Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/18/2015 4:30:51 PM EDT
I used to love the hell out of this show, but I don't see how they'll be able to pull it off. Story has been beaten to death. Unless they turn it into some kind of comedy i.e. Mulder having left the FBI is a private investigator who's continually getting into trouble. Publishes a magazine with the Lone Gunmen who were shown to have faked their deaths in Season 10(comics). Kind of like Kolchak but with a humorous twist. It got campy enough I can see it being done but going back to the canon story-line, I think it's doomed to fail.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are reprising their roles, it MIGHT have a chance
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson are reprising their roles, it MIGHT have a chance
View Quote

They reprised their roles from season 7 onward and for the 2nd film and it didn't do jack shit to save those turds.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They reprised their roles from season 7 onward and for the 2nd film and it didn't do jack shit to save those turds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well the second movie was terrible and it looks like even FOX is agreeing on that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:47:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats why I said "MIGHT."
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:48:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Would be interesting to see what they come up with.  I loved that show, one of the few I made sure to watch every week.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Wait, there was a second movie?

.....Off to Google it..........
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh man oh man ... I'm excited, hope it all works out, was one of my favorite shows.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I used to love the hell out of this show, but I don't see how they'll be able to pull it off. Story has been beaten to death. Unless they turn it into some kind of comedy i.e. Mulder having left the FBI is a private investigator who's continually getting into trouble. Publishes a magazine with the Lone Gunmen who were shown to have faked their deaths in Season 10(comics). Kind of like Kolchak but with a humorous twist. It got campy enough I can see it being done but going back to the canon story-line, I think it's doomed to fail.

View Quote
You could always pretend that Californiacation is Fox Muldar after the FBI with a change of identity.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Will the agents still lose their guns constantly?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

It wasn't very good. Kind of a "monster-of-the-week" plot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#11]
No...unless it is a miniseries type program such as the new Fargo.

They jumped the shark or just dragged the series out too long something Vince Gilligan learned and applied to Breaking Bad.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:27:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Probably would be better than most of the crap on TV today.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#13]
If they leave the alien shit out and just do strange cases it will be good.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:34:40 PM EDT
[#14]
That ship sailed, a long time ago.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Agreed.

We've been there and done that.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:38:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a low bar.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:17:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I might be interested in this.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll watch it. I loved that show, the movies were great.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:29:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
That's a low bar.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's a low bar.

With TV today is there even a bar?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Chris Carter could team up with David Lynch and have Dale Cooper as the lead character who is having a relationship with Scully, while
Mulder has gone off the deep end and reverts back to his previous station in life...

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:39:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. The story of the coming Alien Invasion was never ended completely and you still have plenty of monsters of the weeks that could be done.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Merge X Files and Supernatural into one.....
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Agreed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed.

That and the zeitgeist is wrong.  Same reason a remake of Red Dawn was ridiculous.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:46:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

You're not missing much. It's a mildly entertaining mystery if you find it in the discount bin.

They'll need another overarching conspiracy plot to keep the show going if they bring it back. The idea of all monster of the week episodes sounds nice, now try to come up with 26 good ones every year. The conspiracy episodes were at least half of the show.

Since Mulder and Scully no longer work for the FBI, they could fill the role of The Lone Gunmen, but it would have to have new characters to resonate with the new audience they need to get ratings.

It could be done, but it would take some remarkably creative people to do it. Hollywood doesn't seem to have a lot of those kind of people.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

BLASPHEMY!!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#26]
meh need to go back to monster of the week and non alien shit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You're not missing much. It's a mildly entertaining mystery if you find it in the discount bin.

They'll need another overarching conspiracy plot to keep the show going if they bring it back. The idea of all monster of the week episodes sounds nice, now try to come up with 26 good ones every year. The conspiracy episodes were at least half of the show.

Since Mulder and Scully no longer work for the FBI, they could fill the role of The Lone Gunmen, but it would have to have new characters to resonate with the new audience they need to get ratings.

It could be done, but it would take some remarkably creative people to do it. Hollywood doesn't seem to have a lot of those kind of people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to the Season 10 comics (endorsed by Carter as canon), they're still alive. Smoking Man arranged something for them. I'm very interested in that plot line. I think it could be used to spin-off a kind of PI show. I'd kill off the alien conspiracy thing in the first two season, then I can see Scully doing the doctor thing with the FBI again, i.e. teaching while you have Mulder and the TLG doing the monster of the week thing as reporters/investigators.

I can easily see Scully walking into Skinner's office and saying "Mulder got arrested again." with Skinner just rolling his eyes.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just started rewatching xfiles and find myself constantly thinking they need to call the Winchesters...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#29]

If they do bring it back, would it be in a post invasion/colonization world?  It was strongly suggested that the event was going to take place on 12/21/12.

If so, it would to be a dramatically different X-Files.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#30]
I want to be be excited...
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#31]
It is interesting to rewatch the series and see how many actors were in it as supporting cast but went on to be pretty big actors.

Seth Green
Giovanni Ribisi
Jack Black
Lucy Liu
Jodie Foster
Bryan Cranston
Kathy Griffin
Emilio Rivera
James Franco
Jane Lynch
Dave Grohl

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:04:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I didn't think it's going to work.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

What are you talking about?  They've come up with the Dukes of Hazard movie, Tron Legacy, 21 Jump Street, GI Joe, Transformers, and all the other totally-original, never been done be 'fo movies!  I think the Saved by the Bell remake is next!  Starring Ron Jeremy as Screech!

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:35:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If they leave the alien shit out and just do strange cases it will be good.
View Quote

If they leave the strange case crap out and focus on the Alien takeover it will be good.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I just started rewatching xfiles and find myself constantly thinking they need to call the Winchesters...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#38]
IDK. Was never the same after they killed the Gunmen
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd enjoy it as long as the original feel was there.

A little bit of sub-plot combined with a new plot thread for each episode (usually) rather than a continuous show that doesn't stand on it's own on a per-episode basis and I'd watch the shit out of it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

And yet, a lot of folks like myself were turned off of the show by the Black Goo Conspiracy. After awhile, it became so convoluted that it was almost impossible to follow, and eventually it became impossible to care.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:53:10 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dean and Sam know not to (re-)invite the man into their lives, they'd tell the FBI to FOAD.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And yet, a lot of folks like myself were turned off of the show by the Black Goo Conspiracy. After awhile, it became so convoluted that it was almost impossible to follow, and eventually it became impossible to care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was impossible to follow because Chris Carter had no idea what the conspiracy was actually doing.

The conspiracy episodes used to piss me off because they were always two parts and they were so cryptic that I had no idea what was happening. I have the first seven seasons on DVD. Now that it's over, I find myself more interested in the conspiracy than most of the monster of the week ones.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:25:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It was impossible to follow because Chris Carter had no idea what the conspiracy was actually doing.

The conspiracy episodes used to piss me off because they were always two parts and they were so cryptic that I had no idea what was happening. I have the first seven seasons on DVD. Now that it's over, I find myself more interested in the conspiracy than most of the monster of the week ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The problem with a conspiracy arc is that sooner or later it has to end - either the conspiracy is exposed, or the person trying to expose it is foiled for good. Otherwise, the audience winds up with... "Conspiracy Blue Balls".
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:27:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The problem with a conspiracy arc is that sooner or later it has to end - either the conspiracy is exposed, or the person trying to expose it is foiled for good. Otherwise, the audience winds up with... "Conspiracy Blue Balls".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got those when they said I had to go watch the movie so I'd know what was going to happen in the next season.

No, I didn't.

I have the DVDs because they were on sale for $10.00 per season in some store in Florida.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You could always pretend that Californiacation is Fox Muldar after the FBI with a change of identity.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought everyone did that
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#47]
They already did, it was called Fringe..  Was fun for 3 seasons... then went batshit crazy.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:31:20 PM EDT
[#48]
I'd rather see a Millennium movie

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:06:04 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm torn. I love the first few seasons of x files and I loved the alien conspiracy aspect of it. But, I think I'd almost rather see a reboot along those same lines. The early episodes were outstanding and the peripheral characters like deep throat, Mr x and cancer man were great.   Another question is who could do justice to the cancer man character?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:13:20 PM EDT
[#50]

That show had so much potential!  It seemed like they jumped the shark pretty quickly though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top