied to a hot surface and buffed it performed just fine.

How long have you been using it?  I didn't have any problems the first Winter.  My theory is the stuff degrades over time and the issues grow the longer you use it.  No matter how little you apply it does turn to a thin liquid when the gun heats up due to firing.  It seems to come out of nowhere.  At first, that seems like a great thing.  Problem is that it "migrates" slowly during these heat cycles to places I never intended to apply it (ie the trigger group, buffer tube, firing pin channel, etc).  Still probably not an issue in warmer climates, but out here you could easily go shooting/camping one night at 70 degrees with a perfectly functioning rifle, and wake up the next morning to 30 degrees and no pew pew pew.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#45]
So far I have only used it on my HP clone, the slide feels like it's riding on ball bearings when pulled back. Great stuff.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I don't have to deal with cold temperatures down here, but if you let it sit on a gun for too long (5+ months), it will gum up all on it's own and turn to a sticky residue.  

No idea why, but it's kind of common when you own a bunch of different AR's, there's times where a few rifles will sit for extended periods in the safe without being fired.
View Quote

That's what I found after longterm use and I honestly think that was most of my problem this year.  We had our second kid, moved...the guns didn't get shot this Summer.  When I took them out after 6-12 months the FL was tacky even though everything looked clean and there was no visible lube sitting on the surface.  Add in some cold air and that's a bad combo.

I think the FL is losing moisture to the atmosphere over time and the particles that are left over are the "sticky residue" as you say.  When I put away a clean and lubed rifle I expect to be able to pull it out of the safe a year later without having to detail clean and re-lube the entire thing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:43:16 PM EDT
[#47]
I've used it and think it is pretty good. But overall, for a lube, I prefer Slip 2000 EWL.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

well when this runs out i have 5 gallons of fp10 on the shelf

View Quote
I still have one gallon left. It's what I use. I literally smother my shit in it.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Hairdryers make metal porous.

Science fact.

Totally NOT snake oil. Nope.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#50]
My TRP did not like the paste one bit.  Went back to Slide Glide and all was well.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top