Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2015 1:38:56 AM EDT
If (mis)use of the sig brace is a redesign & NFA violation does it not stnad to reason that misuse of an AR pistol other than it was designed makes it a AOW?  

For example, w/ if shouldering a brace is illegal then what about the buffer tube itself?

How about an AK pistol, Per NFA any waeapon other than a handgun that is <26" is an AOW (also knife guns, wallet guns etc)  Well if a handgun is defined as "designed as intended to be fire w/ one hand" putting a second hand anywhere other than your strong hand is a "redesign" of the ostensible original intens of the gun.

Hell, what if you grabbed the magazine of an AK pistol (or whatever), you suddenly redesigned the gun into an AOW??  

This could be applied to any other type of handgun where you could conceibably make a good off side hand hold anwyere else than on your strong hand, on a fake or real suppressor on a Mac type firearm, below the grip on a glock 18 magazine, on the barrel of a long barreled revolver or Desert Eagle etc.   Hell, you could even grab over a non ported pistol slide & fire it, obstructing its function sure, but how would that not be a "redesign."

Sig could sue, but they only have an interest in selling their sig braces...  Sure if NFA was overturned they would sell more items currently regulated by NFA, but they dont have a sweet patent on buttstocks which is what everyone would go to if the NFA got pwwwn'd.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:51:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Having been a long time government employee, I can testify and provide witness that one does not have to be too bright to be a government employee especially at the level which writes legal codes and decisions. That statement includes attorneys.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:52:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Can we at least try to keep it all in one thread?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:01:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I am askign a specific question.  The other thread is 99% noise to signal, peoble saying the're mad, blaming eachother, & calling eachother bootlickers for not expressing the appropiate amount of outrage etc.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:06:14 AM EDT
[#4]
sounds like batf can and will do what they want

so

pick up the cans and just keep moving along

I honestly do believe we would not be here if people would stop poking a stick and saying what if I do this what if I do that with my sig brace

we had a really nice thing and people just f it up by not playing with the toys we were given

as its been said we are our own enemy in this one

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:15:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I am askign a specific question.  The other thread is 99% noise to signal, peoble saying their mad and blaming eachother & calling eachother bootlickers for not expressing the appropiate amount of outrage etc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am askign a specific question.  The other thread is 99% noise to signal, peoble saying their mad and blaming eachother & calling eachother bootlickers for not expressing the appropiate amount of outrage etc.

To be clear, It's not so much people are not expressing the appropriate amount of outrage as it is some people are downright pleased with the latest atf decision.

To get back on topic, I don't think it is the end of the non conventional handgun itself. It's just that we now have more questions and/or confusion introduced to the conversation.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:23:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Why stop at the "non-conventional" handgun.

If a handgun is defined to be designed to hold with one hand, then making a standard, two-handed grip with a conventional handgun would be "redesigning" it to use two hands, and thus make it an AOW.

What about any handgun that has a small groove or texturing along the front edge of the frame, either from the factory or added by the user as a witness location for their off-hand thumb.  Since it's being there implies the use of a two handed grip, does having that feature make it an AOW?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:26:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Firing ANY pistol with a two handed grip now makes it an AOW apparently, since it's been "redesigned" from firing with one hand to two...

I'm sure the trigger guards with the little finger hook, like Glock, will now be classified as AOWs since they have a forward grip on them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:30:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:31:24 AM EDT
[#9]
The next step would be for someone to shoulder the sig brace on a pistol and get arrested.  Then the ATF's arbitrary and contradictory opinions can be challenged properly in court.  Any volunteers?
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:31:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I know, let's all write the ATF to have them rule on intent of putting a second hand on a gun!!  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:32:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe that's why the Zastava M92 at my LGS was $1200 when I stopped in the other day.

Seriously... $1200.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:33:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Firing ANY pistol with a two handed grip now makes it an AOW apparently, since it's been "redesigned" from firing with one hand to two...

I'm sure the trigger guards with the little finger hook, like Glock, will now be classified as AOWs since they have a forward grip on them.
View Quote

Word on the street is that "cup and saucer" will probably be grandfathered.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:55:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

To be clear, It's not so much people are not expressing the appropriate amount of outrage as it is some people are downright pleased with the latest atf decision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

some people laughting at everyone for swearing that thsi would never happen; this is not to say that they are glad about it.  Others's making the observation that, in their opintion, this was frankly a loophole and we shoudl nto be surprised and are then roundly lamblasted as slavish chain wearers.  Its a little dramatic.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:57:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ironically, grandfathers are about the only ones still using cup and saucer. The rest of us better start working on that one handed shooting. Only cops should be allowed to shoot with two hands, because it's more accurate!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:58:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Sideways gangster one handed shooting will only be allowed.

Yes,handguns will be banned
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:00:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Let's see how many threads we can get started on the same topic!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top