User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2015 8:24:07 PM EDT
Glock 19
Jacket
Winter overall thingy.
No belt.

Text from a friend.

I have the super tuck and love it but I want a holster to wear with my winter bibs when I walk through the marsh. I'm guessing some type of chest holster would work well. Any suggestions?  
View Quote

Something that is high enough so I can reach it if I want it/need it. It's too far to dig down with the super tuck when I wear my ski bibs.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Talking guns in gd.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Galco Miami Classic
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
What type of gun?
The galco Classic lite is a no frills shoulder holster that carries your pistol and one extra mag, it's not pretty but it gets the job done well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Tanker Holster be better.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Eagle tanker holster. No hesitation.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What type of gun?
The galco Classic lite is a no frills shoulder holster that carries your pistol and one extra mag, it's not pretty but it gets the job done well.
View Quote

G19. Updated op. That's what I told him. Galco Miami. I have to assume there's something better for his situation though? It is 2015 after all.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Galco Miami Classic
View Quote
Classic 2

. has slightly wider  straps, for comfort, and   a horizontal magazine carry, secure,  but  faster access.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Diamond D Guides Choice is what I use. I'm very satisfied.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:04:18 PM EDT
[#9]
What kind of gun?

He says it's for "walking through the marsh" so safe to assume concealment is not an issue.

Tanker holsters are fantastic for beltless, over the jacket / overall carry.

A Hill People Gear chest pack is another good option.

Edited after gun was named.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Eagle tanker holster. No hesitation.
View Quote

That looks more like what he needs. Thanks boys,

Edit.

I'll point him to this thread. thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:05:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Something that is high enough so I can reach it if I want it/need it. It's too far to dig down with the super tuck when I wear my ski bibs.
View Quote

View Quote

Based on this, I'm going to second Bohr Adam.  Galco Miami is for under button ups.  For ski bibs, gotta go with a tanker.

El Paso makes a good one.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Galco Miami Classic
View Quote

My rig is over fifteen years old. It's great in that you can go to the toilet and your gun is in the same place.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:13:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Based on this, I'm going to second Bohr Adam.  Galco Miami is for under button ups.  For ski bibs, gotta go with a tanker.

http://www.holstershack.com/image/cache/data/additionalimage/tanker-500x500.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.holstershack.com/image/cache/data/additionalimage/tanker-500x500.jpg

I have a canvas old school tanker holster that rides similar to that, I wish I could remember the brand.  Regardless, after buying my Eagle, I never wore it again.

Here's a picture of me "golfing" with it. It gives a good sense of how customizable it is, and how rock solid.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Galco Miami Classic
View Quote

This. I have one for my G19. I've had it for ~12 years.  I wear it when I'm wearing a coat. It's very comfortable.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll check it out. The shoulder holsters are expensive. When I get the mounts and the sling I might just start carrying the 22. I received my Utah CC today.  Road trip this summer.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Galco Miami Classic
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have a canvas old school tanker holster that rides similar to that, I wish I could remember the brand.  Regardless, after buying my Eagle, I never wore it again.

Here's a picture of me "golfing" with it. It gives a good sense of how customizable it is, and how rock solid.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=35710

View Quote

I'll be damned.  Didn't realize there were updated tanker holsters...if I hear the word tanker, the holster I put up is what I think of.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#19]

That's the manliest murse Ive ever seen. I have absolutely no use for it, but I need one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:44:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:33:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Galco Miami Classic
View Quote

This.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top