Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 2:11:04 PM EDT
Just venting. Why is it that someone capable of writing an incredible book like Jekyll Island must also instantly blunt that message with all manner of other conspiracy nonsense? It is so frustrating.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just venting. Why is it that someone capable of writing an incredible book like Jekyll Island must also instantly blunt that message with all manner of other conspiracy nonsense? It is so frustrating.
View Quote

So hold on, you think that powerful men would never acted together towards a common self-interest?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 5:37:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm saying an excellent book like Jekyll Island is obscured by belief in nonsense like chem-trails, Noah's Ark, 9/11 inside job, cancer cured by vitamin B, AIDS is caused by its treatment, and on and on.

Its a common problem, half the stuff I read that makes sense up in till it has to go off the rails about the Jews, or the devil, or lizard people, or whatever.

If there is a big conspiracy, it's to delegitimize valid arguments by insisting they be articulated by otherwise goofy people.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So hold on, you think that powerful men would never acted together towards a common self-interest?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way to not address the main point there.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'm saying an excellent book like Jekyll Island is obscured by belief in nonsense like chem-trails, Noah's Ark, 9/11 inside job, cancer cured by vitamin B, AIDS is caused by its treatment, and on and on.

Its a common problem, half the stuff I read that makes sense up in till it has to go off the rails about the Jews, or the devil, or lizard people, or whatever.

If there is a big conspiracy, it's to delegitimize valid arguments by insisting they be articulated by otherwise goofy people.

View Quote

I can't speak to any of the ones you have listed above.

However, once you have deconstructed some of the "manufactured realities" for the pack of lies that they are, you can't help but think, hold on, what else is a lie?

The problem with the "conspiracy" realm of interest is, it induces paranoia for those that have an interest in it and ridicule from those who can't see the forest for the blinders.

What has actually happened is usually a mix of what is coming to be known as "conspiracy reality" and boring mundane events, that paranoid people blow out of proportion. Which in doing so brings down the wrath of the GMAs to dish out the tinfoil comments, in many cases justifiably so.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Then there is "poisoning the well".......
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#6]
He angered many with his book.

The Halliburton mind control machine was trained on him full time afterwards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top