Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/16/2015 6:44:11 PM EDT

I saw rage back in early 2000''s in Cleveland, nothing like this.  

2:30 mark...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tf1cvvtJzM

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Am I the only one that didn't see a moshpit?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The best moshpit ever was at the Theatre Fabrik in Munich, Germany during a NIN concert in '91.

I was motherfucking Gath of Baal.

Step up, pussy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
What pit?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Best pit I was ever part of was when I saw Infectious Grooves and Suicidal Tendencies at a club in the Valley.

Also, there was no pit in that Rage video. All I saw was an unplanned switch to general admission seating.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
That does not have shit on the Cabbage Patch Kid mosh pits in front of stores during the 80s.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Mosh pit

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Seriously OP?  Seriously?

Seriously?

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Am I the only one that didn't see a moshpit?
View Quote

Nope.  

Maybe OP has not been to a general admission concert.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#10]
I've been in some phenomenal mosh pits.  Some were huge at arena shows, others were small at club shows.  Size isn't always the be all end all of mosh pit awesomeness.

And please, don't go posting about that awesome mosh-pit at 'insert semi-mainstream alt rock band' concert.  No.  Just no.  A great mosh pit involves veteran moshers who know what they are doing, not just a bunch of random teens frustrated at Dad for not letting them borrow the keys to the Ford Taurus to drive to the Limp Bizkit show running into each other during the chorus for Break Stuff.  No.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#11]
wall of death > fag pit
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've been in some phenomenal mosh pits.  Some were huge at arena shows, others were small at club shows.  Size isn't always the be all end all of mosh pit awesomeness.

And please, don't go posting about that awesome mosh-pit at 'insert semi-mainstream alt rock band' concert.  No.  Just no.  A great mosh pit involves veteran moshers who know what they are doing, not just a bunch of random teens frustrated at Dad for not letting them borrow the keys to the Ford Taurus to drive to the Limp Bizkit show running into each other during the chorus for Break Stuff.  No.
View Quote

This. Some of the best pits I have ever been in were at a small ass bar with maybe 200 people packed in a room. Thought I was gonna die in a few of them
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Biggest mosh pit I ever saw was at an Anthrax-Pantera show, fall 1997, San Jose State University.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:31:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Never got to see Pantera before Dimebag was killed

Few of my friends had gone to a couple and said they were bad ass pits.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#15]
One of my favorite mosh pits was Metallica at the Cow Palace, Black album era.  Just a fantastic vibe, huge circle pit, everyone doin it right.  Another one was Slayer at a big club somewhere up near Baltimore.  Big place, and there was no safe spot anywhere during the final few songs.  The entire place was a mad house mosh pit, front to back.  Epic.

Most insane...Suffocation at a metal fest.  I got hurt pretty bad at that one.  Bodies flying everywhere, just raw carnage.  Great vibe tho.

Lots of fantastic ones at smaller club deathmetal shows.  Those are foetn the best, because everyone knows what they're doing.  

The single best moshpit song tho, Toxic Waltz when Exodus played in Oakland CA.  Ho-lee-shit.  Back in 92 or 93.  Nuts.

And of course nothing beats being on stage playing when a legit pit is going, and looking out over it.  badass.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:33:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Fight (1st album) is probably the roughest I ever saw.

Pantera (1993?) was right up there.

Exodus/white zombie was the biggest. The venue was huge and barn like, and the pit was just monsterous.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:34:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got to see them at an outdoor show here in VA.  It was OK.  They put on a good show, but the pits were just meh.  I went because they were playing with Sepultura, but Max broke his arm like a week before and they cancelled.  leaving me to see Pantera by themselves.  Ugh.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#18]
One of the roughest was Megadeth/Suicidal Tendencies in San Fran or San Jose (probably Cow Palace but I can't remember.)

Just because those two crowds did...not...mix.  Half headbanger metalhead, half skate punk/mexican gang members.  That pit was scary, and not in an awesome way.  I had concerns about getting knifed at that show.

And Suicidal blows so hard live.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

One of the roughest was Megadeth/Suicidal Tendencies in San Fran or San Jose (probably Cow Palace but I can't remember.)

Just because those two crowds did...not...mix.  Half headbanger metalhead, half skate punk/mexican gang members.  That pit was scary, and not in an awesome way.  I had concerns about getting knifed at that show.

View Quote

Nice to see another Bay Area ex-pat. Saw Metallica at the Cow Palace too, but in 1996, during their "Load" tour. Eh, still was a good show, crappy album notwithstanding.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nice to see another Bay Area ex-pat. Saw Metallica at the Cow Palace too, but in 1996, during their "Load" tour. Eh, still was a good show, crappy album notwithstanding.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really an ex-pat, was stationed there when I was going through DLI.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:39:16 PM EDT
[#22]
I've been in a lot of them, and seen plenty that I avoided.
I saw Pantera and White Zombie together, and that was a badass pit. I've been to a bunch of Pantera shows, and the pit was always impressive. I've been to a dozen Godsmack shows, same result.
Then, in 1999 , I went to Woodstock 99.
That was insane. Between the sheer enormity of the crowd, and the different bands, it was sick.
 It started off kind of mellow, although there were plenty of pits. After two days of hundred degree weather, and anger over the fuckyness of the promoters, and the hardcore performers being scheduled for the end, it was seriously intense.
  Because the crowd was so big, there wasn't "a " pit in front of the stage. There might have been twenty pits, spread out over a few acres, in front of two stages.
I guess it was Sunday that Limp Bizkit went on, and that was fucking great. Rage , Godsmack, Buckcherry, Korn, Sevendust. You had to be careful where you were, because moshpits started out of nowhere, at the drop of a hat, and even if you didn't want to be in one, all of a sudden, you were.
 I had a great time there.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I was in the pit at several Pantera concerts during the Vulgar Display of Power tour in the early 90s.  Those were some good pits.  

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I was in the pit at several Pantera concerts during the Vulgar Display of Power tour in the 90s.  Those were some good pits.  
View Quote

Word Apeman!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Camino Real, bitches.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Fight (1st album) is probably the roughest I ever saw.

Pantera (1993?) was right up there.

Exodus/white zombie was the biggest. The venue was huge and barn like, and the pit was just monsterous.
View Quote
Those are some good shows man.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Bad Luck 13......

/thread
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:33:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Best Mosh I have been in was White Zombie and Pantera at the International  Ballroom in Decatur, Ga. Back in uhhhh...'91 or '92....memory's  a little fuzzy that was awhile ago. oh I remember Slayer at 9:30 club in D.C. I gotz  a  black eye
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Best Mosh I have been in was White Zombie and Pantera at the International  Ballroom in Decatur, Ga. Back in uhhhh...'91 or '92....memory's  a little fuzzy that was awhile ago. oh I remember Slayer at 9:30 club in D.C. I gotz  a  black eye
View Quote

I think it was 92 or 93. I saw the same show at the Rocky Point Palladium. I didn't get a black eye, but I did intentionally hit another car with my own that night. My poor 81 Cutlass was never as pretty after that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#31]
If you never saw Pantera play in the mid-late 90's. You have never seen a mosh pit.

It was a pile of pure fear. I didn't set foot near it.
It was nearly the entire front of the pavilion at Blossom in about 96 or 97.
The rail that seperated the pavilion from the lawn broke down and the pit pushed into the pavilion.

It was one of the crazies moments I've ever seen.

I also saw RATM play at Blossom in 97, with Wutang. Wu showed up an hour late and missing about 30 chambers.
The show was amazing, nearly one of the best I've ever seen.  But there was no pit that struck fear in my soul at that show.

Pantera.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:43:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If you never saw Pantera play in the mid-late 90's. You have never seen a mosh pit.

The rail that seperated the pavilion from the lawn broke down and the pit pushed into the pavilion.

I also saw RATM play at Blossom in 97, with Wutang. Wu showed up an hour late and missing about 30 chambers.
The show was amazing, nearly one of the best I've ever seen.  But there was no pit that struck fear in my soul at that show.

Pantera.
View Quote

If Pantera mosh pits struck fear in your soul, for the love of god man, don't ever go to a real metal show unless you bring a few changes of Depends.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:05:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Pantera.
View Quote

Pantera 1995 Akron Ohio, good even great.

Slayer divine intervention tour was , well , a better.

Over kill wrecking your neck live at the Cleveland Agora was the best. Crowd was very energized as a result of it being a live recording.gasoline dream---

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#35]
all the best dances I ever danced were at ska-punk shows

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:15:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Fuck RATM.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:18:51 PM EDT
[#37]
The accused, SGM, and Wehrmacht at the pine street theater in Portland, Oregon. About 1988. I was 13.

First time in my life I was ever truly scared. Several people were stabbed, show just kept going.

Also the first time I had to wade through vomit to get to the pisser.

Anthrax and Iron Maiden in a national Guard armory was probably the most fun. When "caught in the mosh" came on it was fucking pandemonium.

That shit OP posted looked like a one direction concert, that is NOT a mosh pit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Agnostic Front and Sick of it All.

Maybe about 1991 to 93. Can't recall exactly. Saratoga Winners in New York.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

i never saw them either.  my bro saw them back in Sioux City, IA back in 92 or something.  he wore a Wayne's World t-shirt to the show.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Best mosh pits were the ones in the small local dives. Billyclub Sandwich, Irate, Sworn Enemy, 36 Deadly Fists, Full Blown Chaos, Shattered Realm.

Hatebreed was good for some fun back in the day, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZz6wM1mpt8

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZz6wM1mpt8[/youtube]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:46:32 PM EDT
[#41]

Hahaha damn...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Best pit I was ever part of was when I saw Infectious Grooves and Suicidal Tendencies at a club in the Valley.  

View Quote

I would have loved to see Mike and the boys.  

They didn't make it ti the east coast often

Best one I remember was SOD show (with Overkill & /Heathens Rage) back in 85 at City Gardens in Trenton
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:50:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Broke my foot in a circle pit in Dallas during Haste the Day's farewell tour.  Kids these days just want to slam dance and not be touched.  Was at a Norma Jean show and some little scene kid (who was at least 30) kept dancing around and if he touched you he'd glare and yell at you not to touch him....fuckin' A dude there are 300 people in a room the size of my living room, we're going to be touching
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:51:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Anthrax
DRI
CroMags
Agnostic Front.....

I've been in some crazy mosh pits.

Craziest ever was Hatebreed.

Whiplash for weeks after.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
wall of death > fag pit
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Iguana's in Tijuana had some out of control pits.  Supposedly someone died jumping off the 3rd story balcony at a Ramones show.

I will echo earlier post on Sick of it All.  NYHC shows were always brought out the characters.  

Never got to see in person, but videos of the old shows at the Olympic in LA looked pretty nuts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:55:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I have to say the two best I've been in where The Dead Milkmen in Atlanta in 93 or 94 and Jesus Lizard in 94 in Memphis. Jesus Lizard was brutal, Dead Milkmen was full of skinheads.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:57:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I would have loved to see Mike and the boys.  

They didn't make it ti the east coast often
View Quote

Here, I'll give you the full experience.  Suicidal plays a song.  Lights come down, Mike takes a knee and rambles for a good 5 minutes about politics or whatever, because he is super smart.  Lights come back up and Suicidal plays another song.  Lights come down, Mike takes a knee and rambles for a good 5 minutes about politics or whatever, because he is super smart.  Lights come back up and Suicidal plays another song.  Lights come down, Mike takes a knee and rambles for a good 5 minutes about politics or whatever, because he is super smart.  Lights come back up and Suicidal plays another song.  

Keep repeating for the length of the show.  I seriously wanted to stab myself in the ears, I got so sick of him rambling on and on and on.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:00:41 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Anthrax

DRI

CroMags

Agnostic Front.....

I've been in some crazy mosh pits.

Craziest ever was Hatebreed.

Whiplash for weeks after.
View Quote
I hate em but o have to agree. Hatebreed brought the crazies to the pit

Honerable mentions to Evergreen Terrace where some f***** named Mexico broke my nose with a single punch
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:02:38 PM EDT
[#50]
hatebreed was one probably the craziest pit ive seen. lots of people listen to hatebreed including lots of rednecks and lots of goth kids. that does not mix well with people that listen to heavier metal and hardcore.

also a small band Ceremony playing in a very small cafe. probably 60 people allowed in the entire place. it was like a legit riot  bar stools through the air, all the hanging lights were ripped off. front windows were broken out. very crazy pit or be pitted scenario.

also an even smaller band pistol bitch playing. real riot broke out after that ending with gunfire.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top