Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/16/2015 3:40:50 PM EDT
I was watching the news and they showed a replay clip of his press conference with David Cameron. There he was standing at the podium with David Cameron answering a question and it hit me...

This hasn't been a mistake. This hasn't been weird dream or an abstract thing that we hear about on The Radio or in talking points from pundits and read about on The Internet.

Barack Obama is really the President of the United States. He's our leader...like the leader of our whole country. He is what the American people chose to stand with men like David Cameron and represent us on the world stage.

Somehow, with all of the cherry picked soundbites and goofy paparazzi pics, and the memes, and the snippets and partial quotes and goofy photo ops...somehow I must have subconsciously convinced myself, without even knowing it, that it wasn't real. It was an internet meme or something. But it is real! Have I been in denial all this time?

How in the Hell did this happen? How did he become president? Is the fact that he is President so traumatic that my brain convinced itself that it wasn't real?

This was a very troubling experience for me. It was actually shocking.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Because dumbasses elected him.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#2]
You have finally realized Africa might be a better place to live soon.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:43:43 PM EDT
[#3]
He's President because liberals tried to absolve themselves of White Guilt and blacks voted for the Favorite Son.

It really is that simple.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:44:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I was watching the news and they showed a replay clip of his press conference with David Cameron. There he was standing at the podium with David Cameron answering a question and it hit me...

This hasn't been a mistake. This hasn't been weird dream or an abstract thing that we hear about on The Radio or in talking points from pundits and read about on The Internet.

Barack Obama is really the President of the United States. He's our leader...like the leader of our whole country. He is what the American people chose to stand with men like David Cameron and represent us on the world stage.

Somehow, with all of the cherry picked soundbites and goofy paparazzi pics, and the memes, and the snippets and partial quotes and goofy photo ops...somehow I must have subconsciously convinced myself, without even knowing it, that it wasn't real. It was an internet meme or something. But it is real! Have I been in denial all this time?

How in the Hell did this happen? How did he become president? Is the fact that he is President so traumatic that my brain convinced itself that it wasn't real?

View Quote

Simple.

8 years of bad Bush, a terrible (R) nominee in 2008, and the chance to make history with the first black president.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:44:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Surreal ain't it!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Obama gave me a phone.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#7]
It's super funny you mention that. I was watching fox last night and they showed him come running off Air Force one and give one of his shitty salutes. I thought to myself wow that's the president of the United States, Commander in Chief. A total disgrace.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Blame Seven of Nine for not letting her husband get freaky.  If not for her, this nitwit community organizer never would have been in the senate.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I think that somehow, I must not have seen him in this context, or hadn't seen him in this context in a long time.

I've seen hundreds of pics of him playing golf and riding that bicycle with his crash helmet. I have heard him making stump speeches and doing different photo ops and shit. I have mocked him, I have heard him mocked and seen him mocked so many times that I must have forgotten the weight of the matter.

But to see him up there, next to David Cameron discussing international affairs, it was an epiphany...OMFG! THIS IS THE PRESIDENT!!!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#11]
The 2008 and 2012 elections were stolen.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#12]
and just think that the policies that he has put in place in just over six years can never be undone, never!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome to our reality.

It stinks in here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:50:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I say this with respect, glad you have realized it, but have you been comatose for the last 6 years?   this fuck has been telegraphing his intentions for a very long time.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Fifth Avenue portrayed him as a strikingly fresh alternative to Dubya with his endless war, reckless spending and self-destructive policies. They bought the hype for change.  Instead they got Dubya on Steroids, the Half-frican.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to the party, pal.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:56:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I say this with respect, glad you have realized it, but have you been comatose for the last 6 years?   this fuck has been telegraphing his intentions for a very long time.
http://youtu.be/AQxHmrm83M0
http://youtu.be/KrefKCaV8m4
View Quote

I guess I saw him as a cartoon on TV, like Bugs Bunny or Tom and Jerry. I guess he just became this show or something that people talked about, but it wasn't real. I don't know. It was a very strange feeling. It's like I knew, but I never realized and then I realized it. It was a holy shit moment and I don't know why...but it was.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#18]
My daughter said she is the only one in her classroom who doesn't support Obama.

I asked her what she thought that meant about all of her classmates.

She said, "That they make jacked up decisions."

I almost cried.

She's 10.

She's dead on about the lunch program too. It's like listening to Rush Limbaugh.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#19]
fbho gave the u.s. aids
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:04:11 PM EDT
[#20]
This has to be a joke.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:09:00 PM EDT
[#21]
We don't have a president.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#23]
I stopped watching the news about six years ago, and whenever the idiot is on something else, I change the channel or turn off the box.  

Whenever I am ambushed by his telepresence, I get that same weird feeling you describe.  January 2017 can't come soon enough.  I just hope that the country doesn't continue the farce with another America hating loon.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:15:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Look harder and it gets worse.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#25]
The founding fathers disapprove of our 3/5th's human president.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I keep thinking, "Well, this has to be rock bottom.  Surely it can't get any worse than this"    and I keep getting proved wrong  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#29]
You are here:

1. Shock or Disbelief
2.  Denial
3.  Anger
4.  Bargaining
5. Guilt
6.  Depression
7. Acceptance and Hope
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, he's only half-African, so does that make him 4/5th's? It's so very confusing...

BTW - do you understand the context of that whole "3/5th's" thing, or are you implying that the Founding Fathers were just a bunch of old racist white guys, and by extension we must be racist for criticizing the woefully inept, narcissistic, feckless scumbag who is currently President.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Present.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

The correct name for the prez is Valerie Jarrett  - you will understand why the WH loves Iran now.

From Wiki:

Jarrett was born in Shiraz, Iran, to American parents James E. Bowman and Barbara Taylor Bowman. One of her maternal great-grandfathers, Robert Robinson Taylor, was an architect who is sometimes cited as the first accredited African American architect.

Her father, a pathologist and geneticist, ran a hospital for children in Shiraz in 1956, as part of a program where American physicians and agricultural experts sought to help communitize developing countries’ health and farming efforts. When she was 5, the family moved to London for one year, later moving to Chicago in 1963.[4] Her parents were both African-American; on the television series Finding Your Roots, genealogical research and DNA testing indicated that Jarrett also has French, Scottish, and Native American ancestry.[5] As a child, Jarrett spoke Farsi.

Jarrett is one of President Obama’s longest serving advisers and confidantes and was “widely tipped for a high-profile position in an Obama administration.

On November 14, 2008, President-elect Barack Obama selected Jarrett to serve as White House Senior Adviser and assistant to the president for intergovernmental relations and public liaison.

Jarrett is one of three senior advisers to President Obama.[20] She holds the retitled position of assistant to the president for intergovernmental affairs and public engagement,[20] managing the White House Office of Public Engagement, Office of Intergovernmental Affairs, and Office of Urban Affairs; she also chairs the White House Council on Women and Girls and the White House Office of Olympic, Paralympic, and Youth Sport.[21] She was part of the US State Visit to the UK in May 2011. [22]

She said that the 2011 report Women in America, which the administration produced for the Council on Women and Girls, would be used to guide policy-making.[23]

Jarrett has a staff of about three dozen and receives full-time Secret Service protection
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You are here:

1. Shock or Disbelief
2.  Denial
3.  Anger
4.  Bargaining
5. Guilt
6.  Depression
7. Acceptance and Hope
View Quote

Why would anyone have hope?  

Our system is completely broken and 100% rigged.  I am not just talking about BHO....this started decades ago.  

We as a people are to blame.  We turned a blind eye to politicians on both sides slowly rigging the game and now it's completely out of control, with zero hope of ever getting it back.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:30:33 PM EDT
[#34]
This ride is far from over...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well, he's only half-African, so does that make him 4/5th's? It's so very confusing...

BTW - do you understand the context of that whole "3/5th's" thing, or are you implying that the Founding Fathers were just a bunch of old racist white guys, and by extension we must be racist for criticizing the woefully inept, narcissistic, feckless scumbag who is currently President.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do understand the 3/5ths compromise.
To be fair, our first 7 presidents were slave owners.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:32:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This ride is far from over...
View Quote

we will be dealing with fucking effects of Obama for the next century.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#37]
The truth is far stranger than the wildest fiction.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#38]
All the more reason to publicly rebuke him.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:32:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

PTPD
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Because he is a very good speaking/bullshitter! It's not what he says it's how he says it that makes his minnons bite.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#41]
He was blind the whole time guy.....i beat you in,
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:35:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because the GOP couldn't come up with a candidate. Twice.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

This...and he promised free shit.

And Hellery will continue the tradition.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:36:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I've tried to shut up on this one, but I've come to the conclusion that GHWB threw the election to his son's "brother from another mother" back in 1992. The system is rigged far more than we realize.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#45]
He's not the president.  We haven't had one for the past 6 years.  We're on a completely rudderless ship.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

52% of Americans are legally RETARDED and Vote Democrat.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:37:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unfortunately yes............
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Wait until you realize that with all that we've seen in history,
all that has been learned about economics and in spite of the

overall success and freedoms that America has to offer.........

......at least 45% of Americans are communistic in their beliefs

and want to tear it all down.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:38:08 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Surreal ain't it!
View Quote

Yup.........
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:38:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
We don't have a president.
View Quote

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top