Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2015 2:37:51 PM EDT
So when the call in the GB/Dallas game went against Dez Bryant's 3-step catch, my boss - who lives in Madison - told me "well, that's karma. The books are even now.' Obviously he was referring to the previous week's non-pass interference call against Dallas in the Detroit game.

That got me to thinking - well, if Dallas benefited from a questionable call in the Detroit game, then they did carry that credit in their karma ledger into the GB game. So when Dez's catch was ruled incomplete, it did balance the ledger for Dallas. BUT!!! - it resulted in Green Bay now having a positive credit in their karma ledger. Which they are still carrying into this weekend's game, right? So it stands to reason that at some point in the Seattle game, GB will get screwed by a questionable call.

That, anyway, has been my solace whenever I think about the obvious butt raping call the Cowboys took in the GB game.

Suddenly, last night, I had a flashback memory of Ndomukong Suh's attempt to crush Aaron Rodgers' leg by stomping on him. Crap. I think that balances all of the ledgers. My logic is this:

1. GB was harmed when Suh tried to crush Rogers' leg and nothing was done about it. So GB is -1 karma.
2. Detroit benefited unfairly when Suh was reinstated by the league with only a slap on the wrist. So +1 karma to Detroit.
3. Detroit is harmed and Dallas is benefited on the non pass interference call. So even karma to Detroit, + 1 karma to Dallas.
4. Dallas is harmed and GB benefited by the dumbass butt rape call on Dez's catch. So even karma to Dallas, and add +1 to GB, which brings them to even.

Sadly, I think the karma train has come to a stop, and GB does not have to live in fear of a BS call this weekend. They will still lose, but fairly.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#1]
If Karma determines the outcome of a Football game, it's lawyerball.

The Pack has a weird Karma thing going on, and always has, yet they manage to win fairly consistently.
They will manage it as usual.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The call in the GB/Dallas game wasn't questionable, as has been explained many times. They made the call according to the rule. The rule sucks, the call didn't.

In the Detroit game pass interference could have gone against either of them. Or both of them. The call the refs decided not to make was a personal foul on Bryant running onto the field without his helmet to yell at the refs.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So when the call in the GB/Dallas game went against Dez Bryant's 3-step catch, my boss - who lives in Madison - told me "well, that's karma. The books are even now.' Obviously he was referring to the previous week's non-pass interference call against Dallas in the Detroit game.
View Quote

Your boss is a moron. There were more non-calls against Dallas than Detroit in that game.  And the foul missed on that play was defensive holding, not DPI.  And it was still 4th and 1 after that play.  Detroit could have gone for it...instead of getting a delay of game penalty and then shanking a 10 yard punt.  They could have stopped Dallas from scoring on the next drive.  They could have scored on their next drive.  The idea that this one call decided the game is ludicrous.

That got me to thinking - well, if Dallas benefited from a questionable call in the Detroit game, then they did carry that credit in their karma ledger into the GB game. So when Dez's catch was ruled incomplete, it did balance the ledger for Dallas. BUT!!! - it resulted in Green Bay now having a positive credit in their karma ledger. Which they are still carrying into this weekend's game, right? So it stands to reason that at some point in the Seattle game, GB will get screwed by a questionable call.
View Quote

Dallas has been on the losing end of a lot of calls all season.  The GB game didn't "balance the books", it just reverted back to norm.  In the first half, a pass thrown to Cobb skipped off the ground, and - inexplicably, was ruled a catch on the field and then upheld on review.  That was a third down and long play that converted to a first down.  Green Bay scored 3 points on that drive.

Whether or not Dez's catch, or his extension should have qualified as a football move is beyond me - but it was a more of a catch than what Cobb's "catch" was and only Dez's catch was ruled incomplete on review.  That being said, even if Dallas gets a touchdown there, Green Bay was driving effectively on them in the l2nd half, and only needed a field goal to win it, so that didn't decide the game either.  What decided the game was Murray fumbling on what would have been a big gainer, and Wilcox not catching an easy interception.  Both those would have put Green Bay two scores back.  I don't think the better team won but I think Green Bay played a better game and deserved to win that day.  And if the Cowboys are better, it's not by much.

But, the bottom line is, the league looks out for Green Bay a lot more than it does other teams.  They get calls in their favor that other teams, including Dallas, simply don't.  And just like the Nfl wanted a story book ending for their league MVP Peyton Manning last year, they want the same thing for MVP Aaron Rodgers this year.  And just like last year, I think Seattle plays the spoiler.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:54:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The catch call was the right call.  

As to the previous game, Suh is a shithead and shouldn't have been in that game.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The call in the GB/Dallas game wasn't questionable, as has been explained many times. They made the call according to the rule. The rule sucks, the call didn't.
View Quote

My problem with the call is the Cobb catch they ruled a catch when it clearly bounced off the ground.  And then the booth refs didn't over turn it either on review.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Pack has a weird Karma thing going on, and always has, yet they manage to win fairly consistently.

View Quote

they will lose sunday.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Need I bring up the "fail mary" call from the sea/GB game a last season?  (Or 2 seasons ago)
GB already paid that debt.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:02:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My problem with the call is the Cobb catch they ruled a catch when it clearly bounced off the ground.  And then the booth refs didn't over turn it either on review.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ya thats what irks me more than anything they want to overturn dez's catch on some b.s rule technicality but that dog shit catch that hit the ground some how still under review. If thats not a team favored call i dont know what is.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

they will lose sunday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

they will lose sunday.

Doubtful.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Paging raging Ray Lewis.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Doubtful.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they will lose sunday.

Doubtful.

dude has 1 leg seahawks have better pash rush he gonna get sacked alot. I dont like either team so could care less really but thems the facts..
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:12:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Remember theTD catch where GB would have won against Seattle except the home cookin refs called the "mutual possession" an "interception" to end the game? Seattle still owes karma for that.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Doubtful.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they will lose sunday.

Doubtful.

I'm a GB fan.

They are probably going to lose in Seattle.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:14:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Doubtful.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they will lose sunday.

Doubtful.

Do you know football bro?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
dude has 1 leg seahawks have better pash rush he gonna get sacked alot. I dont like either team so could care less really but thems the facts..
View Quote

yeah, GB better line up 3 guys like they do on punts in college games.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'm a GB fan.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

they will lose sunday.

Doubtful.

I'm a GB fan.

This
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote

In the Detroit game pass interference could have gone against either of them. Or both of them. The call the refs decided not to make was a personal foul on Bryant running onto the field without his helmet to yell at the refs.

You're right, it was a catch.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No and it never will be a catch even with all the Dallas temper tantrums. The rule may need to be changed, but the call fit the rule.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No and it never will be a catch even with all the Dallas temper tantrums. The rule may need to be changed, but the call fit the rule.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No temper tantrum here. He made a football move common to the game. 3 steps, moved the ball to his left hand, and dove for the end zone. They had to determine that none of those actions are common football moves to rule a no catch.

Regardless, I just thought it was interesting how the karma train began and ended with GB.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#21]
It was a catch and always will be.  His only mistake was apparently reaching for the goal line.   This action occurred after the catch and 3 steps were made.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He caught the fucking ball. When will idiots that say stupid shit like this realize it?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top