Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2015 2:32:02 AM EDT
I was looking to get the new LC9s, but came across the KelTec PF-9 FOR UNDER $200 today used. (Couldn't even tell it was touched)

I picked it up and like it so far! It is small! I have a p-11 and never had an issue with it, but have not fired this one yet and still may try the LC9s.

Here are some pics along side LCP .380.

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:32:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude. KelTec.

'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:37:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Because the kel tec is a jam o matic?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:39:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I've owned a PF9, put rounds through an LC9 and dry fired an LC9s.  I would never recommend a PF9 (reliability and durability issues*) and would gladly get an LC9s if I didn't like my M&P Shield.  The LC9s trigger is worlds better than the LC9.

*failures to extract, broken slide, broken frame, peened barrel, peened replacement slide, broken takedown pin to name the ones I remember all in less than 1000 rounds.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:40:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if Ruger has completely caved in on the manual safety thing (to the whiny gun writers and gun forum commandos), but if the current LC9s has a manual safety, then my all means, get it.  I'll never understand when and why everyone became too fucking high speed and low drag to have a manual safety.  
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:41:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, the Ruger actually functions.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:41:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Hey I have about 500 through the P11 and have had no issues. I was a little nervous right away because he mag didn't seem to seat in far enough, but I only have two mags for it and neither one has caused a problem in those 500 and about 4 different types of ammunition.

Seems to work for me. If this one is as reliable it will be my next pocket gun. I wore the finish of the LCP and didn't even notice it in my pocket, this one isn't much bigger and I get 7+1 of 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:43:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Not having one, but staying in a Holiday Inn once, the main complaint with the Ruger was the  horrible trigger.  With the LC9S, supposedly they fixed that.  Hickok45 seemed to like it well enough in his video.  Still, it is what it is.  A very reliable, slim, easy to conceal single stack 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:45:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not having one, but staying in a Holiday Inn once, the main complaint with the Ruger was the  horrible trigger.  With the LC9S, supposedly they fixed that.  Hickok45 seemed to like it well enough in his video.  Still, it is what it is.  A very reliable, slim, easy to conceal single stack 9mm.
View Quote

I don't think I've ever seen a video where Hickok completely trashes a gun (not saying there isn't one)
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:47:07 AM EDT
[#9]
My Pf9 was awesome. Them the extractor popped out at the range and was never seen again.

Awesome people at keltec sent me a whole new one to put in, which I did. Now I get FTEs all the time. It doesn't leave the sock drawer.

I have a hard time thinking it was installed wrong, it's pretty straightforward.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:51:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a LC9 and HATED that gun with a passion. I didn't like the trigger or the grips, which is 99% of the gun you touch to shoot. I bought a PF9 and love it. Trigger is easy master, and the grips are something you can actually hold. I have 600 rounds thru the gun and it goes bang everytime, even stuffed with lint! I pocket carry and when I'm at the range I draw and fire my carry ammo just as I would in a self defense situation and it works great.

Even my wife hated the LC9 and she can tolerate the PF9. Meaning she likes it better.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:36:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I haven't shot this one yet, but have you noticed a fully loaded mag loading hard?
I loaded this with Hornady 147gr XTP tonight and it seemed like it was hard to get the mag seated.
With my P11 they were a little stiff to seat as well, but this one seems harder.

For the Ruger guys, my LCP will rarely ever chamber a round without help by tapping the back of the slide. It doesn't matter what ammo it is loaded with.
Whats up with that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top