User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Good, maybe Hollywood will get a clue and realize that the American people want films that support our military rather than make them look like monsters?

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Meanwhile that move Selma is tanking.

Signs of the times I guess and maybe a reaction to Fergudishu etc.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully Kyle got a decent percentage when he sold the movie rights.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:48:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting article  

I've said before that it's weird there aren't more regular war movies about Iraq and Afghanistan without the hand wringing
View Quote

This will open their eyes to the potential cash cow and we will see more from here forward.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Interesting article  

I've said before that it's weird there aren't more regular war movies about Iraq and Afghanistan without the hand wringing
View Quote

Give it time.
There weren't a whole lot of  Viet Nam war movies during and for many years after the war
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:49:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did he sell the rights before he was killed? If so, Jesse Ventura might cash in.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Interesting article  

View Quote

I suspect that most directors/producers wouldnt be able to help themselves.   Eastwood is a good director, sure hes hit and miss but for a war movie hes probably one of the better ones out there that wont make it a liberal wet dream anti america movie.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:50:43 AM EDT
[#9]

could it be that "patriotic" movies are popular, and movies

that are all about "the black experience" are not?

heaven forbid that.  we clearly need more race emphasis in this

country, and it's about time the current administration did something about that.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Did he sell the rights before he was killed? If so, Jesse Ventura might cash in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a lawyer, but that fuck already had his day in court and has gotten what he is going to get.

Hopefully he won't get anymore. Maybe Aimless can chime in.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:53:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Taya (spelling?), Kyle's wife is coming out with a book of her own, which Ventura will not be able to get his hands on.  Hopefully, with the popularity of the movie her book will sell very well.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:56:46 AM EDT
[#12]
My google-foo isn't very good.

I've been told proceeds will go towards Taya Kyle and organizations that Chris Kyle was associated with.

Any case I'm going to go see the movie my next day off.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#13]
In before the first "It sucks."
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

There was a thread dedicated to "It sucks"

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1704867_Well__I_want_2_hours_of_my_life_back__American_Sniper_sucks_.html&light=american%7Csniper
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Wonder if Jessie Ventura saw it.

What a douchbag.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#16]
I want to go see it but I want the crowds to go away first. Filled movie theaters are on my no likey list.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Give it time.
There weren't a whole lot of  Viet Nam war movies during and for many years after the war
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting article  

Give it time.

Yup..........plus we have to remember that Hollywood is run by 'tards and they still blame everything on Bush.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:38:31 AM EDT
[#18]
May go to see it on a matinee today.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:40:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Personally I find it surprising.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:40:30 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1704867_Well__I_want_2_hours_of_my_life_back__American_Sniper_sucks_.html&light=american%7Csniper

Because there are a lot of people who visit ARFCOM and hate everything...literally everything. Not sure how those people go through life like that, but haters gonna hate I guess.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Because there are a lot of people who visit ARFCOM and hate everything...literally everything. Not sure how those people go through life like that, but haters gonna hate I guess.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate people who say that about ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I want to go see it but I want the crowds to go away first. Filled movie theaters are on my no likey list.
View Quote

It's awesome. Between the story and the shooting nobody made a sound until it was over. Packed house and everyone was there paying complete attention.

I want to go see it again but I can only see that stuff so much.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's awesome. Between the story and the shooting nobody made a sound until it was over. Packed house and everyone was there paying complete attention.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats all well and good but I require a seat in the middle of the 2nd to last row with no one within 3 seats of me to be comfortable enough to relax.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Wife and I enjoyed it

only the third movie I have been in at a theater where there was an applause. the others were Act of Valor, and Lone Survivor

you can pick apart the movies from a "Movie" standpoint, but in my experience, people like the message they deliver
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#25]
I only gave it 2@1/2 stars. What I give it 4 stars for is bringing to the public the incredible price paid by our troops in these foreign wars. Most of all in that shit hole region where I once spent a year and a half myself.

I dont know why the Hollywood'ized it and changed the facts they did. The original story was good enough as it was. Many of these troops that were over there need help especially since what they bled and died to accomplish is being flushed down the toilet by O'bama who wants to pass the war on to his successor.

That entire Ventura thing kinda sullied the story for me. It always comes down to the money doesnt it?

I wish the movie would have gone into more detail what Kyle had to say about Liberals and the damn ROEs this country forced upon these troops.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

As people were filing out of the theater, I made the comment to my wife that it was the most silent movie exit I'd ever experienced.  She agreed.  I think we could have heard a pin drop.  On the carpet.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

As people were filing out of the theater, I made the comment to my wife that it was the most silent movie exit I'd ever experienced.  She agreed.  I think we could have heard a pin drop.  On the carpet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same observation.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:18:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:25:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#32]
My Daughter went and said it was packed, it was supposedly sold out all day Friday.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:56:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Hmmm... how many American Sniper threads is GD gonna have?  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:59:59 PM EDT
[#34]

But I read a vague internet article that led me to the conclusion that Cooper was anti-gun!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#35]
it's because Dan_Gray went to see it countless times, because he hated it.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:07:40 PM EDT
[#36]
I saw it Friday and thought it was an excellent movie.  I never read the book so I wasn't bothered by it not following to a tee.  I do not understand why people have said there wasn't much action as there was quite a bit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:12:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Taya (spelling?), Kyle's wife is coming out with a book of her own, which Ventura will not be able to get his hands on.  Hopefully, with the popularity of the movie her book will sell very well.

View Quote

As long as she doesn't slander him in her book he can't touch it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I only gave it 2@1/2 stars. What I give it 4 stars for is bringing to the public the incredible price paid by our troops in these foreign wars. Most of all in that shit hole region where I once spent a year and a half myself.

I dont know why the Hollywood'ized it and changed the facts they did. The original story was good enough as it was.

<snip>
View Quote

First, thanks for your service.

I was watching the director's commentary on Apollo 13 when Ronnie Howard mentioned he sped up the playback of the Saturn V launch for dramatic effect. I watched all the moonshots on tv as a kid back in the day. There was no need to speed up the playback, original speed is dramatic enough.

So even the best of directors and writers feel the need to change things around "for dramatic effect."  Because that's what they do I guess.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
could it be that "patriotic" movies are popular, and movies

that are all about "the black experience" are not?

heaven forbid that.  we clearly need more race emphasis in this

country, and it's about time the current administration did something about that.

View Quote

Yeah I think people are burned out on the black thing and when you make a movie that only appeals to a small percentage of the population, what do you expect?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:55:19 PM EDT
[#41]
The Rev Sharpton will be along shortly to demand more people go see Selma
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:57:09 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

The Rev Sharpton will be along shortly to demand more people go see Selma
View Quote
LOL

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Great movie, capacity crowd gave it a standing ovation at the end!
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:01:09 PM EDT
[#44]
I enjoyed it although after having seen Blackhat the night before, the gun play/GSWs were a bit phony in comparison.

I wish Mann would do a modern war film.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I have seen it a few times and what kills it for me is the fact that they don't account for bullet travel time. You hear the shot fired and instantly,  hundreds of yards away, the bad guy drops.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:06:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have seen it a few times and what kills it for me is the fact that they don't account for bullet travel time. You hear the shot fired and instantly,  hundreds of yards away, the bad guy drops.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

They make the movie to cater to the masses.  99.99% of the population doesn't give a shit that they did not account for travel time.

Solid movie.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Good! I'm glad to hear it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:58:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

They make the movie to cater to the masses.  99.99% of the population doesn't give a shit that they did not account for travel time.

Solid movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Solid movie.

It wasnt just that. The gun handling, the sound of the weapons, the effects of the GSWs, the scope reticles were all wrong. Yes, I know the average moron doesn't know the difference. It still sucked compared to movies where they actually make an effort to get that shit right.

ETA: The gear, equipment, and overall of the SEAL guys was not nearly as well done as say Zero Dark Thirty.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It wasnt just that. The gun handling, the sound of the weapons, the effects of the GSWs, the scope reticles were all wrong. Yes, I know the average moron doesn't know the difference. It still sucked compared to movies where they actually make an effort to get that shit right.

ETA: The gear, equipment, and overall of the SEAL guys was not nearly as well done as say Zero Dark Thirty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Solid movie.

GSW's are always wrong, and you won't ever see Hollywood do it accurately when they are being shot with high caliber rifle rounds
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top