Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 1:23:44 PM EDT
It is sweeeeet ! The thing is super slim and light and it's about as snug to the body as me Crossbreed. Now I need a good belt.  Just thought I'd share.
I normally wear a Tshirt tucked in but showing it without to really see how snug it is.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Sexy. Nice holster.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sexy.    
Nice holster.
View Quote

Fixed it for ya.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Might be time to get yourself a real CCW belt.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#5]
You're not nearly fat enough to be an ARFcommer.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I do believe that was in my op.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:34:42 PM EDT
[#7]
They make good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You're not nearly fat enough to be an ARFcommer.
View Quote

I'm trying. I'm only 44 so maybe it will hit me in a few years.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:38:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Try JM Kydex.  A bit better than Raven.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Good lookin setup.

Tell us more about the contents of your holster.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

C'mon, you know reading is for faggots.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Raven , with hooks / straps for both iwb and owb , plus shipping, was $117. I will be sticking with the Raven.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good lookin setup.

View Quote

Springfield Loaded Lightweight. Stainless slide, OD frame with US stamped grips.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#14]
My Springer Lightweight use to look similar.

Now it looks like this.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:50:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Springfield Loaded Lightweight. Stainless slide, OD frame with US stamped grips.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt329/ANeilSmith/springer_zps61025bfb.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good lookin setup.

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt329/ANeilSmith/springer_zps61025bfb.jpg

Thanks. I need to get me a 1911.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:51:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Very nice !
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Light to carry but 5" ramped barrel makes for a reliable and accurate gun.

I used 10-8 rear with a XS standard sized (not big dot) front night sight, 10-8 flat trigger, muzzle crowned, frame checkered, and a few other details.

Work was done by Ray Saltzman and it runs like a sewing machine.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was agreeing with you?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:01:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was agreeing with you?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was agreeing with you?

Well that makes all the difference. Lol ! I don't really notice the belt issue when using my Crossbreed but it shows with owb holster hanging on it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Are you looking for leather or nylon or either will do?

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well that makes all the difference. Lol ! I don't really notice the belt issue when using my Crossbreed but it shows with owb holster hanging on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was agreeing with you?

A stiffer belt is going to be tough to thread through those belt loops on that holster every time you put it on, but at least then you know it's secure.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:15:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Too skinny to be an ARFCOMER.

What site did you steal the pic from ?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Nice, I love my Raven holsters. Great stuff.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Are you looking for leather or nylon or either will do?

View Quote

Leather so I can wear it more often without looking like a tacticool tool.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:26:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a Raven Phantom for my glock 19, it's the holster I use the least.  It pulls in very tight with pancake wings but it's hard to conceal.  Nice training holster but for edc I'll stick to the comptac minotaur for my 19 and JM customs iwb2 for my 45.

Edit - the phantom is hard to thread onto my gun belt and takes a lot of time to adjust, other holsters just slip on.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have a Raven Phantom for my glock 19, it's the holster I use the least.  It pulls in very tight with pancake wings but it's hard to conceal.  Nice training holster but for edc I'll stick to the comptac minotaur for my 19 and JM customs iwb2 for my 45.
View Quote

OWB is harder to conceal than IWB no matter the brand.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#27]
I've been very happy with mine, I'm going to order one for my 1911's also
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I got one of their new Eidolon holsters for T&E...not bad so far.
View Quote
I missed the initial release.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I maybe wrong,but alittle print I don't sweat it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Poor Springfield.

A 1911 deserves a nice leather holster:
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:37:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Poor Springfield.

A 1911 deserves a nice leather holster:
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/Brauer/4sale/Privateer1.jpg
View Quote

My 1911 is a shooter that I paid $600 for. She's no safe queen and I'm not concerned with marring the finish in a plastic holster. It's just a tool for a job. Not a high dollar piece of jewelry.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
My 1911 is a shooter that I paid $600 for. She's no safe queen and I'm not concerned with marring the finish in a plastic holster. It's just a tool for a job. Not a high dollar piece of jewelry.
View Quote

Its not really about price, but I agree with you about the "tool for the job" comment.  My RO is alittle banged up and worn itself.  I just like leather better, and was razzing you.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Its not really about price, but I agree with you about the "tool for the job" comment.  My RO is alittle banged up and worn itself.  I just like leather better, and was razzing you.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I know. I was doing the same. Haha
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Awesome holsters. I bought a Raven for my M&Pc because I could have it in a week versus the 8-9 week lead time for a JM.

I never hesitate to recommend JM for a good kydex holster, but Raven makes a damn fine holster, too. That reminds me that I need to go buy some Loctite and apply it to the threads on the clips today. For an IWB, kydex is surprisingly comfortable, too. You could also look at a hybrid like SHTF holsters for a kydex shell on leather backing.

As for belts, I use an Ares belt, OP. It has held up for a few years now. It's a good belt. It screams tactical, and isn't really stylish, though.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:30:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Awesome holsters. I bought a Raven for my M&Pc because I could have it in a week versus the 8-9 week lead time for a JM.

I never hesitate to recommend JM for a good kydex holster, but Raven makes a damn fine holster, too. That reminds me that I need to go buy some Loctite and apply it to the threads on the clips today. For an IWB, kydex is surprisingly comfortable, too. You could also look at a hybrid like SHTF holsters for a kydex shell on leather backing.

As for belts, I use an Ares belt, OP. It has held up for a few years now. It's a good belt. It screams tactical, and isn't really stylish, though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a great turnaround story that's been for Raven... People used to say "I'm getting an [insert name of other holster maker here] because I don't want to wait for Raven..." Now it's the opposite!

Good for them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:43:33 PM EDT
[#36]
I put over hooks on all my Raven holsters.  Makes clipping the holster on and off my belt super fast.

Nice to hear Raven shipping time has gotten really quick.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What a great turnaround story that's been for Raven... People used to say "I'm getting an [insert name of other holster maker here] because I don't want to wait for Raven..." Now it's the opposite!

Good for them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good for them.

Only if it's a "Qwik ship" item. Custom orders for holster configurations they don't normally stock still do take longer. I'm not sure how much longer. Also, JM's website lists an 8-9 week lead time, but I got mine right at the end of the 7th week.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top