Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/16/2015 7:36:18 PM EDT
My Gay neighbor is on pins and needles.

http://news.yahoo.com/justices-must-act-fast-gay-marriage-settled-june-083801891.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — Setting the stage for a potentially historic ruling, the Supreme Court announced Friday it will decide whether same-sex couples have a right to marry everywhere in America under the Constitution.

The justices will take up gay-rights cases that ask them to overturn bans in four states and declare for the entire nation that people can marry the partners of their choice, regardless of gender. The cases will be argued in April, and a decision is expected by late June.

Proponents of same-sex marriage said they expect the court to settle the matter once and for all with a decision that invalidates state provisions that define marriage as between a man and a woman.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#1]
For about the same cost of a JOTP and a marriage license, any two persons can have a trust drawn up that outlines property rights not unlike what state statutes recognize for legally married individuals. But fine... you want be able to get married and call it a marriage? Fine. Just get it over with. Here's your piece of paper. Now you have property rights and visitation rights and all that other bullshit blah blah blah. Now sit down and shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:42:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank God, finally.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I would bet all my wealth on the outcome. It will be 8-1 in favor of sodomite 'marriage'. Just wait and see.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]
We must quickly disabuse ourselves of the selfish model of marriage.

"I grew up with a parent and her partner[s] in an atmosphere in which gay ideology was used as a tool of repression, retribution and abuse," wrote B.N. Klein of her lesbian mother. "I have seen that children in gay households often become props to be publicly [sic] displayed to prove that gay families are just like heterosexual ones."

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/children-gay-parents-testify-against-same-sex-marriage
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:45:07 PM EDT
[#5]
So many will applaud the erosion of State's rights......
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Despite believing gay marriage should be allowed in all states just because it is the right thing, I also am very troubled that this has become an issue that has been forced upon states - even though polls show around 60% overall in favor of it nationwide.
And I never applaud the erosion of states rights as I have the ability to comprehend that just because I wish for this issue to happen, the next thing - like gun control - I do not want to happen so it is best the Feds stay out of things and let them be resolved at the state level as you can always move states if you are so inclined, but cannot easily move countries.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#7]
In on page 1.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:51:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Gays want State's Rights when States choose Gay Unions but are against States Rights when States don't want Gay Unions.  Well guess what, you can't have it both ways and we already have a 10th Amendment that gives States Rights.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:52:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gays want State's Rights when States choose Gay Unions but are against States Rights when States don't want Gay Unions.  Well guess what, you can't have it both ways and we already have a 10th Amendment that gives States Rights.
View Quote

Some gays. NOT ALL. Feel free to edit your post accordingly when you get some free time
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:54:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:55:09 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Despite believing gay marriage should be allowed in all states just because it is the right thing, I also am very troubled that this has become an issue that has been forced upon states - even though polls show around 60% overall in favor of it nationwide.

And I never applaud the erosion of states rights as I have the ability to comprehend that just because I wish for this issue to happen, the next thing - like gun control - I do not want to happen so it is best the Feds stay out of things and let them be resolved at the state level as you can always move states if you are so inclined, but cannot easily move countries.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, state's issue.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For about the same cost of a JOTP and a marriage license, any two persons can have a trust drawn up that outlines property rights not unlike what state statutes recognize for legally married individuals. But fine... you want be able to get married and call it a marriage? Fine. Just get it over with. Here's your piece of paper. Now you have property rights and visitation rights and all that other bullshit blah blah blah. Now sit down and shut the fuck up.
View Quote

HAHAHAHAHA, this is just the beginning. Just wait until they start suing churches for the right to marry in the church halls. If you think I am wrong look up the dead dyke threads and read about the Liberaltardians decrying the fact that businesses like churches are not properly taxed. Scratch most of those clowns and the statist liberal comes bleeding through.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:58:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep, state's issue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, state's issue.

The sodomite fascists won't let it be a state's issue. They won't stop until even criticizing homosexuality is illegal. All our rights will be gutted for 3% of the population.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The sodomite fascists won't let it be a state's issue. They won't stop until even criticizing homosexuality is illegal. All our rights will be gutted for 3% of the population.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, state's issue.

You are correct that the fascists side of it won't, just as the fascist side of opposite end have continually appealed it up the chain to try to block it. So there you have it. But many at both ends I think can agree that it should be something decided at the state level, no?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep, state's issue.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, state's issue.

States rights only matter on liberal supported issues such as marijuana
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:06:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You are correct that the fascists side of it won't, just as the fascist side of opposite end have continually appealed it up the chain to try to block it. So there you have it. But many at both ends I think can agree that it should be something decided at the state level, no?
View Quote

eheeeheeehhhee

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some States have decided, however some didn't like the outcome and took the issue to the Feds.

I do applaud your stance of letting States decide, I wish everyone had the same opinion.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

eheeeheeehhhee

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

eheeeheeehhhee

Oh you
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:35:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I wholeheartedly support the rights of gays to be every bit as miserable as heterosexuals, and to risk losing half their shit in divorces.

Beyond that, It is none of the government's business who marries one another (given consenting adults).

I also have a HUGE issue with fringe elements of the gay community who are waiting for the second that same sex marriages are federally recognized to unleash a torrent of lawsuits on various churches and religious organizations, forcing them (potentially at the barrel of a government gun) to conduct said marriages, despite them being against the tenants of their faith.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#20]
they can decide on gays marrying, but they can not give me a definitive ruling on my 2nd amendment rights.

Fuck them all.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I wholeheartedly support the rights of gays to be every bit as miserable as heterosexuals, and to risk losing half their shit in divorces.

Beyond that, It is none of the government's business who marries one another (given consenting adults).

I also have a HUGE issue with fringe elements of the gay community who are waiting for the second that same sex marriages are federally recognized to unleash a torrent of lawsuits on various churches and religious organizations, forcing them (potentially at the barrel of a government gun) to conduct said marriages, despite them being against the tenants of their faith.

View Quote

Fringers gonna fringe. Doesn't really matter what group they are a part of.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#22]
great, so guys rooming together will now be looked at as gay.  Legally.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#23]
It's obvious how it SHOULD be ruled.

But it wont.

Why?

Slavery.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would bet all my wealth on the outcome. It will be 8-1 in favor of sodomite 'marriage'. Just wait and see.
View Quote

Sad but true. The fire and brimstone can't be far behind.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except they are not fringe. They are mainstream in the 'gay rights' movement. You make it sound like these fucks are in the minority on your side. These are people that get people fired for being against sodomite marriage. They are mainstream liberals.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:40:19 PM EDT
[#26]
I take such pleasure in seeing idiots upset over gay marriage. Cry me a river, you lost the culture war.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:41:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I take such pleasure in seeing idiots upset over gay marriage. Cry me a river, you lost the culture war.
View Quote

You lost it as well. It effects everything, some of us just know what the end result is going to be.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

We did lose the culture war. I agree 100% there. Doesn't mean I can't have my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

You lost it as well. It effects everything, some of us just know what the end result is going to be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Elaborate.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We must quickly disabuse ourselves of the selfish model of marriage.

"I grew up with a parent and her partner[s] in an atmosphere in which gay ideology was used as a tool of repression, retribution and abuse," wrote B.N. Klein of her lesbian mother. "I have seen that children in gay households often become props to be publicly [sic] displayed to prove that gay families are just like heterosexual ones."

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/children-gay-parents-testify-against-same-sex-marriage
View Quote

Truthrevolt. LOL.

How much pablum can you suck through a straw in six minutes?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#31]
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.. Not my business to stop people from enjoying life when it has no impact on me and mine, whether or no i agree with their lifestyle is a moot point..
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Some gays. NOT ALL. Feel free to edit your post accordingly when you get some free time
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sort of like those Moderate Muslims that don't say anything.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:56:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Elaborate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Elaborate.

Id venture to guess you'd hear something like "it'll lead to Churches being forced at gunpoint to marry teh ghays," a very interesting discussion as far as slippery slopes go. You might hear the argument that teh gayz' lifestyle is eroding our cultural morality and the acceptance of such lifestyle, and with it gay marriage, leads to the welfare state and free shit army. The latter argument is always one of my favorite mental gymnastic arguments I read on this site.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:56:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Why can't the religious right get it through their thick skulls that they have no right to tell anyone else how to live? Consenting adults should be the law of the land. You want individual rights when it comes to your pet issues, but you have the audacity to micromanage someone's life when their lifestyle is not to your specification? Seriously, people like that are beyond infuriating. Adhere to a standard FFS.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why can't the religious right get it through their thick skulls that they have no right to tell anyone else how to live? Consenting adults should be the law of the land. You want individual rights when it comes to your pet issues, but you have the audacity to micromanage someone's life when their lifestyle is not to your specification? Seriously, people like that are beyond infuriating. Adhere to a standard FFS.
View Quote

My standard for constitutional matters is.. well, the constitution.

And this is very clearly a states rights issue.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:00:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's more fundamental than that. If you want to live your life the way you want, own the guns that you want, then don't tell anyone else how they should live their life.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's more fundamental than that. If you want to live your life the way you want, own the guns that you want, then don't tell anyone else how they should live their life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's not.

The constitution, the top law of the land is very clear about what powers the federal government has.  It's also very clear that what the federal government has no power over, is left up to the states.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.. Not my business to stop people from enjoying life when it has no impact on me and mine, whether or no i agree with their lifestyle is a moot point..
View Quote

Except, where does that stop? I mean, what I really like sex with animals? Should it be legal? What about with children? I'm just pursuing happiness, right? What if shooting my guns in to the floor of my house brings me happiness? Should that be legal?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Elaborate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Elaborate.

When the Fed Welfare $$$$ started replacing the fathers in homes, the black family was basically executed. Even former Liberal Dem. US Senator Daniel P. Moynihan admitted to that. It has lead to a spiral in the black community that couplec with drugs in the 70's have left most of the black community impoverished, fatherless, mal-educated, and almost completely dependent on government. Those who have been effected live on the Democrat Plantation and vote almost 90% of the time or better for those who control the flow stuff.

That was part of the culture war, Welfare and other programs were almost tailor made to destroy the black family and it has effected the hispanic and white community as well. Remember the Julia ad during the last presidential campaigns, women being dependent on the .BigGov cradle to grave.

Do you think that this attack on the institution of marriage is going to be a positive? Or that it is just about equal marriage rights?  We have already seen the gay mafia going after small business that refuse to cater to them, sue churches, and try and make cause celebs out of dead gays being given funerals in churches. California has for years been pushing books on LGBT bullshit into school libraries and the state passed bills mandating the shit in schools. The guy who would not bake the wedding cake for gays is being compared to a Nazi. Which would be funny if it was not serious, as there they were lots of closeted gays in the Nazis and SA.

It is an agenda, and the result will not be more freedom, it will be less personal freedom for all Americans. It will be a minority of minorites, less than 4% of the US population, being used as hammer to destroy religious freedoms and undermine an institution that is at the base of our culture. And before someone spouts off that 50% divorce rate do some research that is like the claims by the dopers that 50% of the population smoke dope, complete and utter bullshit.

Edit, Emeoba69, there is no mental gymnastics involved. It is happening before your eyes, like the problems with Islamists in Europe and #blacklivesmatters crowd. There is an agenda, it is not about freedom, it is about creating chaos, so that more government and those who can control government can gain more power over the populace.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#40]
and

here

we

go

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:08:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Except, where does that stop? I mean, what I really like sex with animals? Should it be legal? What about with children? I'm just pursuing happiness, right? What if shooting my guns in to the floor of my house brings me happiness? Should that be legal?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Everything you mentioned is a right the states have to legislate.

Not the federal government.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree. I'll go out on a limb and say the USSC will rule in favor under the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th. Incorporation and all that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:12:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

When the Fed Welfare $$$$ started replacing the fathers in homes, the black family was basically executed. Even former Liberal Dem. US Senator Daniel P. Moynihan admitted to that. It has lead to a spiral in the black community that couplec with drugs in the 70's have left most of the black community impoverished, fatherless, mal-educated, and almost completely dependent on government. Those who have been effected live on the Democrat Plantation and vote almost 90% of the time or better for those who control the flow stuff.

That was part of the culture war, Welfare and other programs were almost tailor made to destroy the black family and it has effected the hispanic and white community as well. Remember the Julia ad during the last presidential campaigns, women being dependent on the .BigGov cradle to grave.

Do you think that this attack on the institution of marriage is going to be a positive? Or that it is just about equal marriage rights?  We have already seen the gay mafia going after small business that refuse to cater to them, sue churches, and try and make cause celebs out of dead gays being given funerals in churches. California has for years been pushing books on LGBT bullshit into school libraries and the state passed bills mandating the shit in schools. The guy who would not bake the wedding cake for gays is being compared to a Nazi. Which would be funny if it was not serious, as there they were lots of closeted gays in the Nazis and SA.

It is an agenda, and the result will not be more freedom, it will be less personal freedom for all Americans. It will be a minority of minorites, less than 4% of the US population, being used as hammer to destroy religious freedoms and undermine an institution that is at the base of our culture. And before someone spouts off that 50% divorce rate do some research that is like the claims by the dopers that 50% of the population smoke dope, complete and utter bullshit.

Edit, Emeoba69, there is no mental gymnastics involved. It is happening before your eyes, like the problems with Islamists in Europe and #blacklivesmatters crowd. There is an agenda, it is not about freedom, it is about creating chaos, so that more government and those who can control government can gain more power over the populace.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Elaborate.

Lol.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:14:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I disagree. I'll go out on a limb and say the USSC will rule in favor under the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th. Nationwide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree. I'll go out on a limb and say the USSC will rule in favor under the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th. Nationwide.

Of course they will.  I can almost guarantee it.

The 14th amendment is grossly misinterpreted by progressives through the years setting legal precedent for what the SCOTUS will rule.

It is, however, NOT our founders intent.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:14:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Let me off this world.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:15:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Let me off this world.  
View Quote

If you find a decent exit ramp, let me know.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:16:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

States are governmental entities. They do not have "rights." Only people have rights. Governments have "powers."

You guys that keep on harping about "states' rights" are unwittingly helping the anti-gun lobby because they also push the false narrative that the 2nd Amendment is only about states having the "right" to form militias.

For the sake of your right to keep and bear arms, please don't continue breathing life into the falsity that is "states rights."
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every heterosexual marriage in America is doomed! DOOMED I SAY! All because of those communo-fascist-America hating-puppy kicking-Sodomites!!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Full faith and credit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:19:17 PM EDT
[#50]

One way or another it's going to happen.  Just try to relax, if you clench up it'll hurt more.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top