Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2015 3:35:22 PM EDT
...so I can avoid moving thru channels that are showing it!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:36:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Reason #3863 I'm glad I don't have television.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#2]
FBHO
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FBHO
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I like that Meme!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Won't watch it. My daddy taught me not to listen to liars !
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I will be studiously avoiding live TV tomorrow...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Bruins vs Stars tomorrow night!
What speech?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quick version of the State of the Union

I will do give you this, that, and the other thing, and the evil republicans will try to stop me from making your lives better.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#9]
He, like all liberals are extremely predictable.

He'll call for raising income taxes on the top earners, but of course that will hit almost every small business man.

He'll declare victory over terror, but caution that we have a long way to go and somehow blame the USA and the west in general for things.

He'll go on and on about the environment. Minimum wage, blah, blah.

I don't have to watch it. It will only raise my blood pressure and serve to stress me out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#10]
It's time for the State of the Narcissist Drinking Game, already?

Time to get your drink of choice, sit back and get absofuckinlutely blasted. There's just one, simple, so easy to understand your 4 year old can do it, rule...

The Rule: Every time the fuckwit says the phrases "I have" "I will" or "I am", take a shot.

Do this at home, chances are you won't make it in to work Wednesday.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#11]
So, how long into the speech before he "blames Bush" for something???
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Reason #3863 I'm glad I don't have television.
View Quote

This. Why would I want to listen to propaganda or lies?  I could watch clips of Hitler on Youtube for that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#13]
FBHO.  Wouldn't listen to it anyway.
I'm in Vegas for SHOT.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Who gives a fuck?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:23:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's time for the State of the Narcissist Drinking Game, already?

Time to get your drink of choice, sit back and get absofuckinlutely blasted. There's just one, simple, so easy to understand your 4 year old can do it, rule...

The Rule: Every time the fuckwit says the phrases "I have" "I will" or "I am", take a shot.

Do this at home, chances are you won't make it in to work Wednesday.
View Quote

Don't forget:

"Let me be clear..."

ETA:

"Make no mistake..."

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#16]
It's an exercise in self-promotion.  "I, Uncle Sugar in the flesh, will give you this, and that, and the other..." ad infinitum.

Washington and Adams gave the first two as verbal addresses but Thomas Jefferson discontinued the verbal practice as he felt it was too monarchical.  He submitted a written statement.

"Article II, Section 3, Clause 1 of the Constitution requires that the President ". . . shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient." Like many precedents, President George Washington first established the practice of reporting to Congress once a year. Washington gave his first annual message—what is now known as the State of the Union—to Congress on January 8th, 1790. He addressed Congress in person in the Senate Chamber of Federal Hall in New York City (the temporary seat of government at that time).

The second President, John Adams, also gave his annual messages in person but the practice was ended by Adams' successor, Thomas Jefferson, who sent his messages to Congress in writing. Jefferson's written communication with Congress began a tradition which lasted over a hundred years and was not broken until President Woodrow Wilson personally addressed a joint session of Congress in 1913. With few exceptions, all subsequent Presidents have chosen to appear annually before a joint session of Congress to deliver their message. The term "State of the Union" was first used to describe an annual message delivered by President Franklin D. Roosevelt but came into common usage during the presidency of Harry Truman."

Imagine any modern president even being able to spell "monarchical" much less have the vaguest understanding of the term and resorting to Jefferson's approach.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
So, how long into the speech before he "blames Bush" for something???
View Quote

My money says he mentions the prior administration within the first few minutes. 3-4mins tops
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top