Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/17/2015 4:31:31 PM EDT
Well, I knew it was coming.  I dodged the increases last year, but I guess its finally storming its way through Nevada.

I liked my plan, it wasnt perfect but it's what I liked.  PPO + dental $3000 deductible $322/mo. but more importantly had all the doctors I liked and trusted for my wife and I, and our six children.

Check my bank account today to see premiums taken out for $728.  WTF....  

FBHO and his hope and change bullshit.

How's your saturday going?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#1]
FBHO
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#2]
You should sign up for some of that Obamacare and get a subsidy.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Just think of all the welfare parasites that you have helped avoid work - but they still have all the benefits of a job without having to actually work for it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Without Obamacare you would be paying about a 1000.00 a month,so you are actually saving money....................

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:53:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm confused, you were paying $322.00 a month for 2 adults and 6 children with dental ??
Man I'm living in the wrong state.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm confused, you were paying $322.00 a month for 2 adults and 6 children with dental ??
View Quote

On employer sponsored "Family" plans, after the first kid, any other kids are free. Unsure if this is the case when buying your own plan outside of work.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#8]
You didn't like your old plan under the old and busted system, you just were to stupid to realize it.

Thank heavens we have masterminds like Gruber and Pelosi to fix things and show us the light!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#9]
mines up 20% over last year...cost of living
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#10]
The wife bought the kids hampsters today while I was gone...

...FBHO
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#11]
look into that tax loop hole in the ACA. http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2013/10/24/how-to-opt-out-of-obamacare-without-paying-the-fine/

Actually the shop I work at doesn't provide health insurance or even the option to buy it. Everyone there is planning on paying the fine or being exempt from it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Mine went up 40%.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Wish mine would have done that, try over 300%, that's what I was hit with.
FBHO
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:28:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

On employer sponsored "Family" plans, after the first kid, any other kids are free. Unsure if this is the case when buying your own plan outside of work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems like a deal.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
FBHO
View Quote

DUDE...say it like you mean it....FBHO!!!

From $347 and an AWESOME policy 2 years ago to $1004 today and a shit policy at that...up almost $300%, nearly $24,000 out of my pocket for premiums and deductibles before they pay a fucking dime...does not cover eyes and dental is a joke...and this is for the two of us...age 56 and 57
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:36:42 PM EDT
[#16]
50 percent here.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Why the population is not in Washington with pitch forks is beyond me.  No wait......................49% are on the .gov dole and the other 51% need to keep working to pay for the FSA.
FBHO  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That seems like a deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That seems like a deal.

When you have 6 kids, yes. When you have 1 kid...eh not so much.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#20]
But think of all the "poor" people that "can't" work that you're buying health care for!

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:47:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ours was an individual non-group plan.  My wife's employer offered shit HMO coverage.  But i guess that doesn't matter now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#22]
So, instead of insurance companies raising rates and pissing people off
we now have gov't raising rates and pissing people off.

Oh, now I can see how it is better!

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:49:41 PM EDT
[#23]
whats the 8% rule ive heard about? only 8% of income is supposed to be used for insurance under obamacare. is that per person or family? ill admit I wasn't paying attention when I read that and FBHO.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:51:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well, I knew it was coming.  I dodged the increases last year, but I guess its finally storming its way through Nevada.

I liked my plan, it wasnt perfect but it's what I liked.  PPO + dental $3000 deductible $322/mo. but more importantly had all the doctors I liked and trusted for my wife and I, and our six children.

Check my bank account today to see premiums taken out for $728.  WTF....  

FBHO and his hope and change bullshit.

How's your saturday going?
View Quote

Is this employer provided coverage or something you bought on your own?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:51:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So, instead of insurance companies raising rates and pissing people offwe now have gov't raising rates and pissing people off.

Oh, now I can see how it is better!

View Quote

Did you see any insurance co that wasn't for the affordable () care act?
They are pulling a mint from this.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:52:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Ours was an individual non-group plan.  My wife's employer offered shit HMO coverage.  But i guess that doesn't matter now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got some sort of subsidy with that kind of premium and coverage.  You might want to double check your enrollment cause the subsidy info changes year to year.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:58:42 PM EDT
[#28]

All they did was change which 16 million USA occupants are uninsured.

You now get to pay for that next bracket or two that didn't qualify for Medicaid, part of the 0bamunist base.

Now 6 million middle class families can't afford a Bronze Plan, even working a second part-time job.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You didn't like your old plan under the old and busted system, you just were to stupid to realize it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adrdmmh7bMo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV7dDSgbaQ0

Thank heavens we have masterminds like Gruber and Pelosi to fix things and show us the light!
View Quote

"Nancy Pelosi - we must pass the bill to find out what's in it?"

my god, that is some beautiful political work right there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:02:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Mine is still $110 a month, payed ever 3 months.

Its a private discontinued plan under blue-cross blue-shield.  Its wonderful having a loving mother that worked in the medical insurance field her hole life.

$30 to see ANY doctor, urgent care, or the ER. $5 Meds of any type.  $2000 deductible max, after i spend $2000 the insurance covers everything.

Best part is, they cant cancel it its in the original contract that THEY can not cancel it for any reason out side of none payment.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:05:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
All they did was change which 16 million USA occupants are uninsured.

You now get to pay for that next bracket or two that didn't qualify for Medicaid, part of the 0bamunist base.

Now 6 million middle class families can't afford a Bronze Plan, even working a second part-time job.

View Quote

Super disgusting.  I don't think I want to even try to raise a family it has gotten that bad.  And what kind of place is America now to raise kids?  Who would want their kids to see losers riding a wave of free shit and scamming payouts so they can ride around in $60,000 escalades.  Some woman I know of has 9 kids and gets a payout of something like $9,600/month from the gov for support..  That's six fig non-work right there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#32]
My insurance more than doubled.  FBHO
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Its a private discontinued plan under blue-cross blue-shield.  Its wonderful having a loving mother that worked in the medical insurance field her hole life.

$30 to see ANY doctor, urgent care, or the ER. $5 Meds of any type.  $2000 deductible max, after i spend $2000 the insurance covers everything.

Best part is, they cant cancel it its in the original contract that THEY can not cancel it for any reason out side of none payment.

View Quote

Until they make a slight change in the plan of what is offered.  Nothing taken away but extra benefits added to it to make it better and thus a new plan.

Just because YOU might like your plan, that does mean you get to keep it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Until they make a slight change in the plan of what is offered.  Nothing taken away but extra benefits added to it to make it better and thus a new plan.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They cant change it its a none offered plan any more, if they could do that they would as they continuously try and entice us to change it for a plan that LOOKS way better but they can dick with in the way you said.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Picking apart the middle class one policy at a time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:20:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Mine went up, as well as my deductibles...and I work for a fucking health insurance company. Medicaid and ACA expansion is fucking murdering us.

Uncle Sam pays us and the docs less for the FSA; everyone else has to pay more. It doesn't help that damn near everyone "qualifies" for medicaid or every piece of filth from the ghetto qualifies for disability b/c they can't speak/read or hold a job.

Free shit for all! (except us working stiffs)
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

This will go away in 2018 at the latest. Or you will be taxed about 500% on it.
Guaranteed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:40:23 PM EDT
[#38]
FBHO, I already had FREE fucking health insurance though my employer as part of my benefit package. Because of O'care my employer was forced to switch carriers, now I have top pay a portion of the premium.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Girlfriend just had Coventry change her plan, not allowing her doctor.  She called and changed it to her doctor.

$290ish up to $440ish.

Obamacare working well for some, but not for others.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Obamacare finally hit me.  The old insurance my company had, I was able to keep my doctor.  Because of the ACA, my company had to change providers in order to keep the same weekly premium rates:  $56 in my case. Deductible is $3,000!  And I lost my doctor that I had had for over 7 years, and I really liked her.

FBHO!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Comrade,

The state appreciates your loyalty. To each according to his need......forward now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:10:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Guaranteed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guaranteed.

This.  I have been in the health insurance business for a long time.  Your plan will not survive. Sorry. You will be paying for maternity coverage  even though you are a male on an individual policy on your new policy.  2018 is being generous.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:16:28 AM EDT
[#44]
WOW OP you pay more for health insurance than I do on my mortgage

Family of four here and our insurance is right at 200 a month.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:19:22 AM EDT
[#45]
that's still cheap.  Family of 8 holy fuck

Edit:Cheap for the situation and times
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:23:55 AM EDT
[#46]
FBHO
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:25:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:00:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Just me, no dependents, my monthly medical is $531/month.  I pay the first $3000 out of pocket and once I hit the $3000, only then does insurance pay 70%.  Once my total out of pocket expense hits $6000, insurance pays 100%.  That's just medical.  Dental, vision, disability are additional monthly premiums.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:19:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Fbho

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:28:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Had you expected your premium to decrease?
If it's any comfort, no one else's insurance costs are going down.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top