Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 7:39:01 PM EDT
In 2007 when the Packers lost to the New York Giants in the NFC Championship game, I was legitimately depressed for about a week. Now, the Packers have lost just as heartbreaking of a game and I'm already over it. Maturity rules!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Packers were given a gift to be there in the first place, although I was still rooting for them.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:49:08 PM EDT
[#2]
you are finally old enough to realize that football sucks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:56:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm to the point where I don't even care about football.  I was born in Green Bay but don't see any reason to emotionally entangle myself with what is essentially a brand that has no members who were from the area.

ETA: I am glad that for some reason my company gives us tomorrow off.  There is usually a lot of butthurt after games like this as my workplace harbors a significant number of lions fans.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm to the point where I don't even care about football.  I was born in Green Bay but don't see any reason to emotionally entangle myself with what is essentially a brand that has no members who were from the area.  

ETA: I am glad that for some reason my company gives us tomorrow off.  There is usually a lot of butthurt after games like this as my workplace harbors a significant number of lions fans.
View Quote

Born in GB as well, used to take these kind of losses really rough.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you are finally old enough to realize that football sports in general suck.
View Quote

fify
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:14:47 PM EDT
[#6]
What's this maturity you speak of?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In 2007 when the Packers lost to the New York Giants in the NFC Championship game, I was legitimately depressed for about a week. Now, the Packers have lost just as heartbreaking of a game and I'm already over it. Maturity rules!
View Quote

I got over football at about 38 years old.  

I still love the game.  I'm just not so passionate about it anymore.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top