Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 10:12:10 AM EDT
My trigger and middle finger turn yellow and go numb for hours sometimes when it gets in the 40's.
Anyway, what out there is durable, a little warm, and easy to load mags, pick up small stuff, etc?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Anything by Outdoor Research.   They make some great glove liners that are very warm and are stand alone gloves for none freezing conditions

Eta: on the phone so edited the above.

The PL 150's are something that would work, they have small rubber pads in the fingers for grip.

If you looking for warmer their Flurry gloves are awesome. I've worn those all day in snow conditions and hands stayed warm.

And no, this wasn't in SC.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#2]
WinterSoft golf gloves

I have tried several 'tactical' gloves and mechanics gloves.  These have bar far better trigger finger feel, and that for me is the most important thing when shooting a pistol.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:22:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Atlas
Nitrile coated stretch fabric gloves
Still easy to load mags, I was at the range in 29* and could still feel my fingers after an hour
Online $20 for a dozen pair
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:23:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Any of the mechanic style gloves are what you want .... iv seen other very goods ones at the
Welding store
Electrical supply house

I have these Tillman's in my carry bag .... from the welding store
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:26:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#6]
My brother got me a set of Rothco special forces tactical gloves a couple years back that I like for mild weather.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Mechanix insulated, they are comfortable, secure, and give you a very positive ''feel'' for all controls of the weapon. I used a pair earlier this year when it was 4 degrees out, I shot for about an hour an a half, stayed warm and comfortable the whole time. Oh, and they are very reasonably priced ($25-$30).
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I use a pair of mechanix gloves when I'm shooting and its cold.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I wear these for work and they are good till the temps hit about 10 or so as long as the wind isn't to much and they are cheap $10 for 3 pairs. I found some at a discount store for $6 for the 3 pack

gloves
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use a pair of mechanix gloves when I'm shooting and its cold.  

View Quote

i just got a 2 pack a couple weeks ago. i usually wear gloves to load mags and put up targets and pick up brass but when it comes time to shoot i take them off. i hope i can shoot with the mechanix gloves it seems like a lot of people use them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wear these for work and they are good till the temps hit about 10 or so as long as the wind isn't to much and they are cheap $10 for 3 pairs. I found some at a discount store for $6 for the 3 pack

gloves
View Quote

thats a good deal.  i paid $20 for 2 pairs of mechanix gloves.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I toss on my Hatch Operator gloves.  They keep them warm while I am shooting.  Are they gonna keep them warm for 12+ hours, no.  Dexterity in them is amazing.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#13]
In cold weather I use winter gloves that are made to allow you to use smart phones and other devices, because the "trigger" finger on the gloves make it so your finger won't "slip", i.e. you get a good "feel" on the trigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top