Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 11:53:12 PM EDT
Performance wise, is it even close to it's corded counterpart?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never seen one.
I think I'd stick with a cord for sds, myself.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
dewalt.  Its not bad, but I wont use it if I have a plug in available.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:00:05 AM EDT
[#3]
M12 Milwaukee and 18v makita. The m12 is good for 1/4 inch holes for anchors and tapcons. The makita one will do about 30 1/2" x2" holes before it needs a fresh battery. What are you thinking of using it for?
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:08:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
M12 Milwaukee and 18v makita. The m12 is good for 1/4 inch holes for anchors and tapcons. The makita one will do about 30 1/2" x2" holes before it needs a fresh battery. What are you thinking of using it for?
View Quote

Mostly anchors. Probably won't ever need more than 1/2 inch diameter, but my current project is a couple hundred feet away from ac power. Didn't really want to run extension cords, but I can.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:17:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Mostly anchors. Probably won't ever need more than 1/2 inch diameter, but my current project is a couple hundred feet away from ac power. Didn't really want to run extension cords, but I can.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

New concrete or old? You have a spec anchor (drop in or wedge) you have to use? Otherwise there may be other options.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:22:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
New concrete or old? You have a spec anchor (drop in or wedge) you have to use? Otherwise there may be other options.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can use either. The concrete is at least 40 years old.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:30:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I used a ryobi cordless on my basement.  I was only drilling holes for tapcon screws, though.  It worked well on the small holes.  I did need to drill a couple large holes for red heads on a different project.  It was painful.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:41:59 AM EDT
[#8]
This one looks like a beast on paper, with 3.3 ft-lbs of blow energy.

This one has 3.6 ft-lbs of blow energy, and costs $50 less, but has a cord.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:46:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Ryobi 18v got mine off ebay for cheap $60+, new in the box. Mainly got it because I already have a few ryobi batteries/tools.

They eat batteries fast depending on how deep, diameter of the bit and material you are drilling.

They make two sizes of batteries the big one will drill 5 or 6, 1/2" @ 6" deep in sandstone.

I use it for drilling anchors for rock climbing and for places I can't get a generator.

You can spend $600 + on some 36v they last longer but you can buy 5 batteries for the ryobi for the difference.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:51:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't know if it's all Home Depots or just mine, but they're selling two packs of 4AH Ryobi batteries for $84 . Just thought i'd mention for the guys with Ryobi tools.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top