Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 9:24:02 AM EDT
I'm remodeling a master bath in my house right now. It's completely gutted. I'm currently buying all the pieces that I need to put it back together. The only thing construction wise that I'm very new to is plumbing. I'm looking at this for the shower... Grohe Cosmopolitan Shower Faucet 117166. It looks like this comes with everything I need....correct? I don't need any more valves or trim kits or anything right?

I'm heading to a plumbing supply place in a few hours to look at some stuff and I just want to have something to compare to. I think I may have gotten some bad advice when I asked someone else about picking out a fixture because they told me I'm looking at spending 1000+ on basically anything that I see by the time you buy all the trim, valves etc....I don't know maybe you guys have some advice for me.

Thanks you so much
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#1]

Rough in valve included so short of some copper fittings and pipe appears gtg
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:32:58 AM EDT
[#2]
All shower fixtures come with valve & trim. You can buy a separate trim kit for later if that one gets nasty in a few years.

If you sweat onto it, remove the cartridge first. Depth is key, don't want it too deep or shallow. Use the rough-in ring that screws onto the valve body.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:54:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes it should have everything.

Make sure you use support blocks in the wall. Don't leave anything flopping around.
View Quote

The REAL pro HO installers just tack it in place, and foam it in. I love those.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:59:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Commando 450 is all you need to know
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:17:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm remodeling a master bath in my house right now. It's completely gutted. I'm currently buying all the pieces that I need to put it back together. The only thing construction wise that I'm very new to is plumbing. I'm looking at this for the shower... Grohe Cosmopolitan Shower Faucet 117166. It looks like this comes with everything I need....correct? I don't need any more valves or trim kits or anything right?

I'm heading to a plumbing supply place in a few hours to look at some stuff and I just want to have something to compare to. I think I may have gotten some bad advice when I asked someone else about picking out a fixture because they told me I'm looking at spending 1000+ on basically anything that I see by the time you buy all the trim, valves etc....I don't know maybe you guys have some advice for me.

Thanks you so much
View Quote

Depending on manufacturer, model, etc... You could be as low as $400 and as high as $4,000.00.  Grohe is typically in that $500 + range.  So $1,000 may not be that unreasonable price point.  What you have selected seems like a good deal.  The other thing that affects price is the finish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top