Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2015 1:07:43 PM EDT
Just wanted to see who all has gotten addicted to destiny like I have.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Checking it.  I hope it has some staying power, I'm a little worried that I'll lose interest once I've completed my titan.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I really enjoy the game, just some of the shit infuriates me.

The total reliance on RNG for some weapons is bullshit.  All I would like to get is a hawkmoon, and a thunderlord.  I used to raid a lot for the chance of a exotic, now I just do strikes, but this fucking game just gives me monte carlos...wtf man.  5 of these fucking things .  Thing sucks next to the suros, and even some of my purple guns (NITC, Shadow price (with field scout woot))

I also only get the same guns over and over.  4 Deviant Gravity, 5 Up for anythings, Steel oracles, unfriendly giants, shit gets old man.  

I'm really enjoying iron banner.  Been tearing it up  If you want to platoon up on PS3 let me know, go by wombatturd

wish i had a screen shot feature like on the ps4, but my shitty nokia phone does okay

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I played in a band 6 years ago that was named Appointment With Destiny...does that count..  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The total reliance on RNG for some weapons is bullshit.  All I would like to get is a hawkmoon, and a thunderlord.  I used to raid a lot for the chance of a exotic, now I just do strikes, but this fucking game just gives me monte carlos...wtf man.  5 of these fucking things .  Thing sucks next to the suros, and even some of my purple guns (NITC, Shadow price (with field scout woot))

http://i.imgur.com/ET4BxeZ.jpg

I also only get the same guns over and over.  4 Deviant Gravity, 5 Up for anythings, Steel oracles, unfriendly giants, shit gets old man.  

I'm really enjoying iron banner.  Been tearing it up  If you want to platoon up on PS3 let me know, go by wombatturd

wish i had a screen shot feature like on the ps4, but my shitty nokia phone does okay

http://i.imgur.com/LHhFeDK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mGdj5aa.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aPP7Yh6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AHYnDw3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/jFDXNad.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/a3FSLjb.jpg
View Quote

You poor thing. I have played every nightfall since the game came out and I've played vault of glass more times than I can remember and I have never -  NEVER - gotten an exotic weapon for any of it. If I don't have enough strange coin to buy it from Xur, I don't have it. There are people who get exotic weapon drops in this game and there are people who don't. Nothing random about it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel your pain with the RNG.  It might just be one of the worst I have ever seen, second only to the "shuffle" algorithm used by my car stereo.

On a brighter note, Xur has Icebreaker this weekend.  Be sure to grab one if you don't have it already.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:59:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I have it and played it for 5 or 6 times, right when it was released.  Have not turned on my PS4 since
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I played up to lvl 26 with my char and said F-this repetitive shitty no legendary loot dropping waste of coding...
Bust ass killing the hell out of everything 100 times over, do pretty well in crucible matches, and still never get anything above rare junk..while random Joe blow comes in
does mediocre in matches and rakes in legendary engrams and loot like crazy. Frustrated the crap out of me..Games are supposed to be fun not raise your BP.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:19:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Love it on PS4. I'm by no means good at it but it keeps me entertained. I go by jetwrangler59 on psn
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You poor thing. I have played every nightfall since the game came out and I've played vault of glass more times than I can remember and I have never -  NEVER - gotten an exotic weapon for any of it. If I don't have enough strange coin to buy it from Xur, I don't have it. There are people who get exotic weapon drops in this game and there are people who don't. Nothing random about it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The total reliance on RNG for some weapons is bullshit.  All I would like to get is a hawkmoon, and a thunderlord.  I used to raid a lot for the chance of a exotic, now I just do strikes, but this fucking game just gives me monte carlos...wtf man.  5 of these fucking things .  Thing sucks next to the suros, and even some of my purple guns (NITC, Shadow price (with field scout woot)

)

Wow, that sucks.  I'd take getting the same shit over and over versus nothing.  I loved doing the Omnigul nightfall and getting 244 kills.  My buddy got 40 kills...four zero kills.  I got 5 strange coins, he got a hawkmoon...awesome
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Checking in.  Dozen of us play regularly on XB1, equal amount ripping it up on PS4.  Check the threat Ex linked above, we add about a page a day to it in back and forth, tons of good info.  Hook up with the ARFCOM clans and come shred with us.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ouch.  I got Icebreaker on my very first Nightfall and Plan C on probably my second or third crucible match ever.  

I actually started out thinking yellow drops were a regular thing...  
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:15:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I feel your pain with the RNG.  It might just be one of the worst I have ever seen, second only to the "shuffle" algorithm used by my car stereo.

On a brighter note, Xur has Icebreaker this weekend.  Be sure to grab one if you don't have it already.
View Quote

Yes.  Icebreaker is the most important exotic in the PvE side of the game game bar none.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:07:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Dang lcpever your kd ratio is off the charts, your the guy everyone hates in crucible. RNG has been kind of crappy with me too but in a change of luck I recently got full raid gear off a crotas end run. I also just bought 2 icebreakers from Xur so I'm jacked. I'm on Xbox 360 gamer tag. Crixus51
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I Bought it at launch and enjoyed the fuck out of it for a month.  Then had to move to a place where the available internet will not work for gaming.  Just finalized buying a house in a place where I will get a 60mbps connection and closing is on Jan 29th.   Once my family gets all moved in and everything is set-up;  I'm buying Destiny again (sold it for a good SP game.)

I cannot fucking wait to get totally reabsorbed into the game!  Roughly 20 days and all will be right in the world.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top