Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 1:07:33 AM EDT
Yea or nay, and how do you like it best?

Poll inbound for all you IBTP types.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:08:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Rumbi's, sweet potato fries!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:10:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Best savory... Mashed with chipotle peppers, chèvre, and salt!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:10:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Baked split with butter

You know, Irish style
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:11:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:16:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, double

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:17:53 AM EDT
[#6]
No "Other"  option, denys the delicious reality's of the humble sweet 'tater, and it's incredible utility.

Poll FAIL!!

Sweet tater, Peccorino Toscana, and apple filled Ravioli, in a Marscapone and Pino sauce is one of the most heavenly things man has ever created.

Then there's 101 variations on Breads, pies, and Gnochi.

Life would suck without Sweet Taters.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:18:40 AM EDT
[#7]
OP should make a pilgrimage to vardaman, ms, sweet potato Capitol of the world
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:19:11 AM EDT
[#8]

dude they suck.

I don't want them next to me on a dinner table. take cottage cheese the same way

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:19:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Prefer the healthy forms... The traditional thanksgiving dish is gross.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:20:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Do they have a yearly harvest festival there?  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:25:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I peel and cube them to boil. When tender I mash with a metric shit ton of butter, a goodly dollop of brown sugar and a goodly dash of cinnamon.

Just made them for my mother-in-law, who said she doesn't like sweet potato, now she does.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:28:21 AM EDT
[#12]
mashed with pecans and marshmallows  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:28:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Sweet potato is best potato.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:29:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having only driven through, I cannot personally vouch, but wiki says yes. They also seemed to have a lot of Mexicans about
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:37:49 AM EDT
[#15]
I only like the yellow sweet potatoes. Those orange ones taste like really bad cough syrup. I prefer the yellow ones baked and split, with butter and coconut cream and some chopped basil.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:38:31 AM EDT
[#16]
hell. I never could do Squash either

I can do pumpkin pie..

I would pitch the old mans Accorn squash from the garden when I was a kid into the weeds. fuc'n shit suck'ed I'd blame it on coons, possum,groundhog, anything

I let my wife cook them nasty taters and squash shit in the house. You eat thanksgiving, chrismas meals here you'll get that shit from the kitchen counter or stove top.

my house, my rules
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:39:02 AM EDT
[#17]
THIS MOTHA FUCKA GROWS IN EVERYTHANG
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:39:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:44:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

dude. it's barf time for me. I don't even want to see shit like that. nasty ass tater shit there.

you'll be getting up and to the kitchen if you want my wifes sweet tater shit here. I don't allow them on my eating table at my house. nor any cottage cheese.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:44:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I peel and cube them to boil. When tender I mash with a metric shit ton of butter, a goodly dollop of brown sugar and a goodly dash of cinnamon.

Just made them for my mother-in-law, who said she doesn't like sweet potato, now she does.
View Quote

We either bake them and peel them, or peel and steam them, and then mash them up with roughly the same amount of butter and let everyone put as much brown sugar as they want.

It's our standard side dish with barbecue in the summer.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:45:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
dude. it's barf time for me. I don't even want to see shit like that. nasty ass tater shit there.

you'll be getting up and to the kitchen if you want my wifes sweet tater shit here. I don't allow them on my eating table at my house. nor any cottage cheese.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I get the distinct impression you don't like sweet potatoes.  Or cottage cheese.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:46:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:55:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

fuc NO!  You could ask my aunty back when I was about 7-8 years old when forced to eat that shit hell I lit the kids table up with fly'n puke

really. I don't allow that pyrex thing the wife fixes them candied yams in, on my dinner table here. my house my rules Actually I've got up and went to my computer room to eat thanksgiving meals because of them
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:57:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Steaming hot with melted butter, brown sugar and a little cinnamon

All you people that hate sweet potatoes are going on the ignore list

Damn weirdo's!

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:58:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Anything but that canned crap! It's nasty tasting to me for some reason, even the texture is off from fresh sweet potatoes.

Just don't call them Yams, or the "magazine vs. clip police" will be in here to shut this thread down.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:58:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yep, double

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, double

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:59:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Poll fail, they are great raw sliced up on a veggie tray with some ranch dip.  I like them that way the most, second is candied.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:59:33 AM EDT
[#28]
The sweet potato is a shameful vegetable, the unholy spawn of a depraved white potato coupling with its retarded cousin yam, in a dark and dank garden somewhere.

One of them must have had herpes too because sweet potato is popping up like a bad rash on menus everywhere and just won't go away.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:59:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sweet potato is best potato.
View Quote

this thread is turning my belly.............I'm out
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:07:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Wash and poke holes in the potatoes.  Put them in a casserole dish with maybe a half inch of water.  Bake at 375 for about an hour or until a paring knife slides easily all the way through.  Roll them over about 30 minutes in.

The water keeps everything from drying out or burning, and it makes cleanup a breeze, since very little of anything will stick to the dish.

Split them open with a knife, and insert a tablespoon or two of butter, and enjoy.
My second choice is french fried.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:05:05 AM EDT
[#31]
I just nuke them for 4 min or so in the microwave and eat them plain.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:24:24 AM EDT
[#32]
I didn't have my first sweet potato until I was 24. Throw one in front of me, baked, with some brown sugar and it will be gone before you can blink.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:44:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Shredded and then pan fried using coconut oil... tastes fantastic and is way better for you than regular hash browns.  Top with 2-4 eggs and some bacon and it's party time!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:43:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Shredded and then pan fried using coconut oil... tastes fantastic and is way better for you than regular hash browns.  Top with 2-4 eggs and some bacon and it's party time!
View Quote

This sounds really good.  Will have to try it.  The coconut oil should complement sweet potato nicely.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:49:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Pie, baby.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Wash and poke holes in the potatoes.  Put them in a casserole dish with maybe a half inch of water.  Bake at 375 for about an hour or until a paring knife slides easily all the way through.  Roll them over about 30 minutes in.

The water keeps everything from drying out or burning, and it makes cleanup a breeze, since very little of anything will stick to the dish.

Split them open with a knife, and insert a tablespoon or two of butter, and enjoy throw them in the fucking trash.

My second choice is french fried.  
View Quote
FIFY

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:59:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Red potato is best potato.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 6:01:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Best savory... Mashed with chipotle peppers, chèvre, and salt!
View Quote

That sounds awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top