Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2015 1:52:20 AM EDT
Strange story, considering the TFH tone of his movie.

http://www.startribune.com/local/south/288984281.html

"In the white rambler in the 1000 block of Ramsdell Drive in Apple Valley, a terrible sight awaited police: The bodies of a man, woman and child lying in the living room, the perpetrator and victims of an apparent murder-suicide.

The bodies may have been there for up to four weeks before they were found Saturday afternoon; neighbors next door and across the street said they hadn’t seen the family since before Christmas.

Authorities have not officially identified the people found in the home, but neighbors, real estate records and other data showed they were David T. Crowley, 29; his wife, Komel Crowley, 28, and their 5-year-old daughter, Rani. A black handgun lay nearby."
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:51:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Suicided?

Perhaps the trailer, which showed promise, will be all that is seen of the film.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 2:54:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Put the tinfoil away, this shitbird shot his child and wife dead.

Fuck him.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:49:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fuck him.
View Quote

How do you know that the wife wasn't the "shitbird" and murdered them?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:54:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Financial problems, maybe? Crazy.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:58:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck him.

Wanna put some coin on that bet?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:00:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Fuck him.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:18:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Suicided?

Perhaps the trailer, which showed promise, will be all that is seen of the film.

http://youtu.be/Gy7FVXERKFE
View Quote

Maybe he saw his trailer and realized how much of a stinker it was.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:26:07 AM EDT
[#8]
That's terrible. I remember the thread that was going a couple months back about the film.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:55:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Fuck him.
View Quote

And you Know that, How?    

Explain yourself.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:23:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And you Know that, How?    

Explain yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck him.

And you Know that, How?    

Explain yourself.

The same way we know that Michael Hastings accelerated his Mercedes to top speed and played chicken with a tree, the government men told us.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:24:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck him.

How do you know?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:28:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Dam shame.

The movie looked like it had potential.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:34:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Awful.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:31:10 AM EDT
[#14]
That's terrible.

Poor kid.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And you Know that, How?    

Explain yourself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck him.

And you Know that, How?    

Explain yourself.

He read the thread in the Team forum.

Oh, wait...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Oh, wait...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck him.

And you Know that, How?    

Explain yourself.

Oh, wait...

To be fair a lot of people with memberships dont visit team either. That place is depressing as fuck.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:39:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
To be fair a lot of people with memberships dont visit team either. That place is depressing as fuck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck him.

And you Know that, How?    

Explain yourself.

Oh, wait...

I can't remember the last time I did.

GD, TX HTF, computers, gaming.  That's it.

Over the years I've bern active in most forums, but it's an ADD thing mostly for me
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 7:43:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Holy shit. I didn't know him well, but I've met him several times, and have been out shooting with him before.

Whiskey tango foxtrot
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#19]
It's sad when the bastards take their families with them he can rot in hell.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:29:52 AM EDT
[#20]
That's messed up. Considering his background, and the tone of the movie, I wonder if some national media outlet will pick this up soon and run with it?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:02:55 AM EDT
[#22]
tag
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:05:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The same way we know that Michael Hastings accelerated his Mercedes to top speed and played chicken with a tree, the government men told us.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck him.

And you Know that, How?    

Explain yourself.

Interesting....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hastings_%28journalist%29

Allegations of foul play, and assertions to the contrary[edit]
Soon after his death, some press reports described the crash as suspicious.[57][68][69][70] Former U.S. National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism Richard A. Clarke said that what is known about the crash is "consistent with a car cyber attack". He was quoted as saying "There is reason to believe that intelligence agencies for major powers—including the United States—know how to remotely seize control of a car. So if there were a cyber attack on [Hastings'] car—and I'm not saying there was, I think whoever did it would probably get away with it."[71] Earlier the previous day, Hastings indicated that he believed he was being investigated by the FBI. In an email to colleagues, which was copied to and released by Hastings' friend, Army Staff Sergeant Joe Biggs,[72] Hastings said that he was "onto a big story", that he needed to "go off the radar", and that the FBI might interview them.[73][74] WikiLeaks announced that Hastings had also contacted Jennifer Robinson, one of its lawyers, a few hours prior to the crash,[75] and the LA Weekly reported that he was preparing new reports on the CIA at the time of his demise.[76] His widow Elise Jordan said his final story was a profile of CIA Director John O. Brennan.[77] The FBI released a statement denying that Hastings was being investigated.[62]

Motor Trend technical director Frank Markus said that the ensuing fire was consistent with a high-speed car crash.[78]

There are conflicting opinions as to Hastings' death. After his death, some media outlets recalled that Hastings received death-threats from the military after the McCrystal article.[79] Hastings' widow Elise Jordan has said she believes his death to be "just a really tragic accident".[80][81] His older brother, Jonathan, said he believed Michael was experiencing a "manic episode" shortly before his death, and that he may have had suspicions were it not for this observation.[82] Cenk Uygur, friend of Hastings' and host of The Young Turks, told KTLA that many of Michael's friends were concerned that he was "in a very agitated state", saying he was "incredibly tense" and worried that his material was being surveilled by the government. Friends believed that Michael's line of work led to a "paranoid state".[83] USA Today reported that in the days before his death, Hastings believed his car was being "tampered with" and that he was scared and wanted to leave town.[84]

FBI file on Michael Hastings
The FBI file on Michael Hastings and its attachments (totaling 21 pages) were released to the public on September 24, 2013,[85][86][87] after investigative journalist Jason Leopold and MIT doctoral candidate Ryan Shapiro filed a joint suit in July 2013 against the FBI for ignoring their FOIA requests for the file.[88] The FBI failed to respond to the requests within the allotted 20-day period.[89] On August 15, Leopold released a statement that read, "The Department of Justice (DOJ) has indicated that the FBI has likely located responsive records pertaining to investigative journalist Michael Hastings".[90] Al Jazeera, along with Shapiro, released results from a FOIA request showing that the FBI's Washington field office had opened a file on Hastings in June 2012 to store "unclassified media articles" and "memorialize controversial reporting by Rolling Stone magazine on June 7, 2012". The attorney who filed the FOIA lawsuit, Jeff Light, suggested that it was uncommon for the FBI to open such files on reporters.[91]
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#24]
What kind of lives did they live where they could disappear for four weeks without being missed?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#25]
SHOCKED...I have been working with David on and off for over two years now editing the script for accuracy as far as police/riot tactics and firearms usage and deployment, the script was coming along...

I personally cannot fathom him being involved in killing his wife or child...

This would not be the first time someone has been suicided...the list is long...

He was telling an ugly story of a very near future should events turn for the worse...

God bless him and his family may they find peace...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
What kind of lives did they live where they could disappear for four weeks without being missed?
View Quote

I do find that odd...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:29:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck him.

Like Phil Hartman?

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:38:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Like Phil Hartman?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck him.

Like Phil Hartman?  

Hey, now we can get rid of the cost of investigations and jury trials and just use Vegas odds.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Pretty sure he was a member here too...we discussed ARF a few times in passing...pointed him to the EE for used gear...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Suicided?

View Quote

I hope this project goes forward, in spite of this tragedy. This story needs to be told...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:20:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I hope this project goes forward, in spite of this tragedy. This story needs to be told...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Suicided?

it may be told 1 day in real time if our country doesn't pull its head out of its ass.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:38:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't know this family but I have been called to scenes where the homeowner hadn't been seen for a long time.  The last one I went on, the neighbors hadn't seen him in 2-3 months, hadn't shoveled his driveway or opened any blinds.  Someone finally went over and thought they smelled nat gas and called 911.  When we arrived on scene and went through the house, I literally walked by this guy's body twice before I finally saw it behind his desk.

Part of you stands in complete shock that anything like this can happen in todays society.  Where were this guys friends, family, employer? The reality is how well do you truly know your neighbors.  Heck, I have retirees in my neighborhood that leave for weeks on vacation and I'd never notice if they were actually gone or if they passed away in their home.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Pretty sure he was a member here too...we discussed ARF a few times in passing...pointed him to the EE for used gear...
View Quote

So what was his screen name?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#34]

The thing that makes me wonder about that story, if you're gonna kill someone and make it look like an accident, why get so extravagant? Whatever happened to "mugging gone tragically wrong" or "found at the bottom of a flight of stairs with a broken neck"?

Unless you've got some super secret techno-murder ability that no one knows about, you're just inviting scrutiny.

Of course, maybe that's exactly what they want me to think.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last unattended I had, the guy was dead for about that long by the time I broke the door down
The only reason he was missed was because the neighbor noticed that his bird feeders weren't being filled anymore
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Suicided?

yeah that was all kinds of hot garbage
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#37]
This is right down the road from me, I saw it on the news but I had no idea it was this guy.  WOW!  
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Mother F'er....

I read Crowley+murder+suicide and thought that fat fucking liberal CNN pig was dead. Fuck.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:10:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

it may be told 1 day in real time if our country doesn't pull its head out of its ass.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Suicided?

Thats why it needs to be  told
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Wow, I had no idea that you guys knew him. I only posted it when I saw the picture of him with a wall of ARs behind him. I thought on the off chance, he might be a member here.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Yep. Just tinfoil craziness.

Just like Breitbart. and Tom Clancy. and Chris Kyle. and ....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#42]
I'd like to learn more about his finances.  Did they max out the credit card?   Were they falling behind in the house payments?  Were they in the red?  
If they were financially sound, what was the motivation for the murder-suicide?  We've had that happen in CA, but they were small and unknown little fish that lost everything and didn't have the strength of character to salvage their lives and start from the bottom again.  Those folks couldn't face failure.  Was he or his wife like that?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The thing that makes me wonder about that story, if you're gonna kill someone and make it look like an accident, why get so extravagant? Whatever happened to "mugging gone tragically wrong" or "found at the bottom of a flight of stairs with a broken neck"?

Unless you've got some super secret techno-murder ability that no one knows about, you're just inviting scrutiny.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If one subscribed to the notion, I would say as a way of defaming the character of the person and rubbing them out at the same time.

Wife has to go or she'll talk and raise a stink, kid has to go to make the guy look like a huge POS.

A person could be killed in this way to guarantee  they don't become a martyr.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
SHOCKED...I have been working with David on and off for over two years now editing the script for accuracy as far as police/riot tactics and firearms usage and deployment, the script was coming along...

I personally cannot fathom him being involved in killing his wife or child...

This would not be the first time someone has been suicided...the list is long...

He was telling an ugly story of a very near future should events turn for the worse...

God bless him and his family may they find peace...
View Quote

I hope you or someone else who has the script can keep his project going.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#45]

I hope you or someone else who has the script can keep his project going.
View Quote

I do in fact have a copy of the script with revisions from the last we spoke, about 6 months ago and I have signed an NDA which I intend to honor. I am sure there are others more closely associated with the film that would step in...
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Hey, now we can get rid of the cost of investigations and jury trials and just use Vegas odds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck him.

Like Phil Hartman?  

91%(Male) and 88%(Firearms) for those Homicide-Suicide Stats... keep going

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't think he was having financial or cash flow problems. He supposedly was going to make some respectable ducats from that film.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#49]
From the comments on that article:

"Neither Crowley or his wife had any sort of steady source of income. They blew everything on this film and after 4 years it's not hard to understand how he could come to the point of suicide. I don't believe his Pakistani wife agreed to die with him. She had just earned her Masters degree the end of 2013 as a dietitian. I understand friends didn't see this coming, but talk to the wife's parents in Texas. they were against the marriage from the start."
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yep. Just tinfoil craziness.

Just like Breitbart. and Tom Clancy. and Chris Kyle. and ....
View Quote

This minus the sarcasm.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top