Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/17/2015 6:44:14 PM EDT
Is the hype real?

Some girls I know that is all they drink.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Ice cold shot is pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Like Bose gear, it's not bad, but it's marketed very well.

I prefer potato vodka.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:45:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I tend to avoid any alcohol that is called by name in rap songs.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Its really good.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I've only had it a few times. It's not bad. I buy Svedka because I'm a cheapass.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:47:22 PM EDT
[#6]
That shit is nasty.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#7]
For my birthday I bought myself a bottle of the cherry, it was very good.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Love that shit, straight & cold !
I'll take a Triple Goose, on the rocks - thanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Waste of money.  In blind taste tests vodka experts cant tell the difference between Smirnoff* level vodkas and the pricey brands.  You get below Smirnoff in the price department and you can get some harsh vodkas.

*Needs to be in a glass bottle.  Plastic is a no go unless you are making mixers.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:51:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Hype or not, I enjoy it.

Have what's left of a bottle sitting in the freezer now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Keystone Light Beer ...
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is the hype real?

View Quote

No, it is consistently beaten in taste tests by Svedka which costs about what Smirnoff does.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Way better.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Russian standard or Stoli
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Waste of money.  In blind taste tests vodka experts cant tell the difference between Smirnoff* level vodkas and the pricey brands.  You get below Smirnoff in the price department and you can get some harsh vodkas.

*Needs to be in a glass bottle.  Plastic is a no go unless you are making mixers.
View Quote

Pretty much this. If you are talking other types of alcohol brand matters but I can't really tell the difference between the higher end vodkas. The cheap shit probably sucks I don't know never tried it.

I rotate between stoli, titos, belvedere, absolut, grey goose, etc and quite frankly can't tell the difference between any of them.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Get a bottle of Tito's.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#17]
It is very good, bit also over hyped and over priced

FWIW. Kirkland Brand Vodka (Costco) is made in the same distillery, and about half the price.  Is it the same?  I don't know, it sure tastes like it to me. You can decide for your self.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:54:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No, it is consistently beaten in taste tests by Svedka which costs about what Smirnoff does.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the hype real?

The entire brand is fake.

It was created from day one to be an "ultra premium" spirit that relies on marketing and image to sell.

Part of that image is a hefty price tag.  It costs more, so it must be better.  It doesn't hurt that the people that it's marketed to don't know shit about booze.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidney_Frank
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:54:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is this a clever way of saying you don't drink?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Hype. Save your money.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Pretty much this. If you are talking other types of alcohol brand matters but I can't really tell the difference between the higher end vodkas. The cheap shit probably sucks I don't know never tried it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You sir are correct.  Other alcohols require some level of craftsmanship to make.  All you need for Vodka is enough money to have a good chemical engineer to build and run a still for you.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#23]

If it ain't Tito's....it ain't all that.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Am I before someone suggests that nasty Tito's crap?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#25]
For a similar price I prefer Chopin which is potato based. I haven't drank vodka in a few years though since graduating to whiskey, so to speak.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Vodka is vodka.  Do a blind taste test with all the high end brands and Smirnoff and see which one you chose. Try it again a week later and see if the results are the same.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Get a bottle of Tito's.
View Quote

Is that stuff all its cracked up to be? I have been thinking about snagging a half gallon next time I visit the medicine shop.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Get a bottle of Tito's.
View Quote

My favorite for vodka martinis, since it actually has flavor, but for other drinks a smoother cleaner vodka even if cheaper is usually better.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:59:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Get a bottle, TJ. You won't be sorry
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not quite.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:04:19 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

not quite.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

not quite.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/cristal-has-the-last-laugh-in-bubbly-brouhaha/article1370285/

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#32]
I used to travel a lot for business with a guy who'd have a shot of grey goose and a sleeping pill every night to get to sleep in the hotel.  

Didn't seem like a good combination, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:06:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Get a bottle, TJ. You won't be sorry
View Quote

Taking some babe out tonight to pizza bianco and drinks. She likes the gray gooses.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Vodka is vodka.  Do a blind taste test with all the high end brands and Smirnoff and see which one you chose. Try it again a week later and see if the results are the same.
View Quote

Was an interesting Myth Busters test.
They ran cheap vodka through a Britta filter, 1-5 times, and compared it against a 'top shelf' label.
One of the testers was an expert, he was 100% correct in his ID of top shelf, how many times each cheap brand was filtered, etc.
*ETA* Show hosts could not really tell the difference. Jamie was 2 for 5, IIRC.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Grey goose and red bull....aww the good ole days.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:09:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Better the vodka, the less the hangover, generally.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:11:03 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm sorry but you guys saying there's no difference in taste between Smirnoff, Grey Goose, Belvedere, etc, are full of shit.

Mixed, yeah most vodka's taste very similar. Straight up, there are definite differences. Fuckin' heathens
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#38]
Sobieski is good cheap vodka.   A few years ago I had a blind taste test at a party and it won over like 6 high end vodkas .
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I'm sorry but you guys saying there's no difference in taste between Smirnoff, Grey Goose, Belvedere, etc, are full of shit.

Mixed, yeah most vodka's taste very similar. Straight up, there are definite differences. Fuckin' heathens
View Quote

Psychology can have a huge impact on taste.  Have someone set up a blind taste test for you.  Let me know how it works out.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:13:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Chicks dig it because it's smooth, tasteless, and expensive.  They can drink without making not-cool faces.

I prefer potato vodka, or something with a taste.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

As with any strong alcohol.
Should be sipped and savored.
Is fun to watch a person chug a shot, grimace, and try to keep it down.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Ignoring the stupid skull bottle, crystal head is very smooth and crisp. I wish they would put it in a normal bottle and cut the price by a third. Titos is pretty good, but I prefer belvedere or crystal head...however, titos is great for the price.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe you can graduate to bourbon and stop drinking what women put in their fruity drinks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:14:30 PM EDT
[#44]
over rated.

Titos is where its at in Vodka.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:15:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Is that stuff all its cracked up to be? I have been thinking about snagging a half gallon next time I visit the medicine shop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Get a bottle of Tito's.

For the price? FUCK YEA!!! Its cheap GOOD vodka.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm a cheapass and drink a LOT of vodka, so Pinnacle is my go to drink. Best tasting cheap vodka I've found.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Maybe you can graduate to bourbon and stop drinking what women put in their fruity drinks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe you could graduate from bourbon to scotch.  Real men drink laphroaig.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:17:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Can't compare to a nice bottle of Country Club .  I'm not really a vodka guy, usually Smiroff is about as fancy as I get.  I do like Grey Goose thou.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:18:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Grey goose is good but I drink Kettle One its a bit cheaper and just as smooth.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top